• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Have you soloed Extreme Behemoth?

User Info: Summarizer

Summarizer
4 weeks ago#1
You know, the big angry purple one - Results (113 votes)
Yes. I found it quite easy.
4.42% (5 votes)
Yes. It took me a lot of practice, but I finally conquered him.
10.62% (12 votes)
No. I don't like the fight and haven't really tried.
44.25% (50 votes)
No. I like the fight but prefer it in a group.
12.39% (14 votes)
No. I can get pretty close, but I can't quite do it.
7.08% (8 votes)
Yeah right. I'll stick to Kulu-Ya-Ku and Great Jagras.
21.24% (24 votes)
This poll is now closed.
How do you stack up against this titan?
Nothing but the truth, insofar as I interpret it.

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
4 weeks ago#2
Once. Ran closer to the timer than I cared to.
Haven't tried since because if I do I'll probably just pick up a Water Bow and go nuts.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I prefer casual games. Let's play! [I fear vacuums and the ocean and I'm a Scrublord. I suck!]

User Info: DrakeRathalos

DrakeRathalos
4 weeks ago#3
f*** never! I'm too lazy to get the online subscrption and I'm not a perfectionist Monster Hunter god.

User Info: Akuro19

Akuro19
4 weeks ago#4
I have, only with two weapons. Once with the Insect Glaive, and a few times with the HBG. The Glaive was my legit solo run, barely winning with 15 seconds left. The HBG runs utilized that smokescreen cheese tactic. I used it to help carry a few friends with clearing Extremoth without a fight.

I'm surprised more folks never heard about that tactic now that I think about it.
"Though it's interesting to see monsters killing each other, go ahead and kill them yourself." - Goddess Ilias

User Info: Semeki

Semeki
4 weeks ago#5
Havent. I lost interest around the end of last year. But I'd get close. It just comes down to practice. Evading the roars is the majority of what's needs to be learned. At this point I dont really care for it anymore.
The darkest shadows are cast by the brightest light.

User Info: KarmelCHAOS

KarmelCHAOS
4 weeks ago#6
I haven’t even killed it with 4 people lol

User Info: Apalachicola

Apalachicola
4 weeks ago#7
No. Why bother, solo or with a group? Kind of a useless monster to kill without armor, weapon rewards or trophies.... just a damage sponge version of a monster I’m done farming.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.

User Info: drag10

drag10
4 weeks ago#8
Soloed regular Behemoth once and got a little too close to timing out, so I don't think I'd want to bother with Extremoth. It's a pretty fun fight with a well-coordinated group on the other hand.
PSN: AshScar88

User Info: Rainbowkirby749

Rainbowkirby749
4 weeks ago#9
Akuro19 posted...
I have, only with two weapons. Once with the Insect Glaive, and a few times with the HBG. The Glaive was my legit solo run, barely winning with 15 seconds left. The HBG runs utilized that smokescreen cheese tactic. I used it to help carry a few friends with clearing Extremoth without a fight.

I'm surprised more folks never heard about that tactic now that I think about it.

I tried Googling it, but I all I got was the 'mount it but don't hit it; let your team mates hit it' tactic. How does the smokescreen idea work?
I'm a bit late (as always), but SAVE KRILE! Save her from Japanese exclusivity!
Hypnocatrice is awesome.

User Info: SilverKyousuke

SilverKyousuke
4 weeks ago#10
Rainbowkirby749 posted...
Akuro19 posted...

I tried Googling it, but I all I got was the 'mount it but don't hit it; let your team mates hit it' tactic. How does the smokescreen idea work?

If I had to guess, I'd say you throw down a Smoke Bomb which puts you into stealth, which makes monsters stop and sniff around looking for you, and all the while he's cluster bombing the hell out of him.
And once the smoke clears you use another Smoke Bomb.

Never really thought about using those lol!

Also, f*** no I will never even attempt a solo Extremoth run ever.
GT: xXPakkunXx My FC is: 3539-9672-6526
I'm not superstitious. I am, a little stitious.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Have you soloed Extreme Behemoth?
  • Topic Archived