• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. List of all good AT Kulve Taroth weapons

User Info: silverbullet474

silverbullet474
3 months ago#41
Igueseous posted...
Its crit status and the fact that you run razor sharp while saying f*** damage that let's you get at least 2 of each off. Without either you wont get more than 1 per hunt.

I feel like if anything, it's just slightly more coating efficient. The few times I've played Bow, I've been able to get 2 statuses off without either depending on the monster and me landing every shot. Bow isn't exactly meant for status anyway as is, more just straight DPS (which can pin a monster on its own) and weirdly good KO potential.
PSN: KPlaysHere
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/silverbullet4747

User Info: nuke2099

nuke2099
3 months ago#42
Not sure if you saw it before or just ignored it but....

https://imgur.com/a/UFbuzJW According to this Royal Burst is the best Normal gunlance with Nerg Y unless the target is immune to poison.

Here's a list of everything considered meta (not specific to Kulve weapon): https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunterWorld/comments/blbmjc/pcconsole_the_ultimate_meta_build_compilation/
Gamertag: Nuke2099

User Info: Igueseous

Igueseous
3 months ago#43
silverbullet474 posted...
Igueseous posted...
Its crit status and the fact that you run razor sharp while saying f*** damage that let's you get at least 2 of each off. Without either you wont get more than 1 per hunt.

I feel like if anything, it's just slightly more coating efficient. The few times I've played Bow, I've been able to get 2 statuses off without either depending on the monster and me landing every shot. Bow isn't exactly meant for status anyway as is, more just straight DPS (which can pin a monster on its own) and weirdly good KO potential.

If you're talking solo then yeah 2 procs is normal. But in multi getting 2 a hunt is a chore if you're the only one using that status. And I said at least 2, a lot of the time it was 3 per. In multiplayer scaling. Without combines.

And obviously the damage isn't great. I think on most of the monsters it was like 25-30 damage.

User Info: Symphoenixa

Symphoenixa
3 months ago#44
Wow, okay ... where I have to start now.

At first, this thread was just a quick guide to give new hunters a list for all the good AT Kulve Taroth weapons. Especially because we had many new hunters here suddenly, so I thought it would be a good thing for them to know what weapons they should aim/keep until Iceborne.

It was only natural that some things are going wrong that way, but some of my suggestioned weapons aren't bad or something just because Kjárr weapons could (potentially) outclass them. However, that doesn't mean that any of the suggestions here are wrong and it would be even in my interest to change some parts of my initial posts in regards to some message from here - sadly, I can't do that anymore.

Free_san posted...
Still needs work I'd say, but seems to list the most important ones. Too many "maybes" to be a list of all "good" things. Writing consistency is also off. Definitely wait on sticky until everything's spruced up.

Yeah, I see what you meant. Many of these weapons, which aren't the "meta" or something, got it in here because of couple of my testings. They aren't bad or anything and they could fill the spot if you aren't lucky to get the "best" weapon/s in that regard. And I didn't just want to focus only on raw power or something - at least not entirely.

Sometimes I had even a problem how to determine a good weapon entirely and I already mentioned it in some cases, for example HH, LBG and Bow. They're just too many factors to get the "best" or even a good thing out of it and really depends on the overall skill level of the player (and not only of the decorations).
I definitely would say I got the most of them correct and wanted to add some things which aren't focused (enough) from me, but before I even createtd it I thought it wouldn't be an absolute satisfying "guide" for everyone if we consider "only the best" or if we even just try to fix some little weapon differences (some of them are a little bit too big, that's why I want to fix them).

Maybe I should have tried to set it up as a FAQ or something ... that way I could have add some of the more details why some the weapons are good (in comparison to other options) or why some of them good alternatives.
Well, I can't change that anymore, but maybe this thread can and will help some people to get the right ideas, especially the new ones which were my focus.

@nuke2099
I saw your thread earlier and it is a great one (sorry, forgot to post something to it). I would say this thread is even the better alternative in comparison to my little "guide" here, because all of the "good" weapons are there listed as well, even including the non-KT weapons. If I did see it earler, then I didn't try to set up such a list --> I mean, you can see many of the issues here, which is a little bit frustrating for me.
My only problem with this is the speedrunning factor, because not all weapons are just good because those are used for speedrunning purposes. Most of them are just for the most power possible or even for specific monsters, but we have other options/"styles" too.

Nevertheless, a great thread, so thank you for that. I would say the the new players should look at that if they want a good suggestion for the "best" or just "good" weapons - the latter case was my initial intention for this thread, so the new players have more options. And who knows? I would even say they could get the right ideas and learn from it, what a "good" or even the "best" weapon of a certain weapon class is? That would be the best output of the communities work! ^^
Rising like a Phoenix, raging like a Cucco!
(Not a native english speaker, so feel free to correct me in a construcive way. I'm very much thankful for that!)
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
3 months ago#45
If we really want to get situationally specific, kjarr sword "spark" is the best LS for coat breaking KT

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
3 months ago#46
Tag.
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-

User Info: puffyfish

puffyfish
3 months ago#47
just keep one of everything? no need to worry about missing something important.

User Info: Illnesssss

Illnesssss
3 months ago#48
Ive done countless KT runs and all I have to show for it is 3 Kjarr Water DBs, a Taroth Poison, and a bunch of weapons I will probably never use.

I just wanted a Kjarr Fire DB...
Blade: "Some mother****** is always tryin' to ice skate uphill." PSN JSlither Pawn Ivellia

User Info: SoopaMan2K

SoopaMan2K
3 months ago#49
This is a good list, but I have noticed that I kept most Taroth versions and kept a few Kjarr.
PSN, XBLGT, NNID: SoopaMan2K

User Info: Gabe1

Gabe1
3 months ago#50
I'm very disapointed with the KT boss...is not enough that is the weakest and hardest to build up stats for weapon in the game...they just handicap even the endgame offerings Booooo!!
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. List of all good AT Kulve Taroth weapons
  • Post New Message