• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Leshen Trick I did not know about (during the Geralt quest)

User Info: Caroniver

Caroniver
4 weeks ago#11
SilverHawke27 posted...
I suppose they were going for the fact that "our" Hunter was doing Witcher-ish work while Geralt was doing his thing. That's why they do the whole "star Hunter is out basically beating the hell out of EVERYTHING that could show up in the Ancient Forest", giving Geralt a clear path to deal with the Leshen.

So he tosses the money our Hunter's way. Which, the zenny could as easily be bits of copper or lesser metals the way our pennies, nickels, dimes, etc are. It's a respect thing from one Hunter to another, as it were. You helped out, even if it was story only, and Geralt was showing that.

Ooooor they could've just had your hunter get the money from the hunts they were allegedly doing and not have Geralt give us his share.
Mixer of Mega Dash Juices, slayer of giant monsters.
Self-proclaimed leader of the Tri Hards. http://tinyurl.com/y8s94446

User Info: SinExDeath

SinExDeath
4 weeks ago#12
You have the option to refuse payment for completing side quests in The Witcher 3, Geralt handing the zenny over is a part of that. Should've been an option though.
Asketh Ky to Sol, "Heaven or Hell?" and Sol, being of Gear did say "Let's Rock."
Roman Cancels 1:14

User Info: prsboys

prsboys
4 weeks ago#13
To clarify to get the attack jewel you have to clear all the side quests during the assignment.
Which is really easy except for keeping Pukei alive.
Hello peoples it is Prsboys and how I wish I had a taco

User Info: Great_Khan

Great_Khan
4 weeks ago#14
prsboys posted...
To clarify to get the attack jewel you have to clear all the side quests during the assignment.

No only Pukei Pukei, you don't need to do the grunkalunka quest. Just Pukei. Doing everything at once just gets you some guild card titles.

User Info: moseph187

moseph187
4 weeks ago#15
Great_Khan posted...
prsboys posted...

No only Pukei Pukei, you don't need to do the grunkalunka quest. Just Pukei. Doing everything at once just gets you some guild card titles.
This. I’ve got the deco on 5 hunters and have never done the gajalaka quest.
PSN:Mosephson and my 2nd PSN:LittleWingHunter Hunting Horn videos
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLSOTtIg16QCnEtAFevm5In4E2etGHH7t

User Info: finalfaw

finalfaw
4 weeks ago#16
I think the Witcher just didn't fit quite right, Like I get it, the common connection is there both worlds characters hunt monsters, but thats about it.

It's kinda like putting sushi into ice cream, they both have something in common being food items, but you probably shouldn't put them together (for the record I do know octopus ink ice cream exists and I wish it didn't)

Also I have three major issues with the whole thing, 1 it should of been your hunter fighting the Leshen with Geralt doing backup support with his Igni, 2, Leshens stupid bird field and bird spam attack, and 3 Leshen alway teleporting to a corner then using his root shield making him impossible to get to if you used Igni at any point beforehand.
Begone, this is not for your brains.

User Info: Elmdor043

Elmdor043
4 weeks ago#17
I don't think anyone thinks either version is a well designed fight so you're not alone. A lot of late monsters can knock you down with every hit, but Leshen is the king with it's bird and homing root spam, it's a prettt annoying fight.

User Info: Stir_Friday

Stir_Friday
4 weeks ago#18
Sirk posted...
finalfaw posted...
Also does Geralt not figure that the Zenni he is offered might not be worth much as legal tender, but seeing as we don't see what Zenni looks like it might be actual gold

Yeah, many of the plot points surrounding this quest are questionable. Geralt is a gritty, hardened bounty hunter but he just gives up currency that is probably made of precious metal because, "aww shucks guys, I'm just full of good will!"

But yeah, it's pretty well known about the Pukei-Pukei sidequest, since pretty much the first hour after the quest premiered. But a little reminder never hurt anybody.

Geralt does have an altruistic side.
Who doesn't like stir fry?

User Info: finalfaw

finalfaw
3 weeks ago#19
Yeah he does, and you kind of get it with the fact that for once, nobody treats him with distrust or fear in the MH universe, because he is in a world where hunting monsters is a Highly respected one, in The Witcher universe he saves places from utterly horrifying fates and creatures and gets no respect, in MH universe he simply mentions he hunts monsters where he comes from and everyone is like "cool, we can will provide whatever you need" and everyone refers to him with clear respect because he conducts himself as a professional.

I still don't think he fits very well into MH though, but I get it.
Begone, this is not for your brains.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Leshen Trick I did not know about (during the Geralt quest)
  • Topic Archived