• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Future MH: New Weapon Category

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
1 month ago#1
So, who has ideas for some new weapon type to be added in for a future title in the series.

Had a thought just now about a Hornbow weapon. That functioned like a switchaxe, but acted like a gunner weapon in terms of benefit:

Bow Mode: Lacks the use of coatings. Fires 1-3 arrows depending on the attack. Can benefit from the same decos as a bow would.
Horn Mode: The weapon turns into a horn capable of playing specific notes. Shares some songs with the Hunting Horn, but also has several new notes that the HH wouldn't have access to, allowing a few extra songs. However you couldn't pull off an Encore, while you could stack up to two songs worth of songs in the song bank.

Essentially designed as a variable-range weapon. You can get in close to smack with Horn mode and use that to buff yourself or nearby team, then back out to Bow mode to go on a more offensive tack. I removed coatings to keep the regular bow somewhat more unique in it's own right.

Anyways, I think the gameplay could certainly be unique for it. It might not be in the top tier of weapons the way some others are. But it'd definitely be an interesting playstyle.

@silverbullet474 / @Symphoenixa (because you guys seem to like HH.)
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye." ~~ PSN: CrysisZephyr
~~~No Damage Kulve~~~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgTQtBM-lsU

User Info: Apalachicola

Apalachicola
1 month ago#2
Whips /chain blades.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
1 month ago#3
I like dauntless’ rocket hammer. I just wish mh devs worked on it, because it’s janky in a janky game.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

SilverHawke27
1 month ago#4
I could go in for dual wielding whips, no doubt about that.

Seems easy to think of moves involving a mount where you use one whip as a form of reins to drive a monster into walls and the like, similar to some of the new Clutch mechanics.

Only problem I could see with whips is the designs. Making them unique enough to have a variety of looks.

Seems like the two trees wouldn't be Ore/Bone as with most weapons. You could replace Bone with Hide, utilizing the hide/scales of monsters for making it. And the Ore one could remain for chain-based whip designs.

Metal spikes, pieces of monster horn as the tips, jagged edges along the whip itself on certain ones.

Could work in very well. Give it a faster attack speed over Dual Blades, but a slightly lower damage output.

User Info: nuke2099

nuke2099
1 month ago#5
Button_Masher_Z posted...
I like dauntless’ rocket hammer. I just wish mh devs worked on it, because it’s janky in a janky game.

Gunhammers existed in MH first. :P
Gamertag: Nuke2099

User Info: Apalachicola

Apalachicola
1 month ago#6
Indeed. I’d also like to rip off monster parts with whips when they go airborne. What’s that Pukei Pukei? Going somewhere? GET OVER HERE.

*whips around beast tail and drags it to the ground*
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
1 month ago#7
nuke2099 posted...
Button_Masher_Z posted...

Gunhammers existed in MH first. :P

Different from gunlance? Or are you referring to how gunlance is kind of a bastardized weapon?

Oh, I see... just a hammer with a gun design.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: BrekkaMoroboshi

BrekkaMoroboshi
1 month ago#8
A giant Shuriken or Chakram? I would use that as my 2nd main. Projectile use and close range attacks.

Meh, nevermind. Just finished up playing Kunoichi on BDO...lolz

Well, hell..someone had posted the Chakram idea on reddit...hm.

User Info: Ragemore

Ragemore
1 month ago#9
Apalachicola posted...
Whips /chain blades.

Die monster! You don't belong in this world!
I love my wife & my daughters, decide to stop playing games before age 30.
Like: single player games/Hate: anime & fighting games (fandom & retired)

SilverHawke27
1 month ago#10
Chakrams could be easy enough. They work for SSX in Dynasty Warriors.

A giant version would seemingly play like the one girl in Soul Calibur has. Could just envision pulling off the Heavenly Blade Dance using that. Or a move where you have the giant hoop upright, and swing through feet first to launch your feet into the monster.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Future MH: New Weapon Category
  • Topic Archived