• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What weapon do you guys recommend for a beginner?

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
2 months ago#11
Melfiice posted...
Thanks guys. Haven’t quite delved into this game yet but looking forward to it.

Hoontng is fun.
Except in Clinics. With wolves.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I prefer casual games. Let's play! [I fear vacuums and the ocean and I'm a Scrublord. I suck!]

User Info: Limelol

Limelol
2 months ago#12
Become a Slinger main and your fans (teammates) will never stop talking about you.
"That is so fetch!"

User Info: EwokCommanda

EwokCommanda
2 months ago#13
Limelol posted...
Become a Slinger main and your fans (teammates) will never stop talking about you.

Slinger is OP, that's why.
EwokCommanda, Enigma, Wahooka, Skarr, and R-110 (and similars).

User Info: Dingydang166

Dingydang166
2 months ago#14
I feel like starting out with Lance is a bad idea. Blocking everything is a REALLY bad habit.

User Info: FroMan

FroMan
2 months ago#15
Dual Blades is very beginner friendly weapon. All you have to do is stay in demon mode, then stay stuck to the monster demon furry dancing your way to victory, pressing O to stay stuck underneath the monster as he moves around. You'll be surprised by how many attacks miss you outright, it's hard to bite something that's camped up under your chin.

People like to say dual blades require "stamina management" but that's a bit of an overstatement. You just keep spamming your blade dance until you notice it's only doing a few strikes instead of a dozen, just press R2 again and rinse and repeat.
There's now a board for discussing all things YouTube.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1323-youtube-general

User Info: Behemothshell

Behemothshell
2 months ago#16
Hit the training room and try them all. Follow story progression until tobi, take his optional quest a few times with your top picks. Him and anja made me pick between a weapon I thought I was good with and a weapon that just clicked. Got some core mechanics and went back to try the other weapons for more fun. I mained lbg after starting sns, bounced across all the weapons for fun, now started over maining hh because I didn't grasp it at all 1st time and to push that sad 1% up a little.

The weapon I can't run is cb. I like the aesthetics, can't work the tedious charge system and read the monsters... I just can't multi task that thing.

User Info: Great_Khan

Great_Khan
2 months ago#17
Yeah have others have said, try and do at least one hunt with everything unless something feels amazing, don't just trust the star ratings on the recommendations. I found LS really awkward initially while it was the IG which really clicked and was my first "hell yeah moment" because it's fast yet still rangey.

User Info: Optimist_Pryme

Optimist_Pryme
2 months ago#18
I started with gunlance because it reminded me of *something* (GUNBLADES FTW!!), anywho was really slow and kinda clunky. Now I'm using light bowgun and loving it; can also mod bowguns, light and heavy, at forge.

Since I play solo, light bowgun, with long range mod, gives me the mobility to stick & move, dodge/roll/evade well, and not get hit too often.

Some battles may get long and tedious, but well worth that trade off for the better survivability. :)
No dream is too big, no challenge too great, nothing we want for our future is beyond our reach. When somebody challenges you, fight back; be brutal, be tough.

User Info: Apalachicola

Apalachicola
2 months ago#19
I found lance to be a good learner weapon - being able to block was useful in learning monster movements.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.

User Info: CaoSlayer

CaoSlayer
2 months ago#20
Gunlance is great.

Has the big shield of a lance and focusing in shells you dont need rare decos to make it work and ignores hitzones that is the hardest thing early.

I got two different walkthroughs (one for normal, other with wide and long) from HR1 to 50.
youtube.com/caoslayer
All Gunlance Videos. Builds, Walkthrough, Naked Runs, and explosions, lots of explosions.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What weapon do you guys recommend for a beginner?
  • Topic Archived