• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Do you prefer melee or ranged weapon?

User Info: Armyofone

Armyofone
1 month ago#1
I'm going to make a hunter with a ranged weapon mainly, either LBG or HBG because I have my character already in mind.
Lightning- I control my Fate! (FF 13)

User Info: DarknessOp3191

DarknessOp3191
1 month ago#2
I prefer Melee in MH but the HBG has been one of my actual main weapons for years.
Splatoon - Monster Hunter - Fallout - Pokemon - Smash - Mario Kart - Overwatch
https://i.imgtc.com/htAmKq4.png

User Info: Armyofone

Armyofone
1 month ago#3
DarknessOp3191 posted...
I prefer Melee in MH but the HBG has been one of my actual main weapons for years.

Why do you prefer melee in mhw if the gun was your main? Is melee more fun in your opinion?
Lightning- I control my Fate! (FF 13)

User Info: PrimalElz

PrimalElz
1 month ago#4
Depends on what I'm fighting. Bazelgeuse and Flyers get Bow, everything else gets Sephiroth.
I love Monster Hunter so much that I made a Gameplay Music Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxRnI9yrzlo

User Info: Rayanson

Rayanson
1 month ago#5
The only melee weapons I play are CB & LS depending on the mood mostly CB, sometimes for the lulz, DB, I'm learning HH rn like seriously, for Iceborne

For ranged I really enjoy the bow, it's strong, and isn't a snooze fest and it also rewards my jewels grinding

HBG because its super strong, when I'm just tryna cheese I go HBG

LBG for kulve and nothing else

3u Idk what I mained, I used to cheat cuz I didn't understand anything about the game, I probably used GS, idk

Un 4U I got a SERIOUS grasp of the game and well I mained CB & IG only

Un generation CB & sometime LS, bushido style all the time
Who reads these anyway

User Info: DarknessOp3191

DarknessOp3191
1 month ago#6
Armyofone posted...
DarknessOp3191 posted...

Why do you prefer melee in mhw if the gun was your main? Is melee more fun in your opinion?

Monster Hunter as a series has great gameplay that involves timing your attacks, blocks, and dodges as you learn to effectively counter the monsters.

A lot of monsters in the series aren't able to deal with Ranged weapon users very well - to the point that many can be outright trivialized just by bringing an HBG.

HBG in MHW can apply different status (sleep, paralysis, KO) very easily with little to no risk and at the same time dish out great damage with different ammo types.

Could go on but I'm running on little sleep, so I'll just keep it brief instead of getting into specifics.

In short, melee weapons involve you learning how to evade monster attacks while hitting weakpoints while ranged weapons in MHW involve strafing around the monster while locking it down from out-of-reach with status effects or damage.

I use melee and ranged but HBG is one of my mains because I am a sucker for huge damage (you should see Valor HBG in MHGU).
Splatoon - Monster Hunter - Fallout - Pokemon - Smash - Mario Kart - Overwatch
https://i.imgtc.com/htAmKq4.png

User Info: Shinagawakun

Shinagawakun
1 month ago#7
Depends on the enemy.

Against monsters that keep flying (Daora, Bezel etc.), I prefer ranged (although I do prefer ranged against some grounded ones like Vaal, Anjanath Diablos too). Against EDs like Nerg, Teo, Luna etc. I prefer melee.

But tbh I main all the 3 ranged weapons. But amongst melee, I only play IG, HH, CB and SA.

User Info: orBhsiF

orBhsiF
1 month ago#8
Depends on the game and depends on the monster(s).
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-0592-9083-9035.

User Info: drag10

drag10
1 month ago#9
Primarily melee, but I played a good lot of bow in past games. Didn't play bow in World though, since I did not like how its changes favor a more mobile shot spammy style compared to the past where it's like a mobile greatsword where you charge and snipe specific weakspots.
PSN: AshScar88

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
1 month ago#10
I've stuck mainly to Dual Blades for the entirety of World. around 800 hunts or so. With less than 10 total using other weapons.

That said, I'll continue with them in IB, but I'm looking to branch out into Bow, Insect Glaive, and Hunting Horn.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye." ~~ PSN: CrysisZephyr
~~~No Damage Kulve~~~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgTQtBM-lsU
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Do you prefer melee or ranged weapon?
  • Topic Archived