• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Leshen Trick I did not know about (during the Geralt quest)

User Info: finalfaw

finalfaw
1 month ago#1
I just found out that there is a Pukei-Pukei you can rescue from some roots where you find them, and if you do so, it will actually help you in the fight against the Leshen, it even gets healed by lifepowders, and one of Leshens weaknesses is poison.

I did nt know about this and decided to post it up incase others did not too.
Begone, this is not for your brains.

User Info: Wasabi_Syn

Wasabi_Syn
1 month ago#2
You also get an attack jewel if you can keep Pukei-pukei alive for the fight. Only works on the first try, though.
PSN & NNID: WasabiSyn
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5580-8486-4216

finalfaw
1 month ago#3
Figured that out seeing as they made the Pukei-Pukei weak as all hell, It died like five minutes into the final bit even with me throwing lifepowders about

finalfaw
1 month ago#4
Also does Geralt not figure that the Zenni he is offered might not be worth much as legal tender, but seeing as we don't see what Zenni looks like it might be actual gold

finalfaw
1 month ago#5
I can actualy just imagine Geralt getting back to his home world then finding a loose Zenni coin in his pokcet and going "Holy s*** this is pure platinum!" then grumble he just threw away riches.

finalfaw
1 month ago#6
@Wasabi_Syn

By the way, I'm pretty sure I'v been on a hunt with you before, your name seems familiar.

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
1 month ago#7
finalfaw posted...
Also does Geralt not figure that the Zenni he is offered might not be worth much as legal tender, but seeing as we don't see what Zenni looks like it might be actual gold

Yeah, many of the plot points surrounding this quest are questionable. Geralt is a gritty, hardened bounty hunter but he just gives up currency that is probably made of precious metal because, "aww shucks guys, I'm just full of good will!"

But yeah, it's pretty well known about the Pukei-Pukei sidequest, since pretty much the first hour after the quest premiered. But a little reminder never hurt anybody.
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

User Info: jagger_wanderer

jagger_wanderer
1 month ago#8
I never played Witcher 3 so do tell. From the little bits of video I seen, Geralt wouldn't be helping out empty handed nor would he give out magical tailsman to random strangers. Not to mention letting that little nicker live in the Research Base.
"People's opinion are like chains, they can pull you along or hold you down." Commander, MHW

User Info: Jeannie13

Jeannie13
1 month ago#9
He left the Zenny.
Hardest Platinum to Date - Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
PSN: RPGamer13, Twitch: JeannieLuv

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
1 month ago#10
I suppose they were going for the fact that "our" Hunter was doing Witcher-ish work while Geralt was doing his thing. That's why they do the whole "star Hunter is out basically beating the hell out of EVERYTHING that could show up in the Ancient Forest", giving Geralt a clear path to deal with the Leshen.

So he tosses the money our Hunter's way. Which, the zenny could as easily be bits of copper or lesser metals the way our pennies, nickels, dimes, etc are. It's a respect thing from one Hunter to another, as it were. You helped out, even if it was story only, and Geralt was showing that.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye." ~~ PSN: CrysisZephyr
~~~No Damage Kulve~~~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgTQtBM-lsU
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Leshen Trick I did not know about (during the Geralt quest)
  • Topic Archived