• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What is the increase of Good Luck vs Great Luck set Bonus?

User Info: Semeki

Semeki
1 month ago#1
I need to farm dash extract from Diablos. Is there a big difference between these two set bonuses? Anyone test them out?

I will be capturing as well so that's a variable to consider I think.

By how many extra rewards were given?
The darkest shadows are cast by the brightest light.

User Info: nebula2

nebula2
1 month ago#2
What's the difference between good and great? That's the question lol

As for farming purpose just slap kirin and legiana set together since you cap anyway ;)

(Edit) also it "increases the chance of getting extra rewards" it doesn't guarantee. (Henche the Kirin/legiana set reccomendations as if good luck doesn't kick in you still have cap master)
PSN:Nebuladark, Switch FC:SW-0857-4415-9982,
3DS: FC:0774-5319-1816, ACNL:Nebula from Ygdrasil, MHGenU:Serenade, MHworld:Serenade.

Semeki
1 month ago#3
nebula2 posted...

As for farming purpose just slap kirin and legiana set together since you cap anyway ;)

Kirin. Forgot about that one. But I've read Appreciation Set was good too? Well thank you Kjarr weapons.

I was thinking there was like a percentage increase so I worded it kinda like that :P

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
1 month ago#4
I don't know if anyone ever mathematically calculated anything.

Good just says there is a "good" chance, while Great says there is a "high" chance.

Honestly, if you are definitely capturing, I'd say go with Good from the Legiana Alpha/Beta set. Then add in 3 pieces of Kirin for the Kirin Favor. You could then get bonus quest rewards and bonus capture rewards.

It's probably more reliable than going with the Great Luck, which requires a 4 or 5 piece set.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye." ~~ PSN: CrysisZephyr
~~~No Damage Kulve~~~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgTQtBM-lsU

User Info: nebula2

nebula2
1 month ago#5
Semeki posted...
nebula2 posted...

Kirin. Forgot about that one. But I've read Appreciation Set was good too?

I was thinking there was like a percentage increase so I worded it kinda like that :P

The gala is great luck
But like I said. It has a chance of getting extra items it does not guarantee.
PSN:Nebuladark, Switch FC:SW-0857-4415-9982,
3DS: FC:0774-5319-1816, ACNL:Nebula from Ygdrasil, MHGenU:Serenade, MHworld:Serenade.

Semeki
1 month ago#6
nebula2 posted...
Semeki posted...
nebula2 posted...

Kirin. Forgot about that one. But I've read Appreciation Set was good too?

The gala is great luck
But like I said. It has a chance of getting extra items it does not guarantee.

Can kirin and legiana be stacked along with lucky cat?

Semeki
1 month ago#7
Lol omg I suck without EE.

SilverHawke27
1 month ago#8
@Semeki
Why not use the Elder Melder? I'm not sure what is required for the Dash Juice, though.

As for the extract, you could target it with your tailraider safari to maybe get some that way.

You could also just target Tzitzi.
High Tzitzi-Ya-Ku Investigation Reward (Silver) x2 12%
High Diablos Investigation Reward (Gold) x3 12%
High Diablos Investigation Reward (Silver) x2 14%

It's only 2% more likely, but if Diablos is that much more of a pain, Tzitzi would probably be much faster.

Semeki
1 month ago#9
I all ready do that. I'm stock piling.

Aside from both Diablos and Tzitzi, Odo also is a good source because it gives Dash Extract and Nourishing Extract. I do send my Tailraiders when these monsters show up as well.

I have Argosy set to items, yes.

As for Melder, it's a bit expensive. The good points are with ticket type, I was a little bothered they removed Bushi tickets from Kulve. And I want to save that option for another Festival Event as I believe the cost is cut in half or the points are double for the other non ticket items, cant remember.

SilverHawke27
1 month ago#10
I know certain items are regular boosted points at the melder.

As for Bushi, Kulve still drops them. They are just not as common. I have a hundred or so of them I've built up since January.

I shudder at the stockpiling I'm going to have to get done on Skye. I'm in the middle of Shadow of the Tomb Raider right now, after which I may do some MH again for a while, before I jump to GR Wildlands or Conan Exiles.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What is the increase of Good Luck vs Great Luck set Bonus?
  • Topic Archived