• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Weapon aesthetic changes you'd like

User Info: prsboys

prsboys
2 months ago#41
IvoEska posted...
I'd like those bows that have a 'Y' shape to come back. Like Dire Miralis, Nersyclla, Caedus. Or Nerg's bow in world. Why cant we have more of those rather than bow/iron?

Also, when monster weapons have a theme to them which isn't necessarily the monster itself. Like how Gogmazios' weapons are all death related, Odogaron weapons look like a ninja would use them, Daora's weapons are all a different animal for some reason. More of that.

Those where did cool designs.
And don't forget Abyssal Lagiacrus's X shaped bow.
Hello peoples it is Prsboys and how I wish I had a taco

User Info: Caroniver

Caroniver
2 months ago#42
TigerTycoon posted...
Not specific to a weapon, but I generally dislike weapons that are supposed to have an edge that look like blunt objects.

Hey, if I have to sharpen my Hammer why can't I use beer mug Dual Blades?
Mixer of Mega Dash Juices, slayer of giant monsters.
Self-proclaimed leader of the Tri Hards. http://tinyurl.com/y8s94446

User Info: RoadRollerGuy

RoadRollerGuy
2 months ago#43
Shinagawakun posted...
RoadRollerGuy posted...
Shinagawakun posted...

Nonsense. A well-designed weapon can still be accessible by everyone. Also I'd like you to point out 1 negative to using a well-designed weapon that's actually good. If you can't then you're just hollering gibberish.

Too reliant with those kind of weapons will hindered the skills of the user.

Scenario1: A beat a powerful beast with a well-designed sword. B says "The sword must be good then, not suprised. Any grunt could do it with that sword of yours."

Scenario2: A beat a powerful beast with a generic, dull-looking sword. B says "You have skills, any lesser men would be dead by now."

I chose scenario 2, a guy with mad skillz is more worth than a guy with cool weapon.

I don't think you even understand what we're asking for smh Try to think before replying next time please.

Let me spell it out and no, I'm not trying to be condescending here:

You see the Witcher Silver Sword SnS? It has the same moveset as the normal SnS, but the animation's different.
You see True Gael Borg IG? It has flashy jump animation, but the moveset's the same as normal IG.
You see Dragon Soul Kinsect? It's flashy, blue and is not an insect, but does the same work as a normal kinsect.

Yeah, we're talking about those things. Animation and weapon DESIGN changes does NOT affect the way they'll work. A well-designed weapon with unique animation would make the game more fun without taking anything away from the gameplay.

Also how tf does a well-designed weapon affect player skill? I'd like to hear your argument on this. It's like saying "Oh I carry the Zirael, I can slash any AT in minutes with this DB 'cause this unique weapon automatically heightens my player skills".

OK, I give up on this topic. Just realized that looks=/=skills.

I just hate some guy with fancy/unrealistic gear, that's all.
People died when they were killed. --Logic Man

User Info: Caroniver

Caroniver
2 months ago#44
RoadRollerGuy posted...
I just hate some guy with fancy/unrealistic gear, that's all.

I can't believe you're saying you hate flashy stuff and your name is just https://i.ytimg.com/vi/O34XNxncFq4/maxresdefault.jpg the pinnacle of flashy
Mixer of Mega Dash Juices, slayer of giant monsters.
Self-proclaimed leader of the Tri Hards. http://tinyurl.com/y8s94446

User Info: zegram33

zegram33
2 months ago#45
Yeh, OP here to clarify this is about 100% COSMETIC effects and preferences

User Info: TigerTycoon

TigerTycoon
2 months ago#46
Caroniver posted...
TigerTycoon posted...
Not specific to a weapon, but I generally dislike weapons that are supposed to have an edge that look like blunt objects.

While I'm not personally a fan of them, I'm not talking about gag appearance weapons.

I mean stuff like the Hellblade Axe in MHG which looks less like an Axe or Sword and more like a roughly cut chunk of rocks stuck together.

While the game never clarifies it, I reason that you're not "sharpening" your hammer, but "pounding it back into shape" because it gets deformed from hitting things.
YOU COULDN'T AFFORD IT!

User Info: prsboys

prsboys
2 months ago#47
TigerTycoon posted...
Caroniver posted...
TigerTycoon posted...

While I'm not personally a fan of them, I'm not talking about gag appearance weapons.

I mean stuff like the Hellblade Axe in MHG which looks less like an Axe or Sword and more like a roughly cut chunk of rocks stuck together.

While the game never clarifies it, I reason that you're not "sharpening" your hammer, but "pounding it back into shape" because it gets deformed from hitting things.

This is what I always thought.
You're hitting a rounded head against sharp scales which would sent it and you am it back out.
Hello peoples it is Prsboys and how I wish I had a taco
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Weapon aesthetic changes you'd like
  • Topic Archived