You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Fastest arch tempered clear for each weapon (speedrun)

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
4 weeks ago#11
nebula2 posted...
LonelyGaruga posted...
Symphoenixa posted...
Can't say anything about that, but I think LonelyGaruga could help you in that matter. He moderated such stuff in the past if I remember correctly.

I only follow TA wiki rule runs really.

Basically.
No cat.
No environment help.
No mantle.
No slingers

That's the tip of the iceberg... they ban A LOT more than that... skills, tactics, items.

User Info: nebula2

nebula2
3 weeks ago#12
DarxWingDuck posted...
nebula2 posted...
LonelyGaruga posted...
Symphoenixa posted...
Can't say anything about that, but I think LonelyGaruga could help you in that matter. He moderated such stuff in the past if I remember correctly.

Basically.
No cat.
No environment help.
No mantle.
No slingers

That's the tip of the iceberg... they ban A LOT more than that... skills, tactics, items.

Aw but where is the fun in that? :(
PSN:Nebuladark, Switch FC:SW-0857-4415-9982,
3DS: FC:0774-5319-1816, ACNL:Nebula from Ygdrasil, MHGenU:Serenade, MHworld:Serenade.

User Info: DukeLukewarm

DukeLukewarm
3 weeks ago#13
nebula2 posted...
DarxWingDuck posted...
nebula2 posted...
LonelyGaruga posted...
Symphoenixa posted...

Basically.
No cat.
No environment help.
No mantle.
No slingers

Aw but where is the fun in that? :(

No cat is mainly to reduce randomness, flash bombs/sonic bombs shut down certain monsters by themselves which isn't particularly interesting, and armor skills like adrenaline and fortify are both overcentralizing and add unnecessary tedium by forcing you to bomb yourself to hell at the start of every run. That's basically the gist of the traditional rules.

For World they had to try and append like a dozen other limitations because every single run would just end up as a complete lockdown or a face tanking snoozefest but none of it is enough to salvage World for traditional high level MH play.

User Info: Deaga

Deaga
3 weeks ago#14
DukeLukewarm posted...
Wouldn't have to do that if the monsters weren't such pushovers. Not like the bans even get to the root of the problem anyway (hunters doing too much damage in general relative to the monsters' health and thresholds).

Why are you even bothering to reply to TSC's posts on this lmao. It's very clear he has his own opinion and doesn't give a s*** about any other.

DukeLukewarm posted...
No cat is mainly to reduce randomness, flash bombs/sonic bombs shut down certain monsters by themselves which isn't particularly interesting, and armor skills like adrenaline and fortify are both overcentralizing and add unnecessary tedium by forcing you to bomb yourself to hell at the start of every run. That's basically the gist of the traditional rules.

For World they had to try and append like a dozen other limitations because every single run would just end up as a complete lockdown or a face tanking snoozefest but none of it is enough to salvage World for traditional high level MH play.

A lot of them feel like holdovers from the past tbh. Heroics and Fortify likely aren't even optimal for nearly all of World's content (literally all except for Behemoth and EX Behemoth that are accepted at the wiki) due to how fast things die, by the time you get all the buffs, someone not running those has already cleared the quest. One also has to wonder how "these would overcentralize the meta!!" even is relevant when all blademaster weapons run Drachen anyway.

But yeah, I generally appreciate TA rules for allowing actual fights. I'm much more interested in super clean runs than "THAT SAVED ONE SECOND!!!", although getting a clean run that also shaves seconds is obviously appreciated. :p Unfortunately, World really goes against that.
Shameless self-plug for my MH speedrunning youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/DeASDFga
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: rinke

rinke
3 weeks ago#15
Thanks TSC for linking cybele's run.
The current 3'25 nergigante clear will continue to go down.

As for other weapons, the runs will get stuck at 5'40.
LS and DB have both hit the turf war barrier.

User Info: Versaile

Versaile
3 weeks ago#16
I swear, with the way they talk, I can't take any conversation between Duke, Garuga, and TSC seriously
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: LonelyGaruga

LonelyGaruga
3 weeks ago#17
What's wrong with how Duke talks.

User Info: Versaile

Versaile
3 weeks ago#18
LonelyGaruga posted...
What's wrong with how Duke talks.

There isnt. It's just funny how it can go sometimes

rinke
3 weeks ago#19
AT records updated:
3'43 bow xenojiiva
5'49 CB nergigante

rinke
3 weeks ago#20
We might see sub 3 for nerg.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdsgeONkkZQ
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Fastest arch tempered clear for each weapon (speedrun)