• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. So, why is AT Kulve still a HR 16 or higher hunt?

User Info: Halectic

Halectic
3 weeks ago#11
DivineCrawd2000 posted...
Rayanson posted...
Is it about that dude named Izuku from last night's kulve Taroth session?

No, I don't think I ran into you last night, lol. I don't want to really out the guys and I was frustrated as I just got off Apex Legends and had horrid teammates in that too. This just took it over the edge.

I can't carry two to three people in an ATKT hunt, I can survive well enough on my own when using either my hammer or hunting horn build. And then, to make it worse, the 26 rank guy was running snowflecther bow (I think)......and I already looked at his setup and it was not bow ready, especially for ATKT. I was not trying to be mean as I was offering some help to the one guy who was listening about def wise, but they both were just too under prepared for this hunt especially having no knowledge of how it's done.

I'll run some more tonight maybe on Xbox as my character on there needs more KT weapons.

That has nothing to do with hunter rank, i have seen HR80+ people triple cart like a day 1 noob.
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
3 weeks ago#12
Halectic posted...
Rayanson posted...

No, I don't think I ran into you last night, lol. I don't want to really out the guys and I was frustrated as I just got off Apex Legends and had horrid teammates in that too. This just took it over the edge.

I can't carry two to three people in an ATKT hunt, I can survive well enough on my own when using either my hammer or hunting horn build. And then, to make it worse, the 26 rank guy was running snowflecther bow (I think)......and I already looked at his setup and it was not bow ready, especially for ATKT. I was not trying to be mean as I was offering some help to the one guy who was listening about def wise, but they both were just too under prepared for this hunt especially having no knowledge of how it's done.

I'll run some more tonight maybe on Xbox as my character on there needs more KT weapons.

That has nothing to do with hunter rank, i have seen HR80+ people triple cart like a day 1 noob.

That has a pretty good bit to do with hunter rank, if you're talking about the HR26 guy. Someone who has only barely finished the main story has not had enough time to get used to how weapons work and which skills are useful. The only people I'd trust with that low of a HR are those who come on here and ask questions, eager to learn. Suffice to say, that is few of them.

It's true that HR isn't even close to a proportionate measure of how good a player is. An HR400 player isn't twice as good as an HR 200 player. Nor is an HR800 necessary ten times better (nor even necessarily better at all) than an HR80 player. But if you had to bet, which would you bet on? All other things equal (unless, for instance, I saw specific evidence that the HR800 was a crap player and wearing terrible equipment), I'd comfortably bet on HR800.
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

User Info: Desofight

Desofight
2 weeks ago#13
I mean, I just completed a full kt run. HR 19 bow user with 234 armor. Just learned her attacks and have a dodge build. Got carted once in area 1 from some bad luck but finished out the rest of it alive.
That said, I had a group who knew what they were doing and could teach me the fight.

User Info: UndyingStick

UndyingStick
2 weeks ago#14
Desofight posted...
I mean, I just completed a full kt run. HR 19 bow user with 234 armor. Just learned her attacks and have a dodge build. Got carted once in area 1 from some bad luck but finished out the rest of it alive.
That said, I had a group who knew what they were doing and could teach me the fight.

Area 1? That's actually kinda impressive.

User Info: DivineCrawd2000

DivineCrawd2000
2 weeks ago#15
Halectic posted...
Rayanson posted...

This made me laugh too hard, but yes that is true. I'm HR 252 and I have bad days. But I knew with these guys with me being the highest rank, it was going to be bad. after our first run, we only got to pursuit level 2 and that was only because of me

.Desofight posted...

Difference was you were willing to learn, that makes a huge difference.
Xbox Tag: ED ESTL PSN: SBChuck
Street Fighter V Mains: Chun-Li and Laura

User Info: Desofight

Desofight
2 weeks ago#16
UndyingStick posted...
Desofight posted...

Area 1? That's actually kinda impressive.

Yeah, it was crazy jumped off the ledge and she tail slapped me, we weren't even there 1 min lol
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. So, why is AT Kulve still a HR 16 or higher hunt?
  • Topic Archived