• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Sigh... Now that all the new weapon buffs are out...

User Info: resevil67

resevil67
1 month ago#1
Idk just how I feel. First of all the longsword didn't need another goddamn buff. It looks like it got a counter it can use outside of a combo now...

Also cb also looks like one of the weapons which got a truely useful buff, we don't know for sure, but high tiers are getting buffed even more it looks like.

Alot of the lower tier weapons got nothing really. Look at my main, switch axe. We already know the clutch zsd thing will be useless. The only thing I am hopeful for is this new axemode move and the buff that apparently comes with it, but it's highly possible that it's going to stay as the worst weapon in the game...

Insect glaive also looks like it got kinda shafted as well, hammer and gs didn't really get any new moves, but the GS thing looks like it might be useful, being able to skip to tcs.

Idk.... Having not plated the previous games due to not being a person that has ever been interested in handheld systems, is this common for Capcom in handling rebalancing for this series?

User Info: TheGameconomist

TheGameconomist
1 month ago#2
Still time for capcom to reveal loads more information, dont worry about it sir!
Gamertag: Dorick, Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGameconomist

User Info: DukeLukewarm

DukeLukewarm
1 month ago#3
resevil67 posted...
Idk just how I feel. First of all the longsword didn't need another goddamn buff. It looks like it got a counter it can use outside of a combo now...

Also cb also looks like one of the weapons which got a truely useful buff, we don't know for sure, but high tiers are getting buffed even more it looks like.

Alot of the lower tier weapons got nothing really. Look at my main, switch axe. We already know the clutch zsd thing will be useless. The only thing I am hopeful for is this new axemode move and the buff that apparently comes with it, but it's highly possible that it's going to stay as the worst weapon in the game...

Insect glaive also looks like it got kinda shafted as well, hammer and gs didn't really get any new moves, but the GS thing looks like it might be useful, being able to skip to tcs.

Idk.... Having not plated the previous games due to not being a person that has ever been interested in handheld systems, is this common for Capcom in handling rebalancing for this series?

Yes, pretty much. Capcom is anything but fair when it comes to its treatment of weapons, and "buff the top tiers, f*** the low tiers" is their basic MO in fighting games. They've even admitted to making their games imbalanced on purpose to manufacture villain/underdog statuses in the FGC.

You either accept it and go with whatever they happen to favor at the moment, or you just go play something else.

User Info: Free_san

Free_san
1 month ago#4
No. In previous titles, moveset changes were typically not introduced at all.

I believe the primary exception to this rule is MHX/XX (or Generations/Generations Ultimate for localized title), where a new style was introduced. Perhaps. I didn't enjoy my time all that much on there, since it felt too easy compared to what 4U put me through.

Other than that, the most that did happen is, iirc at least, the motion values (damage) is balanced out a bit.

Consider this though: MH is a strictly PvE game meant for fun and good co-op. So what if a weapon doesn't need something/ does need something.

I do say switch axe really needed more than what they've shown thus far however. Compared to older versions of it, World's swaxe gains clunkiness in areas it didn't have it before in older titles.

As I use all weapons equally now, with my main bow being there if I really feel like murdering something, I'm kind of neutral on everything. I mostly look forward to SnS, DB, bowguns, and HH.
(message deleted)

Free_san
1 month ago#6
DukeLukewarm posted...
Free_san posted...
Consider this though: MH is a strictly PvE game meant for fun and good co-op. So what if a weapon doesn't need something/ does need something.

Go f*** yourself.

It upsets me too man, but that's how MH is as you said yourself. I'm well past the point of caring about it since it's never balanced properly.

DukeLukewarm
1 month ago#7
Free_san posted...
DukeLukewarm posted...
Free_san posted...

Go f*** yourself.

It upsets me too man, but that's how MH is as you said yourself. I'm well past the point of caring about it since it's never balanced properly.

There's a difference between resignation, and trying to write it off as something unneeded in this kind of game.

Free_san
1 month ago#8
DukeLukewarm posted...
Free_san posted...
DukeLukewarm posted...
Free_san posted...

Go f*** yourself.

There's a difference between resignation, and trying to write it off as something unneeded in this kind of game.

Right, and I'm suggesting accepting the fact that MH games have never been balanced well. What I wrote clearly didn't convey that properly, and I'm not sure how to actually do so without typing out all the specifics and history with it.

Just saying something to make the enjoyment of the game more possible, since it sounds like OP is going to buy anyway, and is setting themselves up for disappointment.

Not saying balance is not needed too, just that the MH team doesn't care beyond a certain point.

While I wasn't there to actually see for myself, I recall a slicing nerf not too long after MHWorld's release on console. That's about the extent I can see the MH team caring about balance, since that's... about all they've actually done in a main title. I don't know anything about MHFrontier and whatnot.

DukeLukewarm
1 month ago#9
Free_san posted...
DukeLukewarm posted...
Free_san posted...
DukeLukewarm posted...
Free_san posted...

Go f*** yourself.

Right, and I'm suggesting accepting the fact that MH games have never been balanced well. What I wrote clearly didn't convey that properly, and I'm not sure how to actually do so without typing out all the specifics and history with it.

Just saying something to make the enjoyment of the game more possible, since it sounds like OP is going to buy anyway, and is setting themselves up for disappointment.

Not saying balance is not needed too, just that the MH team doesn't care beyond a certain point.

While I wasn't there to actually see for myself, I recall a slicing nerf not too long after MHWorld's release on console. That's about the extent I can see the MH team caring about balance, since that's... about all they've actually done in a main title. I don't know anything about MHFrontier and whatnot.

They've done balance changes before, between regular and G versions. They just usually weren't very good. The changes in the Deviljho update for World were probably the best job they've done so far as the changes were almost universally positive, but then World at launch before that update was in a pretty pathetic state.

We'll probably be able to tell more clearly by E3, anyway. That's when people are going to get their hands on the game for the first time, and we'll see any unannounced under-the-hood changes.

User Info: resevil67

resevil67
1 month ago#10
That's true. I will definitely be buying iceborne. I still like the game of mhw as a whole, but the changes make me think wtf. Capcom can't be this blind and has to be just trolling at this point especially with fan reactions.

Here's a perfect example. For the whole game I've only really dabbed in 3 weapons. Switch axe my main, co main greatsword with alittle bit of gunlance because I just absolutely love the idea of gunlance. In design i find it to be the most awesome, while I find the switchaxe to be the one I'm the best with.

But recently I've decided to finally try all weapon types I've never touched. I've tried stuff like cb and sns and stuff, but I had not tried longsword and dual blades in an actual fight. I made a good set and went to fight and instantly realized how unbalanced the game is. For example after 2 runs with the dual blades I was already getting times around my switch axe play best times, and have now passed them with these weapons, all the while having better dodge options.

The longswords counter room is insane, and gives you an attack buff with it. While I'm not as fast with it I feel rediculously safe. That counter window on foresight is massively huge.

Switch axe literally you have to be super on point with your dodges if not running e window, for less return then the above weapons. I always knew there were balancing issues, but I didn't realise how glaring they were until trying some of these other DPS weapons comparing with the switch axe.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Sigh... Now that all the new weapon buffs are out...
  • Topic Archived