• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. List of all good AT Kulve Taroth weapons

User Info: Free_san

Free_san
3 months ago#31
Igueseous posted...
Kjarr blast is actually quite good. I was messing around in sos with it and got at least 2 procs per status with spare shot and +3 for sleep/para(I think?) and you get the OP ko potential bow has. Idk how effective sleep/para attract up is, haven't tested enough, but the only other skills you need are weakness ex and crit eye. Maybe I only had one +3 stats. Point is, it's good status.

A run of 8* kirin with blast bow took 4'35. Started with apothecary mantle and blast coatings, then used close range coating after.

A run of same kirin with anja arch took 3'04. This is a set with no crit element and no coating whatsoever.

Each run had kirin spawn at the same point on the map, top of the mountain. I waited for kirin to hop down to area 12 before starting fighting (I was slow on prepping with blast bow, so decided to wait. Conditions on anja arch run were similar, so I decided to be fair with it.)

It's really no comparison at all. Even considering kirin does take a lot of fire damage, the point is the damage difference is too vast to ignore.

More damage on most monsters equates to a topple anyway, which gives status-like effects while maintaining more damage.

Blast bow is just not good. Fun I'll give you and anyone else that. But I wouldn't even call it decent, since what you lose in damage does not make up for it with status and whatnot.

User Info: MegalaserLAWS

MegalaserLAWS
3 months ago#32
Kjarr daggers magma have potential for what? They are REALLY bad. Magda undulae 2 are better aren't they?

User Info: Turteyz

Turteyz
3 months ago#33
Symphoenixa posted...
IG:
- Taroth Glaive "Paralysis" / Kjárr Glaive "Paralysis" (good paralysis for general and supporting uses)
- Maybe the Kjárr Glaive "Spark" too for lightning weak monsters ... (didn't test it yet)

Gunna disagree with Taroth Glaive Paralysis. Needing free element is way too much of an investment to make it worthwhile. Kjarr Glaive Paralysis is certainly worth it because it has ridiculously high raw for the para that it offers.

Kjarr Spark is not worth using at all outside of ATKT. No monster has a high enough Thunder weakness to justify Spark over a raw/blast variant.

Kjarr Ice is worth it for Diablos but you may find more use with Kjarr Glaive Para because Diablos likes to move around a ton. It can also be used against Luna fairly well.

Kjarr Fire is worth it for Kirin and to some degree Vaal Hazak.

Both KT Water glaives are worth it for Teo. Kjarr water is the better version but Taroth Water is still better than all the other glaive options since Teo's face has a ridiculous water weakness.

Decay is debatable. Worth keeping as an alternative to TGB.

Blast is just awful. Don't waste your time since Luna-Nerg and Luna-Xeno do it better.

As for all the other Taroth weapons, none are really worth it over their Kjarr variant and certainly not worth it over Luna weapons (again the exception being water).

User Info: Igueseous

Igueseous
3 months ago#34
Free_san posted...
Igueseous posted...
Kjarr blast is actually quite good. I was messing around in sos with it and got at least 2 procs per status with spare shot and +3 for sleep/para(I think?) and you get the OP ko potential bow has. Idk how effective sleep/para attract up is, haven't tested enough, but the only other skills you need are weakness ex and crit eye. Maybe I only had one +3 stats. Point is, it's good status.

A run of 8* kirin with blast bow took 4'35. Started with apothecary mantle and blast coatings, then used close range coating after.

A run of same kirin with anja arch took 3'04. This is a set with no crit element and no coating whatsoever.

Each run had kirin spawn at the same point on the map, top of the mountain. I waited for kirin to hop down to area 12 before starting fighting (I was slow on prepping with blast bow, so decided to wait. Conditions on anja arch run were similar, so I decided to be fair with it.)

It's really no comparison at all. Even considering kirin does take a lot of fire damage, the point is the damage difference is too vast to ignore.

More damage on most monsters equates to a topple anyway, which gives status-like effects while maintaining more damage.

Blast bow is just not good. Fun I'll give you and anyone else that. But I wouldn't even call it decent, since what you lose in damage does not make up for it with status and whatnot.

I mean.... duh? Obviously you dont keep it for damage. It's just a static machine for multi

User Info: silverbullet474

silverbullet474
3 months ago#35
Igueseous posted...
I mean.... duh? Obviously you dont keep it for damage. It's just a static machine for multi

Isn't there already some meta elemental Bow that can run sleep/para already though? Can't remember which, but a lot of people were using it to pin down stage 4 KT in multi. Lockdown would be the only reason you'd hypothetically use that Bow (poison sucks and element+power coats is always gonna out damage blast procs+close range), so if it's not totally unique in its specialty you'd probably just be better off running elemental options that can do the same thing.

Turteyz posted...
Kjarr Glaive Paralysis is certainly worth it because it has ridiculously high raw for the para that it offers.

Kjarr Para actually baffles me. It's usually the case with para weapons that you trade high status for just average or below damage stats...but then we get this thing with 200 raw, natural white, 10% affinity, AND decent status potential. Maaaajor exception to the rule. It could practically be IG's BiS raw weapon if there weren't other glaives just as strong or slightly stronger, but just the fact that it's that competitive on top of having lockdown utility on top is kinda crazy. It's rare to see non blast status melee weapons make it into the top 5 for their classes. wish HH got the same treatment, but our Kjarr Para is just the crappy Vespoid HH 3.0
PSN: KPlaysHere
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/silverbullet4747
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Igueseous

Igueseous
3 months ago#36
Its crit status and the fact that you run razor sharp while saying f*** damage that let's you get at least 2 of each off. Without either you wont get more than 1 per hunt.

User Info: UndyingStick

UndyingStick
3 months ago#37
Turteyz posted...
As for all the other Taroth weapons, none are really worth it over their Kjarr variant and certainly not worth it over Luna weapons (again the exception being water).

This is simply not true. Bows have their Taroth variants that are better than Kjarr and the rest.
Lance has a BiS taroth weapon. There’s glutton, cb horn, ...

Luna weapons themselves aren’t that great anyway besides utility now.

Turteyz
3 months ago#38
UndyingStick posted...
Turteyz posted...

This is simply not true. Bows have their Taroth variants that are better than Kjarr and the rest.

I was speaking specifically for IG.

Also on the note about Luna weapons, specifically for IG, it has 2 of the top DPS sets now. An agitator build for Luna-Nerg and a Razor Sharp Non-Drachen build for Styx.
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: UndyingStick

UndyingStick
3 months ago#39
Turteyz posted...
UndyingStick posted...
Turteyz posted...

Makes more sense now.

Turteyz
3 months ago#40
UndyingStick posted...
Turteyz posted...

Makes more sense now.

Yea, I was too lazy to type Glaive everywhere. Shoulda specified earlier though but can't edit it now.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. List of all good AT Kulve Taroth weapons
  • Post New Message