• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Is Taroth Sword "Fire" still viable ?

User Info: myo412

myo412
1 month ago#1
Compare with ATKT new long swords which have crit element ? Or Taroth Sword “Fire” is still a meta weapon ?

User Info: TrueArchery

TrueArchery
1 month ago#2
Viable is a poor choice of words.

Anyways, it's still the best option against a lot of monsters and very good in general, assuming you can keep Peak Performance up. Kjarr Decay outdamages it vs dragon-weak monsters. Like 15 or 20+ hitzones iirc. Generally speaking, the others aren't strong enough to compete.

Calamity Reaver and Divine Slasher are still great and better than both of these respectively if you can't keep PP up.

User Info: Enclosure

Enclosure
1 month ago#3
TrueArchery posted...
Calamity Reaver and Divine Slasher are still great and better than both of these respectively if you can't keep PP up.

I dunno. I feel like if you aren't able to keep PP up, you're probably at the level where you can't consistently hit weak points either, in which case TFS's long white helps a bunch again.
http://imgur.com/wNyX55h.jpg

User Info: Placid01

Placid01
1 month ago#4
"Viable" is the wrong word. TSF is still one of the best long swords in the game. Jho and DS are the other two. Pick your favorite. Your choice might depend on details like whether you want effluvial resist, heat guard, or PP.

Kjarr are the best elemental LSs, which isn't saying much. If you can reliably land helmsplitters (unreliable for me, but probably easy for a LS main), you're usually better off with one of the above three because helmsplitter's elemental damage is nerfed.

LS only gets 1.25x elemental crits instead of quicker weapons' 1.35x. That should tell you that elemental LSs will only be situational, even at their best.

The exceptions probably include the raths (weak to dragon) and maybe KT (weak to thunder & ice). But I'm not even sure there's much advantage vs. those.

User Info: Level_99_E-Girl

Level_99_E-Girl
1 month ago#5
Placid01 posted...
TSF is still one of the best long swords in the game. Jho and DS are the other two.

Forgetting about Kjarr Decay.
Boosted Support main :^)

User Info: Placid01

Placid01
1 month ago#6
Level_99_E-Girl posted...
I mentioned the raths. Who else would you use kjarr decay against? Uragaan?

User Info: myo412

myo412
1 month ago#7
Wow thanks for the infos !!!

User Info: Level_99_E-Girl

Level_99_E-Girl
1 month ago#8
Placid01 posted...
Level_99_E-Girl posted...
I mentioned the raths. Who else would you use kjarr decay against? Uragaan?

Was just saying that it is also one of the options if somehow you manage to get the Decay and not TSF, if RNG manages to both shine on you and totally f*** you, is all.
Boosted Support main :^)

User Info: MegalaserLAWS

MegalaserLAWS
1 month ago#9
Kjarr sword decay, kjarr sword fire, kjarr sword magma, and taroth sword fire is the combination that will get you the max dps throughout the game and kjarr sword fire is very niche in its use.
If you want three swords get ksm, ksd, and tsf. Tsf is for dragon hit zone ten and below. Ksm is for kush, Luna, other blast weak monsters, and non master's touch sets. Ksd is for above ten dragon hitzones. Ksf is good for vaal,kirin, and leshen.

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
1 month ago#10
I have the following LS's with augments:
Divine Slasher
Reaver Calamity
Luna/Styx
Luna/Blaze
Taroth Sword "Fire"
Kjarr Sword "Magma"
Kjarr Sword "Decay"

If I could only have 1 LS, it would be the Taroth Sword "Fire"

Decay has a meta build that marginally beats the meta build for TSF... but seriously, unless you're trying to legitimately speed run, you're not missing out on anything if you don't have Decay. Plus the TSF has more white sharpness which is more QoL.

Personally... I still like use Reaver Calamity more than any other LS. The build isn't dependent on peak performance activation to put out great damage and it has plenty of white sharpness... the TSF just has more flexibility for various builds.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Is Taroth Sword "Fire" still viable ?
  • Topic Archived