• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. List of all good AT Kulve Taroth weapons

User Info: unknown_VS

unknown_VS
2 months ago#61
@Symphoenixa Thanks! OK I see. Well, I'll try to make this build, I doubt I'll have all necessary gems, but I should have most.

And nah, you don't need to do these calculations for me, I just care about having a good g or pretty good set, it doesn't have to be "the best" ! :)

Also what should I augment tho, if I ever get these hero stones.. ?
J-Pop

User Info: Symphoenixa

Symphoenixa
2 months ago#62
@unknown_VS posted...
Also what should I augment tho, if I ever get these hero stones.. ?

The set is designed for 100 % affinity without any augmentation, so use I use a health augment. That way you don't have to worry about chip damage etc. and you can maintain Peak Perfomance much better.
Rising like a Phoenix, raging like a Cucco!
(Not a native english speaker, so feel free to correct me in a construcive way. I'm very much thankful for that!)
(edited 2 months ago)

unknown_VS
2 months ago#63
^I see, thanks again!

Health regen is what I would have chosen, but wasn't sure that build needs something specifically. :)
J-Pop

unknown_VS
2 months ago#64
Ok I got the Drachen bikini, err, pantie... I mean Drachen. I get it now, this isn't the Lunastra mail (I'm missing a gem for that) but I think this is quite OK and finally the weapon feels good too! ! I used a non elemental attack deco for it, since its element is locked (and apparently unnecessary)

https://imgtc.ws/UrJOV8u

^I don't even have an attack deco equipped

Thanks again @Symphoenixa

I'll try out the Lunastra mail b next :o
J-Pop
(edited 2 months ago)

unknown_VS
2 months ago#65
@Symphoenixa OK well, I don't know how I can get to those stats, what am I missing?

And what's WE or MM charm? Maximum might maybe and... 'WE'...?

This is what I got, I'm fighting I mean hunting Lunastra so I'd still like to have some protection.

https://i.imgtc.ws/ilumMP9.jpg

https://i.imgtc.ws/iKiVAh4.jpg

(sorry phone pics lol)
J-Pop

Symphoenixa
2 months ago#66
@unknown_VS posted...

WE = Weakness Exploit
MM = Maximum Might

And if you're hunting Lunastra, then you should use Health Boost +3 (HB +3) and not just +2 and one Divine Blessing level. The last one isn't even a good thing against her, because here Supernova heat aura ignores Divine Blessing. See it as a continiously and decrease of your health, which isn't based on a fix percentage of losing health but on a fixed decimal decrease for every moment. So HB +3 helps a lot more than your variant.
Additionally, Divine Blessing is a skill which is based on luck, where HB is guaranteed buff for any attack and situation.

About your set:
- Remove fire resistance. It's almost completely pointless and just does help on a veeeery small level, so not reliable. Use an attack up jewel instead.
- Use the WE +2 charm instead of the Attack Up +3 charm. Now should have Attack Up +4 and WE +2.
- You can't use Peak Perfomance without losing affinity if you want to use HB +3 as well. So swap one Peak Perfomance for WE +1. Now should have WE +3, which gives you +50 % affinity for every weak hitzone (hitzone value of 45 and above). This isn't good for Lunastra, because her only hitzones which will trigger WE are her wings. But I'm not focusing on Lunastra alone when I'm helping with this build: it's a general LS set. If you want to have a good set against her, then focus on the Kjárr Ice CB if you have it.
However, if you truly want to use LS against Lunastra, then swap WE with Peak Performance completely (or change the complete set, however this is a complete another case ...). That would mean that you have to use Peak Perfomance + 2 charm instead and use one Peak Perfomance jewel (medium slot).
- Now you can use one attack up jewel to get +5 or if you truly want Divine Blessing in, then use on level of that.
(Not a native english speaker, so feel free to correct me in a construcive way. I'm very much thankful for that!)

unknown_VS
2 months ago#67
Symphoenixa posted...
@unknown_VS posted...

WE = Weakness Exploit
MM = Maximum Might

And if you're hunting Lunastra, then you should use Health Boost +3 (HB +3) and not just +2 and one Divine Blessing level. The last one isn't even a good thing against her, because here Supernova heat aura ignores Divine Blessing. See it as a continiously and decrease of your health, which isn't based on a fix percentage of losing health but on a fixed decimal decrease for every moment. So HB +3 helps a lot more than your variant.
Additionally, Divine Blessing is a skill which is based on luck, where HB is guaranteed buff for any attack and situation.

About your set:
- Remove fire resistance. It's almost completely pointless and just does help on a veeeery small level, so not reliable. Use an attack up jewel instead.
- Use the WE +2 charm instead of the Attack Up +3 charm. Now should have Attack Up +4 and WE +2.
- You can't use Peak Perfomance without losing affinity if you want to use HB +3 as well. So swap one Peak Perfomance for WE +1. Now should have WE +3, which gives you +50 % affinity for every weak hitzone (hitzone value of 45 and above). This isn't good for Lunastra, because her only hitzones which will trigger WE are her wings. But I'm not focusing on Lunastra alone when I'm helping with this build: it's a general LS set. If you want to have a good set against her, then focus on the Kjárr Ice CB if you have it.
However, if you truly want to use LS against Lunastra, then swap WE with Peak Performance completely (or change the complete set, however this is a complete another case ...). That would mean that you have to use Peak Perfomance + 2 charm instead and use one Peak Perfomance jewel (medium slot).
- Now you can use one attack up jewel to get +5 or if you truly want Divine Blessing in, then use on level of that.

Huh, ok thanks. Well yep I'm trying to get a good set for general use of course, I was just trying to put some stuff that helps against Lunastra, while still doing some damage, but yes - generally longsword is terrible against her.
And yeah, I already figured fire res doesn't really do much...

So um, this is a little bit confusing (do I need MM now or not for example?)

Could you please just list the stats I should have again?

I mean I might not have all jewels ( have only 2 attack for example) but I can try to get as close as possible. :o
J-Pop
(edited 2 months ago)

Symphoenixa
2 months ago#68
@unknown_VS posted...
So um, this is a little bit confusing (do I need MM now or not for example?)

Of course you need it, because you want to have 100 % affinity to maintain your sharpness through Master's Touch.

unknown_VS posted...
Could just list the stats I should have again?

I listed it in one of my earlier posts.
- 825 listed raw (250 true raw) without Peak Perfomance (PP) and 891 listed raw (270 true raw) with Peak Perfomance active. This is calculated with +5 attack up boosts, so if you just use +4, then you should have -3 true raw on both variants. (Without PP: 247 | With PP: 267 --> multiply both with 3.3 to get the listed raw for each version.)
- 100 % affinity and a critical factor of 1.4
- White sharpness

unknown_VS posted...
I mean I might not have all jewels ( have only 2 attack for example) but I can try to get as close as possible. :o

Should be enough. Drachen armor is overpowered, so you don't need that much of jewels.
(edited 2 months ago)

unknown_VS
2 months ago#69
Symphoenixa posted...
listed it in one of my earlier posts.

I know, that's why I asked tho, it doesn't work like you said (seemingly) I also don't have a "critical element" available (that's the most confusing part tbh)

Even if I were to put another Critical Eye instead of Health Boost I would still never get to 100% affinity - am at exactly 50% right now.

https://i.imgtc.ws/QaPxXej.jpg
J-Pop
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Gabe1

Gabe1
2 months ago#70
If your element is locked as it is since you have a jewel equiped and your affinity is low on the weapon...that build is not ideal
(edited 2 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. List of all good AT Kulve Taroth weapons
  • Post New Message