• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Weapon aesthetic changes you'd like

User Info: zegram33

zegram33
4 weeks ago#1
So are there any weapons or weapon types that you enjoy the moveset of, but dislike some aesthetic angle?

Can be as simple as a weapon types look, can be an entire aspect of them.
As an example, I really enjoy HH moveset and gameplay, but I’m not a fan of the goofy-ness of most of them

The one used in the icebourne trailer looking “shaman staff-y” makes me think I’ll feel a lot better using it even with the same moveset

I equally know some people who don’t like using the IG and a S+S because they are left handed and it “feels weird”

Any thoughts or feelings yourselves?

User Info: Shinagawakun

Shinagawakun
4 weeks ago#2
I wanna change the looks of almost every Bow and IG in the game except the Jho Bow. They looks so horribly plain and bland.

Wanna change almost every KT weapon design because most of them look alike with only minor changes and that ugly golden colour needs to go (why no weapon pigment change option??).

The Luna weapon designs. They look all alike with only very minor changes.

HH's R2 animations. Seriously if it's a drum-like HH (Luna ones fo e.g) beat on them instead of doing some weird animation.

User Info: drag10

drag10
4 weeks ago#3
Shinagawakun posted...
Wanna change almost every KT weapon design because most of them look alike with only minor changes and that ugly golden colour needs to go (why no weapon pigment change option??).

The gold palette of the KT weapons would be bearable if they had more varied weapon designs. The R8 Taroth weapons are the worst offenders in this regard, being identical gold palette swaps of the iron weapon line.

As for Luna weapons, what irks me is that they chose to go with a blue palette swap of the iron line when there had been precedents from earlier games that are essentially blue Teostra weapons that are arguably more unique.
PSN: AshScar88

User Info: Shinagawakun

Shinagawakun
4 weeks ago#4
drag10 posted...
Shinagawakun posted...

The gold palette of the KT weapons would be bearable if they had more varied weapon designs. The R8 Taroth weapons are the worst offenders in this regard, being identical gold palette swaps of the iron weapon line.

As for Luna weapons, what irks me is that they chose to go with a blue palette swap of the iron line when there had been precedents from earlier games that are essentially blue Teostra weapons that are arguably more unique.

Couldn't agree more. R8 KT weapons are good, but I hate their design so much. The inane repetition points towards the laziness of the designers tbh

I'm sorry I'm not familiar enough with the previous games but I do dislike the design of Luna weapons in this game.

User Info: drag10

drag10
4 weeks ago#5
Shinagawakun posted...
I'm sorry I'm not familiar enough with the previous games but I do dislike the design of Luna weapons in this game.

There are designs for the LS, hammer, GL and HBG from both Freedom Unite and 4U here: https://monsterhunter.fandom.com/wiki/Lunastra_Equipment

Definitely more eye-catching compared to what we got in World.
PSN: AshScar88

User Info: Jeannie13

Jeannie13
4 weeks ago#6
Nargacuga Charge Blade is lazy af unless there is a final version that looks cooler.

For Long Sword, I've been hoping they bring back Wailing Cleaver Shin. The cloth wrapped around that hilt that changes color with chest color was awesome.
https://twitch.tv/jeannielove
Going for Dragon's Dogma Double Platinum!

User Info: darealest47

darealest47
4 weeks ago#7
I'd like to change the generic samey western style back to unique looking
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec

User Info: prsboys

prsboys
4 weeks ago#8
Two handed weapons have always been right handed and one handed weapons have always been left handed.
Even Dual Blades are a left handed weapon
Hello peoples it is Prsboys and how I wish I had a taco

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
4 weeks ago#9
Diablos and Baroth weapons.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: zegram33

zegram33
4 weeks ago#10
prsboys posted...
Two handed weapons have always been right handed and one handed weapons have always been left handed.
Even Dual Blades are a left handed weapon

It’s actually quite variable
The switch axe is held left handed at rest but then right handed for several of its attacks
All the shield based weapons hold there shields on the right hand though yes
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Weapon aesthetic changes you'd like
  • Topic Archived