• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. So, why is AT Kulve still a HR 16 or higher hunt?

User Info: DivineCrawd2000

DivineCrawd2000
3 weeks ago#1
I just did 3 runs with people who were nowhere near ready for him and they got carted everytime. One was trying to learn but the one dude was rank 26......rank 26!? You haven't even unlocked the double tempered Bazelguese hunt. So why has the requirements of this hunt not changed, needing at least rank 30 or something for a monster that is Arch Tempered. Running this with people not having def over 350 is not fun watching them get one shotted to hell all the time.
Xbox Tag: ED ESTL PSN: SBChuck
Street Fighter V Mains: Chun-Li and Laura

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
3 weeks ago#2
Probably for the same reason Behemoth is HR16.

"So players who just finished story mode don't feel left out."
But. Aren't they woefully under prepared for this?
"Their failures will push them to progress in the rest of the game."
Or they'll have a horrible experience triple carting, probably ruining the encounter for others. Or they'll get carried and have no real experience with the encounter at all. Or-
"You're fired."
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I prefer casual games. Let's play! [I fear vacuums and the ocean and I'm a Scrublord. I suck!]

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
3 weeks ago#3
Unbound-King posted...
Probably for the same reason Behemoth is HR16.

"So players who just finished story mode don't feel left out."
But. Aren't they woefully under prepared for this?
"Their failures will push them to progress in the rest of the game."
Or they'll have a horrible experience triple carting, probably ruining the encounter for others. Or they'll get carried and have no real experience with the encounter at all. Or-
"You're fired."

Accurate.

I felt like such a noob when i was level 40-50 and players here were talking about how easy kulve is... I'm thinking, seriously? She's got several attacks that 1 shot me and her fire breath kills me in .2 seconds.

I had no augments at all... they make a huge difference.

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
3 weeks ago#4
I remember starting out on Kulve at around HR50 back during the Appreciation Festival. Before that I just ran her solo in December '18, dropping rocks on her and blasting with cannons in Area 1, to break parts. Never really even went into Area 2 to fight her.

Did it enough to gather enough pieces to craft the Alpha/Beta armor sets.

I believe when I was first doing the siege I didn't have fully augmented gear. The main thing is to learn the moves and stay the hell out of her way.

Figure the problem most of the <50 hunters are doing is getting in too close to try and bull their way through the siege. And that doesn't work without knowing when/how to dodge. Or when to back off and heal.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye." ~~ PSN: CrysisZephyr
~~~No Damage Kulve~~~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgTQtBM-lsU

User Info: jagger_wanderer

jagger_wanderer
3 weeks ago#5
Ah right the free demo plus MHW was on sale. No wonder there is newcomers in the game. Can't blame them for wanting to try something new. A few fail quests usually helps more than hurt. Assuming you have to the time for it.
"I wonder where his confidence comes from, he doesn't have anything to be proud of." Lufia 2

User Info: Black_Assassin

Black_Assassin
3 weeks ago#6
There really should still be a regular KT for those who have just finished the story.
Want to cure diseases with your spare computing power?
http://folding.stanford.edu/

User Info: Rayanson

Rayanson
3 weeks ago#7
Is it about that dude named Izuku from last night's kulve Taroth session?
Who reads these anyway

User Info: Zero_Shinzaki

Zero_Shinzaki
3 weeks ago#8
Because AT Kulve is literally just Kulve with an added stage? She's pretty much not that different at all, and triggering her AT stage is, while simple, not something that happens automatically?

She already hit like a dump-truck launched out of a mancannon as it is, going AT didnt really change much except make her crazier in the end fight and add like, two more attacks.

Plus you also gotta look at the other side of it: everyone can run three characters at one time. Running a second or third character for whatever a person's reason is, Kulve's got some nice weapons and armor that can help the rest of the grind.

So it's two-fold: one, she's not much different than her original self, and two, it's not just noobs that go into her immediately.

Better question is why isnt Deviljho and Lunastra bumped up to being HR30+? DJ alone can roflstomp a noob faster than KT can, and Pandora's Arena alone is hell in a handbasket to try to do that low.
PSN ID: ChaosLordZero
Ruinien sos infel. Ruinien sos manaf. Destruction for the sake of love. Destruction for the sake of life!

User Info: Turteyz

Turteyz
3 weeks ago#9
Zero_Shinzaki posted...
Because AT Kulve is literally just Kulve with an added stage? She's pretty much not that different at all, and triggering her AT stage is, while simple, not something that happens automatically?

Not necessarily true. Yes, the biggest change is that she has fury mode in area 4. But prior to Area 4, she still has 1 new move and buffed damage.

Prior to ATKT, you could facetank her lava spew for pretty much the entire duration as long as you had a health augment and kept hitting her molten shell. Do it now and you'll be dead before it's even halfway over.

She also had the lava breath attack. The one where it's a cylindrical wind/lava thing that she can do halfway across the map. KT did it but it was slow and only did like half your health. ATKT is much faster, can spin 180 to snipe you, does it twice in a row, and can one shot you. I remember getting caught offguard for the first 3 days of ATKT. I even remember one of us here triple carting to it. Fun times =)

She's also a lot harder to mollify in area 2 if she starts out cold. You can spend an entire hunt fighting a non-magma ATKT and break like 1 part. This is why barrel bombs have become so much more necessary than old KT outside of PL1 clears.

User Info: DivineCrawd2000

DivineCrawd2000
3 weeks ago#10
Rayanson posted...
Is it about that dude named Izuku from last night's kulve Taroth session?

No, I don't think I ran into you last night, lol. I don't want to really out the guys and I was frustrated as I just got off Apex Legends and had horrid teammates in that too. This just took it over the edge.

I can't carry two to three people in an ATKT hunt, I can survive well enough on my own when using either my hammer or hunting horn build. And then, to make it worse, the 26 rank guy was running snowflecther bow (I think)......and I already looked at his setup and it was not bow ready, especially for ATKT. I was not trying to be mean as I was offering some help to the one guy who was listening about def wise, but they both were just too under prepared for this hunt especially having no knowledge of how it's done.

I'll run some more tonight maybe on Xbox as my character on there needs more KT weapons.
Xbox Tag: ED ESTL PSN: SBChuck
Street Fighter V Mains: Chun-Li and Laura
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. So, why is AT Kulve still a HR 16 or higher hunt?
  • Topic Archived