• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. There will be weapon adjustments between the beta and release.

User Info: Sonsaru

Sonsaru
1 month ago#91
Rhiethreal posted...
DukeLukewarm posted...
By the way, apparently they'll take some time to explain the balance changes and their justifications behind them in Iceborne once things are finalized closer to release.

Does this mean they are already catching wind of the push back?

No, these are comments made in interviews that would have been given prior to that information even coming out.
Normal service will resume shortly.

User Info: drag10

drag10
1 month ago#92
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
Caroniver posted...
Rhiethreal posted...
drag10 posted...
instead of trying to work with the changes.

Why do you assume people can't complain and also deal-with-it at the same time?

Hey didn't you liken the Maximum Might nerf to getting your knees smashed in with a tire iron?

That nerf is ridiculous though, it straight up eliminates maximum might as a viable skill.

The Max Might nerf is a little too much, I'll admit. Still, Crit Eye got buffed pretty nicely and there's still the matter of new skills that might possibly fill the gap left by Max Might, so it's not too difficult to make the necessary adjustments to our skill setups and move on. Unlike what certain people keep implying with nonsense like "B team is going to kill off the game" and such.
PSN: AshScar88

User Info: Lord_Shadow_19

Lord_Shadow_19
1 month ago#93
drag10 posted...
Lord_Shadow_19 posted...
Caroniver posted...
Rhiethreal posted...
drag10 posted...
instead of trying to work with the changes.

Why do you assume people can't complain and also deal-with-it at the same time?

Hey didn't you liken the Maximum Might nerf to getting your knees smashed in with a tire iron?

That nerf is ridiculous though, it straight up eliminates maximum might as a viable skill.

The Max Might nerf is a little too much, I'll admit. Still, Crit Eye got buffed pretty nicely and there's still the matter of new skills that might possibly fill the gap left by Max Might, so it's not too difficult to make the necessary adjustments to our skill setups and move on. Unlike what certain people keep implying with nonsense like "B team is going to kill off the game" and such.

Max Might getting nerfed was fine, but the nerd should have been for it to grant less crit, like making it 10/15/20 or 10/12/15, not making a change to the way works in such a way that will make it almost never active (you're always going to roll/block/stamina skill at some point).
SSBR10: "I don't even know what the heck you're talking about."

drag10
1 month ago#94
Yea, I would have preferred a nerf to the affinity bonus granted, but oh well, their decision has already been made so we'll just have to roll with it.

User Info: Brownstone

Brownstone
1 month ago#95
I just want elemental SnS to be meta again. Dunk Spam is boring af.
Games of the generation: Dark Souls 3, Zelda BotW, Monster Hunter World, The Witcher 3, Ori and the Blind Forest, Batman AK and Mario Kart 8.

drag10
1 month ago#96
Brownstone posted...

The new rush combo that SnS is getting might very well do that since it was stated to be very effective for elemental/status. Especially if you can perfectly nail the timing on all the strikes for the full damage.

User Info: digidevilwil

digidevilwil
1 month ago#97
Semeki posted...
silverbullet474 posted...
Semeki posted...
Are you serious?
The most complaints?
LBG and HH are among the weakest. They're the ones that need the most adjusting. Elemental damage needs a buff.

Element is getting a buff, and from the looks of it HH has potential to no longer be the weakest (looked VERY good in the beta, hence the lack of complaints). No clue about LBG, but the WB counter definitely looks helpful.

Fine. You were excited about it back when they showed a new recital or something like that and yes Elemental is getting a buff. But still, so are all the other weapons not just HH meaning how good these changes depending on the weapon will be is up to debate.

GL getting attention is just so weird and underserved. It was very good in World so why is there need to added more to it then the standard buffs every other weapon is getting.

GL was only good with a very specific playstyle despite the weapon being given so many ways and variables to play. That specific playstyle not being a thing in the beta either which made the weapon that much worse in that context.
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/swillo
Twitter - @PandaKingEX, 3rd Place at EVO for Pokken Tournament.

User Info: tekato

tekato
1 month ago#98
drag10 posted...
Brownstone posted...

The new rush combo that SnS is getting might very well do that since it was stated to be very effective for elemental/status. Especially if you can perfectly nail the timing on all the strikes for the full damage.

My only concern with that combo is that it sends you flying too far away from the monster.

User Info: Brownstone

Brownstone
1 month ago#99
drag10 posted...

That's what i'm hoping for. The new combo not only looks sick but is actually safer than the falling bash spam because you can roll out of it at any time.
Games of the generation: Dark Souls 3, Zelda BotW, Monster Hunter World, The Witcher 3, Ori and the Blind Forest, Batman AK and Mario Kart 8.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. There will be weapon adjustments between the beta and release.
  • Topic Archived