• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. The weapon distribution per class is a bit volatile

User Info: Caroniver

Caroniver
1 month ago#21
silverbullet474 posted...
nuke2099 posted...
blast status.

All I want for Iceborne's weapon selection is sleep/para/poison weapons on the same level as the blast weapons we typically get. They've been pretty consistently great just as pure raw weapons before you even consider the extra blast, but for most other statuses the really good options are always few and far between. Like, scarce enough that I think you could count every non-blast status weapon for all 14 classes that ever made it to the list of meta choices (not just useful in a niche scenario, I'm talking at least top 5 BiS worthy) and not run out of fingers. I'll never get why only 1 of the 4 statuses is always so heavily favored....

I think part of the problem is that most status monsters are early to mid game filler fights, so their gear stats just reflect that. Blast gets things like Lunastra and Bazel, but meanwhile we're stuck with the likes of Pukei, Girros, or Radobaan to represent the rest. I'm hoping we get some stronger monsters in other areas to fix that issue--something in the Jho to Elder strength range. I don't even care if they hit us with the high raw/low end status thing, just as long as they exist and are good for variety's sake.

I'm still pissed that they brought back Kush and Teo and not Cham. The three were built to be a triangle, with Teo's weapons beating Cham, Cham's beating Kush, and Kush's beating Teo, but now they got rid of that and threw in Vaal instead, removing Kush's special weakness to poison and replacing it with the s***ty Elderseal thing.

Plus, Blast is usually better compared to the rest because it's just an extra burst of damage. If you had one weapon for each of the statuses and they all had the same attack and the same amount of status points, it'd be para>blast>sleep>poison in terms of usefulness, since para allows you to do lots of damage, blast just does damage, sleep gives you a break plus bomb damage, and poison is the worst because it's DoT and your poison status isn't doing anything while the monster's poisoned.
Since para's so powerful because of extended free damage, its weapons usually have less raw (Kirin weapons live to prove this).
Mixer of Mega Dash Juices, slayer of giant monsters.
Self-proclaimed leader of the Tri Hards. http://tinyurl.com/y8s94446

User Info: MegalaserLAWS

MegalaserLAWS
1 month ago#22
nuke2099 posted...
blast status.

All I want for Iceborne's weapon selection is sleep/para/poison weapons on the same level as the blast weapons we typically get. They've been pretty consistently great just as pure raw weapons before you even consider the extra blast, but for most other statuses the really good options are always few and far between. Like, scarce enough that I think you could count every non-blast status weapon for all 14 classes that ever made it to the list of meta choices (not just useful in a niche scenario, I'm talking at least top 5 BiS worthy) and not run out of fingers. I'll never get why only 1 of the 4 statuses is always so heavily favored....

I think part of the problem is that most status monsters are early to mid game filler fights, so their gear stats just reflect that. Blast gets things like Lunastra and Bazel, but meanwhile we're stuck with the likes of Pukei, Girros, or Radobaan to represent the rest. I'm hoping we get some stronger monsters in other areas to fix that issue--something in the Jho to Elder strength range. I don't even care if they hit us with the high raw/low end status thing, just as long as they exist and are good for variety's sake.

Or atleast make them so they don't SUCK THAT MUCH. 10-20 raw would go a long way on a lot of them. Para and sleep and poison will never be good for speed runs but they should never be pointless( I'm looking at you kjarr sword paralysis).

User Info: MegalaserLAWS

MegalaserLAWS
1 month ago#23
Caroniver posted...
nuke2099 posted...
blast status.

I'm still pissed that they brought back Kush and Teo and not Cham. The three were built to be a triangle, with Teo's weapons beating Cham, Cham's beating Kush, and Kush's beating Teo, but now they got rid of that and threw in Vaal instead, removing Kush's special weakness to poison and replacing it with the s***ty Elderseal thing.

Plus, Blast is usually better compared to the rest because it's just an extra burst of damage. If you had one weapon for each of the statuses and they all had the same attack and the same amount of status points, it'd be para>blast>sleep>poison in terms of usefulness, since para allows you to do lots of damage, blast just does damage, sleep gives you a break plus bomb damage, and poison is the worst because it's DoT and your poison status isn't doing anything while the monster's poisoned.
Since para's so powerful because of extended free damage, its weapons usually have less raw (Kirin weapons live to prove this).

Once you git gud (especially solo) blast beats the s*** outta para.

User Info: LonelyGaruga

LonelyGaruga
1 month ago#24
For what it's worth, MH4 only had Teo and Daora too, with 4U adding Chameleos. Though it's kinda obvious that in MHW's case Chameleos is absent because it uses a unique skeleton no other monster uses.

User Info: UndyingStick

UndyingStick
1 month ago#25
nuke2099 posted...
blast status.

They could’ve easily “pulled a Lunastra” on those weaker weapons and require ED materials to get all of them to their last level, with a unique design morphed with materials from both monsters as the final weapon.

Since they missed the opportunity, they could’ve added some such weapons with AT specific materials, too.
But they gave zero f***s and simply drip fed the content, throwing in mostly lame layered armors.

I think they’re just incredibly dumb at planning content and then sometimes they just get lucky.

User Info: silverbullet474

silverbullet474
1 month ago#26
Caroniver posted...

100% because they just didn't build his skeleton in and opted to just use the classic dragon shape on a new guy instead. They could've at least still made his weapons poison instead of yet ANOTHER dragon line though, no clue why they didn't.

Caroniver posted...

That's purely the effects of the status. I'm talking about the fact that nearly no poison/sleep/para weapons have stats nearly as good as what you see on blast stuff. Take away the additional effect and they're usually still just worse weapons all around. I wouldn't mind the statuses themselves having varying degrees of usefulness if they'd add options that relatively matched in strength in other areas. Dumb thing is, they've shown with a few weapons that they're willing to do it, just once in a blue moon (looking at you Kjarr Para IG).
PSN: KPlaysHere
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/silverbullet4747

User Info: tiathecat

tiathecat
1 month ago#27
Caroniver posted...

They would do, if they were para and not lightning.

User Info: Apalachicola

Apalachicola
1 month ago#28
I guess I do not t really see a problem. You can bang away with raw at just about any encounter, and it works well for most weapon types and monsters, but part of the pleasure is specialization and optimization, and elemental weapons provide that.

Locking the good ones behind KT RNG would not have been my chosen method, but adding critical element to some weapons really opened up the possibilities
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.

User Info: Elmdor043

Elmdor043
1 month ago#29
I'm baffled about why an early game monster (Tobi) gets better weapons than an elder dragon. I think even Luna has the go to thunder lbg if you don't have any Kulve stuff and she's a fire monster, how does that make any sense?

User Info: Lewkis

Lewkis
1 month ago#30
Elmdor043 posted...
I'm baffled about why an early game monster (Tobi) gets better weapons than an elder dragon. I think even Luna has the go to thunder lbg if you don't have any Kulve stuff and she's a fire monster, how does that make any sense?

I've always wondered why Kirin, a supposed force of nature that controls lightning itself, has worse lightning weapons than the flying squirrel-lizard from the beginning of the game. I used to actually like hunting Kirin back in the day, when he was a rare random quest that popped up. Now I can't really see any reason to fight him at all unless you have to for some reason.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. The weapon distribution per class is a bit volatile
  • Topic Archived