• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: nuke2099

nuke2099
4 weeks ago#11
Button_Masher_Z posted...
So in older games, you entered the stun state pretty quickly, could mash out as soon as you saw stars, and had no animation afterwards.

In MHW, getting up takes a little bit, you get into a stun state which you can mash out of, but then you have to slap your own face. While you can mash out, it removes a far smaller percentage of time occupied by being stunned. It feels worse, there's no feedback to show that you're actually benefiting from mashing, and you might not even be aware that it helps.

It does, but not much.

I recently got MGHU for the switch. At least in comparable rank (up to four star quests right now), KOs seem to happen less frequently (I may just be a little smarter than my first run through MHW), and are a lot easier to get out of before a monster can follow up. Hell, I almost could attack some monsters right after getting stunned. Of course, a lot of monsters switch aggro to you if you get disabled in any way too... or at least I've seen that phenomenon enough to feel like it... It's a smart way to set it up imo, let a status hit you, the monster capitalizes.

Malfestio was an interesting case, it used its sleep move more frequently after confusing you. Of course, figure out how to transition between confused controls and normal, or don't get hit by the confusion dust at all, and it's a lot easier to deal with. I duked it out with mizutsune in the gathering quest, and it would come after me when bubbled.

Back to world, MHW really emphasizes either avoiding getting stunned at all, or slotting it away.

You can mash out of stun on MHW? If it happens I have tried and the animation time is the same even if I didn't mash out of it.
Gamertag: Nuke2099

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
4 weeks ago#12
nuke2099 posted...
You can mash out of stun on MHW? If it happens I have tried and the animation time is the same even if I didn't mash out of it.

The animation before and after are the same, the stun period with the stars over your head gets shorter. I don't think it's much shorter, you may only barely get some benefit from mashing overall.

I would totally understand ignoring the concept as a player, but then I mash when I'm incapacitated in games anyway, older games do that to you.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: PrimalElz

PrimalElz
4 weeks ago#13
Two things:

Game is a year old, and people don't hang around lower ranks. Especially when all the serious farming is decorations, kulve weapons, and... well, that's it.

Also streamstone farming.
I love Monster Hunter so much that I made a Gameplay Music Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxRnI9yrzlo

User Info: nophoria

nophoria
4 weeks ago#14
gamenerd74 posted...
Last thing i create a coop quest and standby and nothing no one joins and i actually try to look for a certain quest to join and nothing pops up so i give up and try doing the s.o.s. Flare and it only worked once when i was fighting the LR anjanath after that nothing i been trying to do the LR kirin and no one ever joins is it because people are just too ahead now? Or am im doing something wrong?

Some low rank quests just might not be as popular as others, Kirin might be harder for newer players and avoid fighting it more. Don’t worry, you’ll find plenty of people when you hit high rank though!
https://youtu.be/Oi7WH7_NO9I

Button_Masher_Z
4 weeks ago#15
PrimalElz posted...
Two things:

Game is a year old, and people don't hang around lower ranks. Especially when all the serious farming is decorations, kulve weapons, and... well, that's it.

Also streamstone farming.

I forgot.

I haven’t had to farm streamstones in quite a long time at this point...
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.

User Info: Igueseous

Igueseous
4 weeks ago#16
To be fair, streamstone farming and deco farming are basically the same thing if the event decoration farms aren't around.

User Info: Black_Assassin

Black_Assassin
4 weeks ago#17
How does the hunter get up if he/she's stunned? 🤔
Want to cure diseases with your spare computing power?
http://folding.stanford.edu/

Button_Masher_Z
4 weeks ago#18
Black_Assassin posted...
How does the hunter get up if he/she's stunned? 🤔

Honestly, the status should be called “dizzy.” You can get up, but you’re useless when disoriented like that.

User Info: Zero_Shinzaki

Zero_Shinzaki
4 weeks ago#19

I would totally understand ignoring the concept as a player, but then I mash when I'm incapacitated in games anyway, older games do that to you.

gah, old school gaming at its finest. Get disabled? Mash buttons. Some games made it obvious that it works, other games it was hidden.

in this game it feels useless compared to flat skill slot reduction/negation but man, sometimes, that extra couple seconds you cut off with it can save your ass. i know it has for me once or twice.
PSN ID: ChaosLordZero
Ruinien sos infel. Ruinien sos manaf. Destruction for the sake of love. Destruction for the sake of life!

User Info: FroMan

FroMan
4 weeks ago#20
Even knowing I can mash to get out of stun I practically never do. If the monster isn't right ontop of me winding up for a followup attack, then he's left me for dead and has run off to engage with my palico or another hunter. In the first case I'll be dead the second I'm vulnerable, in the second I've got all day to recover, either way, mashing isn't worth my time.

But every once in a while I'll read the situation and know that sans mashing I'm gonna cart, but it'll be close, I'll probably be in the face smacking animation. At that moment I'll get a spark of excitement and start mashing my heart out. You can bet if successful I'll belt out a "whooooooooo boy!" as aI superman dive my way to safety.
There's now a board for discussing all things YouTube.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1323-youtube-general
  • Topic Archived