• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. List of all good AT Kulve Taroth weapons

User Info: Symphoenixa

Symphoenixa
3 months ago#1
Well, because @HotCell43 asked me about good AT Kulve Taroth weapons, I decided to set up a list for that (for all other new players too). However, during the process I thought this could be good for any other hunter out there too and it would be drowning in the AT Kulve Taroth session room, which should be closed soon (almost 500 posts), so I created an "official" thread for that purpose.

So here's a list of all good (AT) KaTie weapons.
Besides my additional notes, you have to consider the craftable weapons too --> the KaTie weapons are not always the best. This is just a list of the weapons a hunter should keep for the time of MHW until Iceborne. (Maybe these weapons can be upgraded in Iceborne? I seriously doubt it, but you never know ...)

GS:
Not a single GS from AT KaTie can really compare to Wyvern Ignition "Impact" ...

LS:
- Taroth Sword "Fire (general use)
- Kjárr Sword "Decay" (outclasses "Fire" if Dragon weakness is on three stars)

DB:
- All Kjárr Weapons, including the paralysis one (seriously, it's not that bad). However, the Kjárr Daggers "Magma" aren't that good ... (well, they have potential for one specific thing).

SnS:
- Taroth Slicer "Mud" (best general SnS, rivals with Deviljho SnS)
- Taroth Slicer "Numb" / Kjárr Slicer "Numb" (for good supporting SnS sets, paralysis version)
- Taroth Slicer "Tar" (for good supporting SnS sets, sleep version)

Hammer:
- Taroth Hammer "Sleep" (best overall Hammer if you can keep up Peak Perfomance, rivals with the Diablos version | you can even use it for a sleep bombing build)
- Kjárr Hammer "Numb" (seriously, I'm a fan of this paralysis hammer, but it's not necessary one of the best)

HH:
- Taroth Pipe "Sleep" (best HH for solo purposes)
- Taroth Pipe "Paralysis" (extremely high paralysis value) / Kjárr Pipe "Paralysis" (good alternative to the first one)
- There are certainly other good HHs too, because it is a very versatile weapon in terms of songs and different uses. However, this uses are very specific (for certain moments or situations), which other HHs can offer as well and even more on top of that (for example Deep Vero with Wind resistence and power boosting song etc.).

Lance
- Taroth Crest "Lance" (best overall Lance in terms of power, rivals with the craftable Deviljho version)
- Maybe the sleep Lance too (Taroth Crest "Sleep"), but only if you have a dedicated sleep bombing build for it for solo play (I have and it works ... but it's just for fun.)
- Kjárr Crest "Stream" (is also really good for ice weak enemies)

GL:
- Taroth Buster "Sleep" (best Normal type GL)
- Taroth Buster "Water" (best Wide type GL)
- Bomber Gold Exploder (best Wide shelling type GL --> you just need Artillery +3 and maybe Mind's Eye (to adjust yourself better), fill th rest with utility skills)
- King Gold Exploder (best Long type GL --> charged shots only: gives room for many utility skills, because the only skills you need are Artillery +3 and maybe Mind's Eye (to adjust yourself better) + three Health Augmentations)
- Kjárr Buster "Paralysis" (seriously, I'm a fan of this: it's a Normal type GL which can help you to get more out of your infinite Full Burst loop because of the paralysis)

Switchaxe:
- Taroth Axe "Paralysis" / Kjárr Axe "Paralysis" (extremely high paralysis values and high power)
- Taroth Axe "Water" (a good overall SA for pure raw, but the craftable Deviljho SA is much stronger)
Rising like a Phoenix, raging like a Cucco!
(Not a native english speaker, so feel free to correct me in a construcive way. I'm very much thankful for that!)
(edited 3 months ago)

Symphoenixa
3 months ago#2
CB
- Taroth Strongarm "Horn" (extremely powerful in terms of raw power, but it needs a high amount of affinity to work with --> for craftable option use the craftable Diablos version of it (which has just 10 defense less))
- All element Kjárr variants (for 3-star weaknesses), especially the Ice CB!

IG:
- Taroth Glaive "Paralysis" / Kjárr Glaive "Paralysis" (good paralysis for general and supporting uses)
- Maybe the Kjárr Glaive "Spark" too for lightning weak monsters ... (didn't test it yet)

LBG: (LBG is a little bit difficult, because it requires more than just raw power for a good LBG. Some of the utility shots are good enough too to get a LBG in higher tiers.)
- Kjárr Blitz "Thunder", Taroth Blitz "Support" and Taroth Blitz "Shot" (good Rapid Fire Normal 2 LBGs --> "Shot" is the best if you want raw power (NEB), which is preferred with RF Normal 2 LBGs)
- Kjárr Blitz "King "(best Fire LBG)
- Kjárr Blitz "Decay (best Water LBG)
- Kjárr Blitz "Thunder" (best Lightning LBG in terms of power)
- Kjárr Blitz "Ice" (best Ice LBG)
- Keep their Taroth version as well, because I can't really say if some of them are better than their Kjárr versions ... couldn't test that until now. (I'll update that, so look forward to it.)

HBG:
- Taroth Assault "Glutton" (KEEP IT, LOVE IT, NEVER FORGET IT! --> Spread Lv. 3 = Serious Sam and 1000 corpses behind you!)
- Kjárr Assault "Water" (best Pierce HBG) and Taroth Aussault "Support" (just a little bit less powerful than Kjárr Assault "Water", but nevertheless a very good choice)
- Kjárr Assault "Magma" (a very good Cluster HBG with status capabilities --> good choice for multiplayer too)

Bow:
- All Kjárr versions ("Blast" is also decent, but don't expect too much of it --> it has some status possibilites etc.)
- Keep the Taroth versions as well, because some build variants are better than others for different people. That doesn't mean these are the very best at all times, however you'll create good sets with them nevertheless.

So ... I think I got them all (maybe one or two were forgotten, so give me a message so I can add it). But seriously, it's a huge list and I needed almost two hours for that, especially because I didn't know the english names for all of them.

I think this will be helpful until Iceborne. Have fun and cya on AT KaTie's! ^^
(Not a native english speaker, so feel free to correct me in a construcive way. I'm very much thankful for that!)
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: drag10

drag10
3 months ago#3
Slight correction for LS: It's Kjarr Decay that's sought after, not Taroth Decay.

For GL, you can add the R6 Bomber Gold Exploder for pure wide shelling.
PSN: AshScar88
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Crimos

Crimos
3 months ago#4
Great List, thank you! @Symphoenixa

Sticky requested until IB!

User Info: Apalachicola

Apalachicola
3 months ago#5
Thanks. However, TAG is the meta - if your goal is monster killing, you’re handicapping yourself by not using it. Get that from Kulve.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
(edited 3 months ago)

Symphoenixa
3 months ago#6
drag10 posted...
Slight correction for LS: It's Kjarr Decay that's sought after, not Taroth Decay.

For GL, you can add the R6 Bomber Gold Exploder for pure wide shelling.

Thank you, forgot the Bomber Gold Exploder and mistook the Kjárr Decay with its Taroth pendant.

Apalachicola posted...
Thanks. However, TAG is the meta - if your goal is monster killing, you’re handicapping yourself by not using it. Get that from Kulve.

MH isn't about one specific weapon if you have the option between fourteen differen weapon types. Diversity keeps the fun in that regard, so Taroth Assault "Glutton" (I think you meant it?) isn't the only weapon in MHW.
(I know, you meant it probably as a joke - but just to be sure. ^^)

Crimos posted...
Great List, thank you! @Symphoenixa

Sticky requested until IB!

Wow ... thank you very much. ^^'
(edited 3 months ago)
(message deleted)

User Info: Semeki

Semeki
3 months ago#8
I never got a real answer but for Bow, it was said Tarroth Arrow Queen is good for R7.
The darkest shadows are cast by the brightest light.

User Info: Rayanson

Rayanson
3 months ago#9
Symphoenixa posted...
CB
- Taroth Strongarm "Horn" (extremely powerful in terms of raw power, but it needs a high amount of affinity to work with --> for craftable option use the craftable Diablos version of it (which has just 10 defense less))
- All element Kjárr variants (for 3-star weaknesses), especially the Ice CB!

IG:
- Taroth Glaive "Paralysis" / Kjárr Glaive "Paralysis" (good paralysis for general and supporting uses)
- Maybe the Kjárr Glaive "Spark" too for lightning weak monsters ... (didn't test it yet)

LBG: (LBG is a little bit difficult, because it requires more than just raw power for a good LBG. Some of the utility shots are good enough too to get a LBG in higher tiers.)
- Kjárr Blitz "Thunder", Taroth Blitz "Support" and Taroth Blitz "Shot" (good Rapid Fire Normal 2 LBGs --> "Shot" is the best if you want raw power (NEB), which is preferred with RF Normal 2 LBGs)
- Kjárr Blitz "King "(best Fire LBG)
- Kjárr Blitz "Decay (best Water LBG)
- Kjárr Blitz "Thunder" (best Lightning LBG in terms of power)
- Kjárr Blitz "Ice" (best Ice LBG)
- Keep their Taroth version as well, because I can't really say if some of them are better than their Kjárr versions ... couldn't test that until now. (I'll update that, so look forward to it.)

HBG:
- Taroth Assault "Glutton" (KEEP IT, LOVE IT, NEVER FORGET IT! --> Spread Lv. 3 = Serious Sam and 1000 corpses behind you!)
- Kjárr Assault "Water" (best Pierce HBG) and Taroth Aussault "Support" (just a little bit less powerful than Kjárr Assault "Water", but nevertheless a very good choice)
- Kjárr Assault "Magma" (a very good Cluster HBG with status capabilities --> good choice for multiplayer too)

Bow:
- All Kjárr versions ("Blast" is also decent, but don't expect too much of it --> it has some status possibilites etc.)

So ... I think I got them all (maybe one or two were forgotten, so give me a message so I can add it). But seriously, it's a huge list and I needed almost two hours for that, especially because I didn't know the english names for all of them.

I think this will be helpful until Iceborne. Have fun and cya on AT KaTie's! ^^

Taroth thunder, water and Queen bow are the best for their element imo but you'll have to build around that sealed element, if you can't afford building around free elem I guess kjarr are OK, never tried them
Who reads these anyway

Symphoenixa
3 months ago#10
Rayanson posted...
Taroth thunder, water and Queen bow are the best for their element imo but you'll have to build around that sealed element, if you can't afford building around free elem I guess kjarr are OK, never tried them

Yeah, thought about that, too. The original post was very long, so I couldn't add a commentar for this case ... and then after the thread was created, I forgot it.
I didn't have much time to test the Bow weapons in that regard, however it depends on your skill, too. Some people don't need Constitution on +3, instead they're using a +1 variant, which opens a power options. That's the reason why the Bow is a little bit complicated to determine "THE" weapons.

But I'll add your suggestions about that ... I mean, I had the same thought too, so it should be okay.
(edited 3 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. List of all good AT Kulve Taroth weapons
  • Post New Message