• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What weapon do you guys recommend for a beginner?

User Info: Apalachicola

Apalachicola
1 month ago#21
CaoSlayer posted...
Gunlance is great.

Has the big shield of a lance and focusing in shells you dont need rare decos to make it work and ignores hitzones that is the hardest thing early.

I got two different walkthroughs (one for normal, other with wide and long) from HR1 to 50.

As an aside, I’m having a hard time going back to GL after getting a Taroth Assault Glutton. It’s wide shelling on crack.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
1 month ago#22
Apalachicola posted...
CaoSlayer posted...
Gunlance is great.

Has the big shield of a lance and focusing in shells you dont need rare decos to make it work and ignores hitzones that is the hardest thing early.

I got two different walkthroughs (one for normal, other with wide and long) from HR1 to 50.

As an aside, I’m having a hard time going back to GL after getting a Taroth Assault Glutton. It’s wide shelling on crack.

I had this problem with a lot of melee weapons after using LS 900+ times.

I was always thinking "this thing would have been dead 3 min ago if I had my LS"

Hard to give up that dps.

User Info: Enclosure

Enclosure
1 month ago#23
Apalachicola posted...
CaoSlayer posted...
Gunlance is great.

More damage but negligible health regen.
http://imgur.com/wNyX55h.jpg

User Info: Apalachicola

Apalachicola
1 month ago#24
DarxWingDuck posted...
Apalachicola posted...
CaoSlayer posted...
Gunlance is great.

I had this problem with a lot of melee weapons after using LS 900+ times.

I was always thinking "this thing would have been dead 3 min ago if I had my LS"

Hard to give up that dps.

LS is a a nice medium weapon. Much slower options, much faster ones.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.

User Info: RoadRollerGuy

RoadRollerGuy
1 month ago#25
Sword and shield all the way. The manliest weapon of all.
People died when they were killed. --Logic Man

User Info: Astragon

Astragon
1 month ago#26
Great Sword.

You have only one real worthwhile move, the draw to lvl3 charge. The rest of the time you’re running around the monster looking at its moveset and observing openings.

Later on you can move onto the playstyle focusing on shoulder-bash-cancelling true charge spam as more advanced play.

But as a new player, learning monster movesets is most critical.
"When roughly half of a gaming board uses hacks in the game that board is about, something is obviously wrong with that game."

User Info: Optimist_Pryme

Optimist_Pryme
1 month ago#27
One thing I forgot to say in my post yesterday that I was thinking...

I *REALLY* wish this game allowed the equipping of two weapons, one close-up melee and one farther-away ranged.

Several of the melee weapons in this seem really good, but if monster is running around quickly or you get circled by multiple monsters, at least IMHO, effectiveness goes way down - at least when solo. In groups have multiple players/weapons so no big deal.

Be nice if game had option to detect when player is solo, and when so, allow use of slotted secondary weapon... it'd be awesome to slash up close with long sword or sword/shield or even dual blades and then when farther away be able to switch over to heavy or light bowgun or even just the bow itself.

Anywho... #JustSaying ;)
No dream is too big, no challenge too great, nothing we want for our future is beyond our reach. When somebody challenges you, fight back; be brutal, be tough.

User Info: CaoSlayer

CaoSlayer
1 month ago#28
Apalachicola posted...
CaoSlayer posted...
Gunlance is great.

I very much doubt they will left HBG as is on Iceborn. I would learn a sidearm just in case.

The good point of gunlance at least is that defense and healing are much better and would be easier to survive if HBG didn't stunlocked everything.
youtube.com/caoslayer
All Gunlance Videos. Builds, Walkthrough, Naked Runs, and explosions, lots of explosions.

User Info: tiathecat

tiathecat
1 month ago#29
Astragon posted...
Great Sword.

You have only one real worthwhile move, the draw to lvl3 charge. The rest of the time you’re running around the monster looking at its moveset and observing openings.

Later on you can move onto the playstyle focusing on shoulder-bash-cancelling true charge spam as more advanced play.

But as a new player, learning monster movesets is most critical.

Wrong game. True charge spam isn't advanced at all tbh, it is really all anyone should be doing with a GS.
Look what's laying at our feet. That's the wreckage of broken dreams and burnt out halos and it's here on our street.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What weapon do you guys recommend for a beginner?
  • Topic Archived