• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. List of all good AT Kulve Taroth weapons

User Info: TrueArchery

TrueArchery
3 months ago#21
Yeah this should just not get stickied. Compiling a list just to discuss it is a poor way to handle a sticky. A sticky should be the final result, not the "working area".

Besides, it's more of a FAQ thing anyway.

Also, why on earth would you use the Kjarr Magma HBG, it's completely redundant.

User Info: MegalaserLAWS

MegalaserLAWS
3 months ago#22
For LS you need to add kjarr sword magma and kjarr sword fire.

User Info: silverbullet474

silverbullet474
3 months ago#23
Symphoenixa posted...
Thank you for mentioning this, but I just wanted to set up a list with some good HHs in that regard, even if I know that Taroth Pipe "Sleep" can replaced by some other HHs. It's just a good HH which is worth to mention here, so the Paralysis HHs as well.
(Additional note: I did this with GS, but seriously ... the difference between WI and some other "good" GS from AT KaTie is just too huge in my opinion, especially if they have elemental values.)

However, I did mention the Kjárr Paralysis variant (right next to the Taroth Paralysis version), but not the Crusher. The latter is good as you say and I would add it to the list with an appropiate commentar (seriously, it got under my radar, so thank you for that), but I can't edit it anymore. ^^'

Oh, Sleep is great--more or less ties for 1st place with Vero and has the highest potential raw in the weapon class--I was mainly just saying that the list of good KT Horns kinda starts and ends there. A small handful immediately drop off from Sleep's 'amazing' to ' just alright in niche scenarios', and everything that doesn't fall into those categories is only good for the zenny you'll be selling them for.

The main problem was the songs Calvin gave out. A few KT Horns actually have some pretty decent stats (specifically the Kjarr variants), but with HH you either have AuL/XL or you're 15/20% behind in power right off the bat. Barely any KT Horns got note combos with either song, so most of them were crippled before they even had a chance.
PSN: KPlaysHere
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/silverbullet4747
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
3 months ago#24
Put a sticky request in as well.

Nice job Symph. :)
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye." ~~ PSN: CrysisZephyr
~~~No Damage Kulve~~~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgTQtBM-lsU

User Info: Free_san

Free_san
3 months ago#25
Still needs work I'd say, but seems to list the most important ones. Too many "maybes" to be a list of all "good" things. Writing consistency is also off. Definitely wait on sticky until everything's spruced up.

Things that felt a bit off for me:

- For Hammer: This is a section that needs sprucing up/ to be definitive. Placing something you like doesn't mean it fits in the concept of the list's purpose. However, if you format each weapon section to accomodate for "close seconds or notable non optimals", it would be fine.
- For Lance: As already mentioned, probably you meant "claw". Also, the kjarrs aren't too poor for their specific element if I'm not mistaken.
- For Swaxe: Isn't kjarr water pretty strong for its rather high-for-swaxe element? I don't know too much about KT swaxes in general though.
- For GL: King Gold Exploder, you need a comment about maxing focus. Helps a lot on long gunlancing for pure dps and not locking yourself down as long.
- For LBG: "Support" is probably the best for normal 2 spam because of its larger clip size which does contribute to higher damage over time. Also too much word clutter for all the kjarr listings.
- For HBG: r6 glutton, while not as strong, is decent enough to be worth a mention I feel. At the very least, it's stronger compared to what you can craft being able to fire off lvl3 spread.
- For Bow: Bit too vague imo, but that's coming from a bow main. Main thing is blast bow simply isn't good relative to what you can do with elemental bow.

User Info: Igueseous

Igueseous
3 months ago#26
Kjarr blast is actually quite good. I was messing around in sos with it and got at least 2 procs per status with spare shot and +3 for sleep/para(I think?) and you get the OP ko potential bow has. Idk how effective sleep/para attract up is, haven't tested enough, but the only other skills you need are weakness ex and crit eye. Maybe I only had one +3 stats. Point is, it's good status.

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
3 months ago#27
I'd only add Taroth Sword "Magma" to the list off of first glance, because of its apparent usefulness in blast-weak monsters. But I'm only sure of one or two persons' experience in testing it.

EDIT: Also, although this is valuable information, I don't think it should be stickied. We have too many sticky topics as it is, more than one of which should be FAQs. This should be in a FAQ about running (AT) Kulve Taroth, and frankly, Symphoenixa is as qualified as anyone I know of to write that whole FAQ, not just an evaluation of good weapons.
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: MegalaserLAWS

MegalaserLAWS
3 months ago#28
Sirk posted...
I'd only add Taroth Sword "Magma" to the list off of first glance, because of its apparent usefulness in blast-weak monsters. But I'm only sure of one or two persons' experience in testing it.

EDIT: Also, although this is valuable information, I don't think it should be stickied. We have too many sticky topics as it is, more than one of which should be FAQs. This should be in a FAQ about running (AT) Kulve Taroth, and frankly, Symphoenixa is as qualified as anyone I know of to write that whole FAQ, not just an evaluation of good weapons.

I think you mean kjarr sword magma. It's a flat out upgrade over taroth sword magma.

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
3 months ago#29
MegalaserLAWS posted...
Sirk posted...

I think you mean kjarr sword magma. It's a flat out upgrade over taroth sword magma.

D'oh. That's exactly what I mean. Don't know how I screwed that up, I suppose I was concentrating on saying "Magma" instead of "Blast".
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

User Info: HotCell43

HotCell43
3 months ago#30
Thankyou so much for this list @Symphoenixa
PSN: McProtege92
Switch: SW-3319-4739-9775
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. List of all good AT Kulve Taroth weapons
  • Post New Message