• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Destiny_Breaker

Destiny_Breaker
4 weeks ago#1
Yeah I'm here asking for help again lol. Don't the normal leshen quest and while I'm sure my failure was a direct result of it being hard to see him in the forest at night any tips would help.

I tried both bow and Insect Glaive as those are my best weapons but I can do gun Lance enough to not completely suck at it. Any suggestions. Insect Glaive was good just had a very hard time getting red extract.

I know about stunning him with flash pods and using fire spell against him. I also know that supposively ignis(?) kills the jagras in one hit which I call bs on. Just trying to finish up some missions on the way to HR 50. Thanks for any help.
FC: 3050-7579-7642. Add me if you want

User Info: Great_Khan

Great_Khan
4 weeks ago#2
Igni does kill the jaggies in one hit, but it also is a free stun for hundreds of damage on the leshen and I think that's more valuable. Flashing is probably more valuable Vs them as well as it knocks them out for a while, stunning them when they're bunched up around leshen can let you kill a lot of them with collateral damage while focusing on the main goal.

On a related note if you're going for this tactic high damage wide range weapons are handy, switch axe has the most wide sweeps making it the best weapon for landing hits on the jagras while not aiming for them, while a GS can one shot them meaning you need less collateral hits.

Go mount crazy, he's got a low mount resistance and it doesn't go up very fast, it's not hard to land 4 in a single battle, again with the SA this is a doozy since its mounted discharge is one of the better finishers in the game and it'll leave you with a fully charged phial, meaning the damage you can inflict once he's stunned and down is extremely high.

Don't forget to visit a camp to stock up on life powder and the armour seeds, there's enough seeds to use in every encounter

Destiny_Breaker
4 weeks ago#3
Great_Khan posted...
Igni does kill the jaggies in one hit, but it also is a free stun for hundreds of damage on the leshen and I think that's more valuable. Flashing is probably more valuable Vs them as well as it knocks them out for a while, stunning them when they're bunched up around leshen can let you kill a lot of them with collateral damage while focusing on the main goal.

On a related note if you're going for this tactic high damage wide range weapons are handy, switch axe has the most wide sweeps making it the best weapon for landing hits on the jagras while not aiming for them, while a GS can one shot them meaning you need less collateral hits.

Go mount crazy, he's got a low mount resistance and it doesn't go up very fast, it's not hard to land 4 in a single battle, again with the SA this is a doozy since its mounted discharge is one of the better finishers in the game and it'll leave you with a fully charged phial, meaning the damage you can inflict once he's stunned and down is extremely high.

Don't forget to visit a camp to stock up on life powder and the armour seeds, there's enough seeds to usel

I have never used switch axe. Open to it but I would be very ineffective with it. Thought about great sword though. I might give both a try just to see. I will try ignis again because it work on lechen but I swear it did nothing to the jagras and I am hoping to be wrong about that.

User Info: Semeki

Semeki
4 weeks ago#4
I used GS on it. Bow really more for accuracy and precision which would be great if you were only handling Leshen 1 on 1. But you're not.

GS has that wide sweep move, makes mounts easier on Leshen (about 2 mounts), and you can tackle through its vines. Listen closely to its grunts and such. Also its considered the fastest sheath weapon for when you need to heal pukei.

If you're not confident on tackles. You can always do the hit and run tatic in the mean time igni is ready than TCS, usually can only do 2 charges or tackle tackle TCS.
The darkest shadows are cast by the brightest light.

User Info: Great_Khan

Great_Khan
4 weeks ago#5
Destiny_Breaker posted...
Great_Khan posted...

Don't forget to visit a camp to stock up on life powder and the armour seeds, there's enough seeds to usel

I have never used switch axe. Open to it but I would be very ineffective with it. Thought about great sword though. I might give both a try just to see. I will try ignis again because it work on lechen but I swear it did nothing to the jagras and I am hoping to be wrong about that.

It's a pretty simple weapon to use, main tricks are O over and over if you're in axe mode and don't have a sword bar since its fast and is all sweeps. O to R2 is the most damaging transform move, carries a long distance and is a big spin to win so it's a great move for hitting hordes of enemies. In sword mode without charge TTOO then side hop is the fastest way to gain it, but TTO side hop looped is the best damage output and what you should be doing post mounts. The element discharge (T+O) is insanely cool but a big danger since you're not immune to damage, so he can hit you with his one shot burst if you're unlucky. Still a good move to go for if the phial bar is flashing and your sword mode is low since it hits for like 250 damage and switches back to axe automatically.

But maybe try the GS if you've got some experience with it, shoulder bash to your heart's content.

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
4 weeks ago#6
Great_Khan posted...
TTOO then side hop is the fastest way to gain it

"(When sheathed)R2, O, O → hop" is what you want to be using.

Great_Khan posted...
TTO side hop looped is the best damage output

"T/R2, T, T, O" looped is best, and there is no need for a hop after the O. A hop is only needed if you use "O, O".

You'll probably only get this after he goes down or you hit him with Igni though. Most of the time, you're better off just landing a poke or two then fade slashing away.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

Destiny_Breaker
4 weeks ago#7
Best him with the sword and shield. He is definitely not easy to combo unless stunned. I don't know of I can get the side quest done also because it's very hard for me. But I guess I could learn to block more and not be greedy with my attacks. Thanks but the slower weapons just don't work for me yet.

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
4 weeks ago#8
Destiny_Breaker posted...
He is definitely not easy to combo unless stunned. I don't know of I can get the side quest done also because it's very hard for me.

Weapons with wide sweeps work best. The side quests are easier to do after you know you can rush through dialog and know where they are located so you can skip the unnecessary parts of the quest.

Mashing "O" will let you rush through dialog, and you skip talking to the Handler and go straight to where the G-Cat leader is instead, for example. (If you can't find the location on your own, open the map and set a marker on the giant Vigor wasp.)
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
4 weeks ago#9
Rhiethreal posted...
Mashing "O" will let you rush through dialog, and you skip talking to the Handler and go straight to where the G-Cat leader is instead, for example.

A note on this: sometimes, for reasons completely unknown to me, it is possible to hold down O and the dialog will be skipped at a slightly faster rate. Test it out at the beginning of the dialog. Either way, mashing O does the job pretty quickly anyway.

TC: Which weapon classes have you used so far in the game? I found S&S very difficult against Leshen, even though its stats for the quest were very generous.
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

Destiny_Breaker
4 weeks ago#10
I have beat him 3 times I used switch axe as suggested. I still haven't finished the Puki side quest. Puki is the impossible to keep alive in that small area I have to fight in.

Other weapons I play with is bow, insect glaive, and gunlance to a degree.
  • Topic Archived