• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. List of all good AT Kulve Taroth weapons

User Info: unknown_VS

unknown_VS
2 months ago#71
Gabe1 posted...
If your element is locked as it is since you have a jewel equiped and your affinity is low on the weapon...that build is not ideal

Yeah. EXCEPT THEY SAY IT'S THE BEST.

META

100% Affinity! (it only has 50 tho lol)

Oh and the kicker : it's impossible to survive Supernova with this...

with my build 70% chance of survival
J-Pop

User Info: KilluaTuner

KilluaTuner
2 months ago#72
Damn Symph, u got a topic sticky. Good job!

User Info: Symphoenixa

Symphoenixa
2 months ago#73
@unknown_VS posted...
Gabe1 posted...
If your element is locked as it is since you have a jewel equiped and your affinity is low on the weapon...that build is not ideal

Yeah. EXCEPT THEY SAY IT'S THE BEST.

META

100% Affinity! (it only has 50 tho lol)

Oh and the kicker : it's impossible to survive Supernova with this...

with my build 70% chance of survival

I guess both of you just don't know it ...

If you have 50 % affinity listed and have Weakness Exploit +3 as well, then it counts technically as 100 %. The reason behind this is simple: you want to hit weakspots (so hitzones with a value of 45 or higher) everytime and Weakness Exploit gives you a benefit for that as well (+50 % affinity). So you have 100 % affinity everytime as long as you hit weakspots.
And you don't want to use the element on the weapon either, so don't expect to get any usage from "Critical Element", which isnÄt even existing on this set (for that you need two Rathalos/Azure armor gear parts). And of course "Elemental Airborne" isn't active, because you don't using it - it wouldn't even matter on this set. Additionally, the affinity isn't even needed for that: it's for more power in general and more importantly for to maintain your sharpness level on white if you weakspots.

And you shouldn't get a Supernova attack from Teostra in the first place. And even in Lunastra's case, if you see a Supernova coming, just run away. Health Boost +3 helps you to survive it easier and if you can't guarantee a flinch, then don't attack her during her Supernova.

I thought all of this would be obvious ... U_U'

And I never said my build is "meta": your build is just a variant of my own build. My version could be one of the meta builds, but that's just a coincidence then.
Coincidentally most of my builds are meta builds most of the time, however I create my sets on my own all the time without focusing on meta sets. And if I watch a speedrunning video or something similar, then I see "my builds" very often, assuming they're the meta.

@KilluaTuner posted...
Damn Symph, u got a topic sticky. Good job!

Well, thanks. However, if I could, then I would rework some of the parts here.
Nevertheless, if you can contribute something good for the community which isn't outdated and more than just a "little thing", then it should get a sticky. Unfortunately some of the sticky threads here are pretty much outdated ... and this thread will be outdated as well at some point. And if it isn't needed in the future, then I'll contact the mods to remove it.
Rising like a Phoenix, raging like a Cucco!
(Not a native english speaker, so feel free to correct me in a construcive way. I'm very much thankful for that!)
(edited 2 months ago)

unknown_VS
2 months ago#74
@Symphoenixa
Ok, alright, thanks again for the explanation!

And honestly, I was thinking that... 50% and then you have critical eye, etc, it "could" mean it's actually 100% when actually hitting the monster...

BUT, a lot of people don't seem to know that tbh, I asked in game, "why do I only have 50%?" And the answer was "No, you need 100%"

So people basically lying (and so does the game) because it's unlikely they themselves have "100%"

As for the Supernova, that's what I'm doing, but it's hard, like 80% I get it, but I still get caught out sometimes... :/

I played it solo yesterday, it's really a bit easier than multi, but I still carted a third time during the last phase lol, it's really a bit bs, I was pretty far away, got stun locked (like why), the end. >.<

Oh and well, what did you mean with critical element, there doesn't seem to be a skill with that name...?

And lastly, I have *critical boost* +2, how can I get it to +3, what's the name of the jewel I need? I can't find anything... ¤.¤

PS: I see I have critical boost +3 in the build above, but I can't seem to get that anymore is it "tenderizer" jewel, or what? *confused*
J-Pop
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: tokerblue

tokerblue
2 months ago#75
unknown_VS posted...

And honestly, I was thinking that... 50% and then you have critical eye, etc, it "could" mean it's actually 100% when actually hitting the monster...

BUT, a lot of people don't seem to know that tbh, I asked in game, "why do I only have 50%?" And the answer was "No, you need 100%"

So people basically lying (and so does the game) because it's unlikely they themselves have "100%"

The people who don't understand Weakness Exploit are most likely the minority, especially since it's right in the skill description.

unknown_VS posted...
Oh and well, what did you mean with critical element, there doesn't seem to be a skill with that name...?

Critical Element can be obtained in two ways in MHW. It's a 2 piece set bonus for Rath armor or it's a weapon bonus that can be found on certain Kjarr weapons (like DB and Bow).

unknown_VS posted...

And lastly, I have *critical boost* +2, how can I get it to +3, what's the name of the jewel I need? I can't find anything... ¤.¤

PS: I see I have critical boost +3 in the build above, but I can't seem to get that anymore is it "tenderizer" jewel, or what? *confused*

It's Tenderizer.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
- Robert A. Heinlein
(edited 2 months ago)
(message deleted)

User Info: blslayer

blslayer
2 months ago#77
Turteyz posted...
Symphoenixa posted...
IG:
- Taroth Glaive "Paralysis" / Kjárr Glaive "Paralysis" (good paralysis for general and supporting uses)
- Maybe the Kjárr Glaive "Spark" too for lightning weak monsters ... (didn't test it yet)

Gunna disagree with Taroth Glaive Paralysis. Needing free element is way too much of an investment to make it worthwhile. Kjarr Glaive Paralysis is certainly worth it because it has ridiculously high raw for the para that it offers.

Kjarr Spark is not worth using at all outside of ATKT. No monster has a high enough Thunder weakness to justify Spark over a raw/blast variant.

Kjarr Ice is worth it for Diablos but you may find more use with Kjarr Glaive Para because Diablos likes to move around a ton. It can also be used against Luna fairly well.

Kjarr Fire is worth it for Kirin and to some degree Vaal Hazak.

Both KT Water glaives are worth it for Teo. Kjarr water is the better version but Taroth Water is still better than all the other glaive options since Teo's face has a ridiculous water weakness.

Decay is debatable. Worth keeping as an alternative to TGB.

Blast is just awful. Don't waste your time since Luna-Nerg and Luna-Xeno do it better.

As for all the other Taroth weapons, none are really worth it over their Kjarr variant and certainly not worth it over Luna weapons (again the exception being water).

Except kjarr para (sad music) I have it all. I think krajj ice is an awesome weapon. Slays luna's wings and ATKT's exposed head like butter. Works well on teo's head to. Most used KT weapon on my list.

And using krajj crusher(blast) is like a having a fireworks on your hand. But empires styx more reliable.
3ds Fc: 5472-7414-7472 (ichise)
Psn nickname: lchise (LCHISE with lower case)

unknown_VS
2 months ago#78
Crazy I have most of these weapons in the OP...
Especially the SnS I think every single one haha. (which is a shame because those + daggers are my least favorite weapons)

(however, Kjarr sword decay is missing...)

I just wanted to say, Kjarr Blitz Ice might be the best weapon in the game and I don't see it...

Lots of people using it btw and it saved my ass countless times - sadly I don't have it, I only have magma, and glutton, and basically what's in the OP lol... >.<
J-Pop
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: FenrirsBlade

FenrirsBlade
1 month ago#79
Short questions here....

Why are the Kjarr SnS not included? SnS does well with element so wouldn't Kjarr be a natural choice for that weapon? Or is there something wrong with them`?

unknown_VS
1 month ago#80
KT weapon question: (since some r7 weapons seem to be good too)

Glutton gold cutter
Taroth buster water
Taroth pipe rage
Taroth crest claw
Kjarr hammer water
Taroth glaive paralysis
Taroth glaive horn
Taroth slicer king
Taroth assault blast
Taroth crest spew
Crusher gold cannon
Stream gold exploder

Which to keep?

Anything good...? (I feel like kelly bundy doing this lol)
J-Pop
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. List of all good AT Kulve Taroth weapons
  • Post New Message