• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What's a good Anti-AT Nergigante HBG build?
I typically use Long Sword, Charge Blade, Lance and IG and I haven't really had too much of an issue fighting him with the LS outside of getting hit by a few combos here and there, but I was thinking about building a HBG set in case of cheesy divebombs + to help support with sleep and paralyses ammo, and doing high damage with Cluster.

What build would I use for that? A guard mod with the "super guard" decoration and a bunch of health decos?
Kitanai Ningen - Zamasu 2016
"To be honest, Ginyu himself doesn't have very many moves." - Tomoko Hiroki, DBFZ producer.

User Info: tokerblue

tokerblue
1 month ago#2
I'm not sure what materials you have, but Magda Gemitus II is the best status HBG in the game.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
- Robert A. Heinlein
super hotshot bowser 1 month ago#3
tokerblue posted...
Magda Gemitus II

I don't have that but I could probably get it.

I have a decent amount of things, so feel free to just lay out any build and I can go for it. I do have 5 Guard Up gems and 1 Shield Gem, if that matters for HBG's shield mod.
"To be honest, Ginyu himself doesn't have very many moves." - Tomoko Hiroki, DBFZ producer.

tokerblue
1 month ago#4
super hotshot bowser posted...

I have a decent amount of things, so feel free to just lay out any build and I can go for it. I do have 5 Guard Up gems and 1 Shield Gem, if that matters for HBG's shield mod.

You don't need that many. 1 Shield Gem will let you block everything in the game. You're going to have to adjust the skill levels according to what you have. Use something like Athena's Armor Search to optimize your builds. You want Artillery Lv3 for sleep bombing. When you wake a monster up with Wyvern Fire, it's going to do a lot of damage.

Magda Gemitus II (Attack/Attack)
Mods: Shield Mod, Close Range, Close Range
Kulve Taroth's Fury β
Kirin Jacket γ
Xeno'jiiva Claws γ
Xeno'jiiva Spine γ
Xeno'jiiva Spurs γ
-----------------
Attack Charm III
-----------------
4x Attack Jewel
2x Challenger Jewel
3x Flawless Jewel
3x Artillery Jewel
1x Shield Jewel
-----------------
Razor Sharp/Spare Shot
Attack Boost Lv7
Free Elem/Ammo Up Lv3
Agitator Lv3
Peak Performance Lv3
Artillery Lv3
Critical Boost Lv2
Guard Up
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
- Robert A. Heinlein
super hotshot bowser 1 month ago#5
So overall it wouldn't be worth having any extra health augments or divine protection as a "just in-case" backup for Single Player/Multiplayer? And having Ironwall wouldn't matter too right?

User Info: Apalachicola

Apalachicola
1 month ago#6
The meta build, with a shield mod and HB if you want. It’s a long fight, so replenishing ammo and bombs is beneficial. It’s a little better than the load-out above, which is outdated, but works fine.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.

tokerblue
1 month ago#7
super hotshot bowser posted...
So overall it wouldn't be worth having any extra health augments or divine protection as a "just in-case" backup for Single Player/Multiplayer? And having Ironwall wouldn't matter too right?

I don't think so. The idea of any ranged weapon is to take as little damage and hits as possible. The only time an Ironwall would be beneficial is if you were a Tank in a Behemoth fight, and that role isn't for a HBG like MGII.
- Robert A. Heinlein

tokerblue
1 month ago#8
Apalachicola posted...
The meta build, with a shield mod and HB if you want. It’s a long fight, so replenishing ammo and bombs is beneficial. It’s a little better than the load-out above, which is outdated, but works fine.

What is outdated in the build I posted?
- Robert A. Heinlein
super hotshot bowser 1 month ago#9
Another question about that build, since it has -20% affinity and the only affinity boosting thing I have would be Agitator and that'd bring me to -11%, wouldn't I be doing less damage overall? Or would that not matter with that weapon?

tokerblue
1 month ago#10
Affinity doesn't make a big difference with Magda as the HBG. Especially if you use Cluster. I don't even worry about Affinity with HBG outside or Pierce and Spread.
- Robert A. Heinlein
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What's a good Anti-AT Nergigante HBG build?
  • Topic Archived