• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Iceborne Weapon Changes Look Terrible

User Info: LonelyGaruga

LonelyGaruga
1 month ago#141
The primary use of Wystones were to buff your damage (20% with Power, 16% with Drive) and temporarily disable Frenzied/Apex on monsters. Apex monsters reduced damage on their designated bounce zones by 80% and were immune to flinches on those hitzones, so using Drive to negate bouncing wasn't actually very useful.

There was also a Wystone that allowed elemental damage/status accumulation to work, as Apex monsters were ordinarily immune.

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
1 month ago#142
Oh right, I heard that those zones could also cover weak points. Sounds like removing bouncing would be good only when a monster had very few soft zones, and/or your weapon wasn’t very precise for hitting soft zones.

Do wystones stack? If not, the element/status wystone sounds very situational. Well, it already would be, depending on your weapon, but if they don’t stack, it exacerbates that issue a little.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: LonelyGaruga

LonelyGaruga
1 month ago#143
Although the bounce zones Apex monsters had did occasionally apply to weak points, it was pointless to use the Drive Wystone for the purpose of attacking those hitzones, because all attacks to those bounce zones experience an 80% damage reduction, regardless of whether Drive was used or not. Diablos' stomach was one of these cases. At a 68 cutting hitzone, the 80% damage reduction puts it at equivalent to a 13 hitzone.

Wystones stack.

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
1 month ago#144
I figured that’s why drive wasn’t great, whether apex state actually changed the hitzone (relevant to weakness exploit) or calculated damage after the fact, 80% damage lost is massive. Weakness exploit surely wouldn’t compensate for that level of defense.

But it’s good to know elements and status aren’t completely screwed over.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Iceborne Weapon Changes Look Terrible
  • Topic Archived