• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Is Taroth Sword "Fire" still viable ?

User Info: MegalaserLAWS

MegalaserLAWS
3 weeks ago#21
Ksd outdamages reaver calamity by a fairly decent margin when the absence of using max might is counted in. I'm not sure at what hitzone tsf and ksd tie(if it's .1 or point .15) but ties always go to ksd instead of tsf because of ksd requiring zero max might which leads to more dps after foresight slashes.

User Info: UndyingStick

UndyingStick
3 weeks ago#22
MegalaserLAWS posted...
Ksd outdamages reaver calamity by a fairly decent margin when the absence of using max might is counted in. I'm not sure at what hitzone tsf and ksd tie(if it's .1 or point .15) but ties always go to ksd instead of tsf because of ksd requiring zero max might which leads to more dps after foresight slashes.

You are absolutely correct. I knew I forgot something and it was the most important part, lol. I haven't been playing lately due to Sekiro so I typed most of it through memory.

You can also just attack straight after a roll without having to worry about stamina regen.

User Info: MegalaserLAWS

MegalaserLAWS
3 weeks ago#23
UndyingStick posted...
MegalaserLAWS posted...

You are absolutely correct. I knew I forgot something and it was the most important part, lol. I haven't been playing lately due to Sekiro so I typed most of it through memory.

You can also just attack straight after a roll without having to worry about stamina regen.

Is sekiro truly awesome or should I wait for a sale? I've waited this long already.

User Info: MeowMixMax

MeowMixMax
3 weeks ago#24
Sekiro is short with not much replay value or build variety, but the world, combat, aesthetic, and boss fights are all amazing.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/MeowMixMax
IGN: Makoto / HR:999 MH4U

User Info: UndyingStick

UndyingStick
3 weeks ago#25
MegalaserLAWS posted...
UndyingStick posted...
MegalaserLAWS posted...

Is sekiro truly awesome or should I wait for a sale? I've waited this long already.

If you like the overall setting, I would highly recommend it. Also, take a look at the combat a bit to see if you like it - I love how fast paced and personal it is compared to other souls games.

In the end, it's a bit of a different experience than what we're used to get from From - but I really like the game.

User Info: Antari18

Antari18
3 weeks ago#26
Placid01 posted...
Level_99_E-Girl posted...
Forgetting about Kjarr Decay.
I mentioned the raths. Who else would you use kjarr decay against? Uragaan?

Deadly wrong. The funny thing is Decay outdamages it not only on dragon weak monsters but also others. It's more optimal that TSF. It's the same story as it was with Calamity Reaver and Divine Slasher relation. Divine Slasher became obsolete when Drahen got introduced and Calamity gained unlimited white with 100% aff.

Also there's no point in assuming you won't keep up PP. Going by the same logic you can't keep up white sharpness on Divine Slasher which has the most pathetic lenght of white with huge handicraft investment. Why? Because to do so you have to hit weakspots perfectly. With PP based weapons like Decay or TSF it doesn't matter where you hit to keep PP up. Just hit it anywhere and health augment will heal you up to full. It's better for noobs and everyone else.

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
3 weeks ago#27
Antari18 posted...
Also there's no point in assuming you won't keep up PP. Going by the same logic you can't keep up white sharpness on Divine Slasher which has the most pathetic lenght of white with huge handicraft investment. Why? Because to do so you have to hit weakspots perfectly.

Not really. It is pretty easy to hit weak points the vast majority of the time. The same isn't true of PP in a some situations. You have things like the mist in the vale or enemies with chip damage auras.

PP should really be changed to work as long as you have over 90 to 95 % health to make it usable against things with chip damage auras and to stop the "activated, deactivate, activated . . ." spam messages.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
3 weeks ago#28
Rhiethreal posted...
Antari18 posted...
Also there's no point in assuming you won't keep up PP. Going by the same logic you can't keep up white sharpness on Divine Slasher which has the most pathetic lenght of white with huge handicraft investment. Why? Because to do so you have to hit weakspots perfectly.

Not really. It is pretty easy to hit weak points the vast majority of the time. The same isn't true of PP in a some situations. You have things like the mist in the vale or enemies with chip damage auras.

PP should really be changed to work as long as you have over 90 to 95 % health to make it usable against things with chip damage auras and to stop the "activated, deactivate, activated . . ." spam messages.

I agree with this... assuming PP will be active is a major false assumption in some cases.
Fire and heat make PP a liability against Teo and Luna.

Most players will see better results using the reaver calamity build over kjarr decay imo.

User Info: Placid01

Placid01
3 weeks ago#29
So let's agree: PP and MM both require ideal conditions that will fail you when you need them most. If you're an all-or-nothing risky player, you might not care. But if you want to be reliable when the going gets tough, you can't count on them.

Then let's start over: Which weapons would you use against tough opponents that actually fight back? If you need to specify which tough opponents, say which ones. Don't just blindly assume you will never get hit and the opponent will always present you with an easy weak zone. (Notice I didn't say which weapons I prefer. I'm interested in hearing the answers.)

Speed runners fight a monster 10, 20, 100 times. Then they post the video of the one time everything worked. They're good, but it seldom happens that way.

User Info: Enclosure

Enclosure
3 weeks ago#30
I basically run TSF with PP swapped out for health boost.
http://imgur.com/wNyX55h.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Is Taroth Sword "Fire" still viable ?
  • Topic Archived