• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. AT Nergigante is a very fun fight

User Info: Limelol

Limelol
1 month ago#31
Semeki posted...
Limelol posted...
Anony1125 posted...
So what do you do when he knocks you over then dive bombs you as you get up?

Stay laying down and time your get up. You have i-frames when getting up.

No. After it quick dive bombs you it often times hover in the air for a punch on its next move. Those i-frames aren't long enough to last both attacks. Get up, after the quick dive bomb

I thought he was referring to getting knocked down by the new attack into a normal dive bomb.
"That is so fetch!"

User Info: Semeki

Semeki
1 month ago#32
Limelol posted...
Semeki posted...
Limelol posted...
Anony1125 posted...

No. After it quick dive bombs you it often times hover in the air for a punch on its next move. Those i-frames aren't long enough to last both attacks. Get up, after the quick dive bomb

I thought he was referring to getting knocked down by the new attack into a normal dive bomb.

Oh s*** I'm in the wrong whoops.
The darkest shadows are cast by the brightest light.

User Info: Lewkis

Lewkis
1 month ago#33
Semeki posted...

I think you confused it with the big claw-swipe that sends you flying. He almost always follows that up with the hover-punch-slam. I *hate* when I get caught by that.

User Info: Limelol

Limelol
1 month ago#34
Semeki posted...
Limelol posted...
Semeki posted...
Limelol posted...
Anony1125 posted...

I think I might be wrong, anyways. If you get knocked down, you should have plenty of time to get up and power dive away if he uses his regular dive bomb, due to the mini-roar before it.

I haven't seen him use both back-to-back, so I'm only assuming that he'll still roar in this scenario.
"That is so fetch!"

User Info: Igueseous

Igueseous
1 month ago#35
I meant the one where he jumps and slams his paw down. If you just stay on the ground, and if he has spikes on his face, you get up just in time to eat said spikes.

Maybe I misunderstoon what attack people were talking about

User Info: Fexus65

Fexus65
1 month ago#36
I definitely enjoy the vibe from the new music, for both the fight and victory. Hadn't played in a couple months, but still managed to SA clear him first try with one cart near the end. (stayed on the ground out of habit before floaty slam which is the wrong choice with AT!)

I'd say the instant slam spin-out feels rather out of place, since there's not much you can do to see it coming or avoid it without a shield. But it doesn't one-shot, so it's not the worst thing. And I mean, I only hunted one so far, perhaps I'm missing a subtle telegraph.
3DS FC: 2019-9686-2812

User Info: nuke2099

nuke2099
1 month ago#37
Fexus65 posted...
I definitely enjoy the vibe from the new music, for both the fight and victory. Hadn't played in a couple months, but still managed to SA clear him first try with one cart near the end. (stayed on the ground out of habit before floaty slam which is the wrong choice with AT!)

I'd say the instant slam spin-out feels rather out of place, since there's not much you can do to see it coming or avoid it without a shield. But it doesn't one-shot, so it's not the worst thing. And I mean, I only hunted one so far, perhaps I'm missing a subtle telegraph.

So I checked to see if there is a tell and there is but there's no wind up after and the timing is extremely short. Unless you're prepared to block or foresight through it you will get hit.

The tell is when it puts it's front right arm forward and then instantly executes the move. My Nerg was doing something I haven't seen in anyone else's footage yet. It was spamming 2-3 of them back to back for some reason which was highly annoying.
Gamertag: Nuke2099

User Info: Anony1125

Anony1125
1 month ago#38
Igueseous posted...
I meant the one where he jumps and slams his paw down. If you just stay on the ground, and if he has spikes on his face, you get up just in time to eat said spikes.

Maybe I misunderstoon what attack people were talking about

Yes, this is what I was talking about. Sorry about the misunderstanding, what with calling it a dive bomb. Hover punch it is. I guess I'll try to get up sooner, but when I tried that before it felt like the move was sped up to adjust to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu_E8Sq8DtQ
Feeling really good.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. AT Nergigante is a very fun fight
  • Topic Archived