You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Anything necessary before Iceborne? I assume nothing will be missable post expac

User Info: MortimerMcMire

MortimerMcMire
2 weeks ago#1
I haven't touched PS4 MH since the PC version came out and I'm going to come crawling back to my old save.

I assume it isn't going to be worth grinding greatest jagras or ATKT when it's all going to be replaced.

They aren't getting rid of any content post release are they? As if they'd advertise that fact, but you never know.
http://i.imgur.com/gmE9SAv.jpg

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
2 weeks ago#2
Think again.

Greatest Jagras gives you a ton of decorations, to be used for melding. We are getting more powerful decos with Iceborne. Get ready to probably have to meld quite a lot, or snipe. So you better farm the hell out of Greatest Jagras and Tempered Lavasioth as well.

ATKT is also something you need to farm. They have already stated they are working up something for KT weapons to be useful in Iceborne.

I, and others, believe they are going to add new trees in the Smithy for KT weapons, that will allow us to upgrade them into more powerful forms.

So if you don't farm KT now to get the stuff, you'll probably end up doing it later. And by then she'll probably be MR and doing a lot more wrecking.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye." ~~ PSN: CrysisZephyr
~~~No Damage from Kulve~~~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgTQtBM-lsU

User Info: jagger_wanderer

jagger_wanderer
2 weeks ago#3
The event quests are still running full bloom right now. So gather up all those layered armor you haven't got yet. Stock up on consumables too since we will still need those for master rank.
After a few hours of solo, I will admit it does get lonely...

User Info: Rhio2k

Rhio2k
1 week ago#4
Brutal bones, warped bones, fucium, lunastra gems, all the stuff required to make current final form weapons.

User Info: Rayanson

Rayanson
1 week ago#5
Once I hit HR999 I'll farm jewels for melding, I already have a ton of crap jewels but I won't say no to more, then once Iceborne is out I might meld 200'000 research points to see what my melding table look like, then I'll retry by sniping some decos etc, this way I won't have to grind for the jewels as I already did in world, got all the jewels through quests
Who reads these anyway

User Info: TigerTycoon

TigerTycoon
1 week ago#6
Realistically all the G Rank stuff should eventually outclass all your High Rank stuff, event or otherwise.
YOU COULDN'T AFFORD IT!
Opening post was a week ago... how do people find these things?

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
1 week ago#8
jagger_wanderer posted...
Opening post was a week ago... how do people find these things?
Look beyond what you see.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I'm just a Scrublord. I prefer casual games.
... I actually have a post from a week ago...

User Info: Shinagawakun

Shinagawakun
1 week ago#10
Event based layered armours may be missable? IDK. lol
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Anything necessary before Iceborne? I assume nothing will be missable post expac