• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Do people still Crown Hunt?

User Info: Rayanson

Rayanson
2 months ago#1
Mainly for ED's? Because I got plat on this game and I think I should re-share my method to get crowns, to help
Who reads these anyway

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
2 months ago#2
I don't. But then, I don't care about PS trophies or the like. They just seem sort of meaningless to me.

I have never really actively sought crowns in World. Just sort of take what the game gives me.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye."
PSN: CrysisZephyr ~~~R.I.P - Burt Reynolds (9/6/18)~~~

User Info: Akubarix

Akubarix
2 months ago#3
I didn't, but now that I'm roughly 5 or so crowns in both directions I do. Luckily, outside of EDs, I'm only missing Pukei, Tobi and Black Diablos for 2S and 1L crown respectively.
Lao on the streets. Rajang in the sheets.
R.I.P. Chrome Razor. 2004-2018

User Info: noizedemon

noizedemon
2 months ago#4
SilverHawke27 posted...
I don't. But then, I don't care about PS trophies or the like. They just seem sort of meaningless to me.

I have never really actively sought crowns in World. Just sort of take what the game gives me.

that was my attitude until I got only 2 more crowns to go. then, I actually started hunting the crowns, meaning that doing the steel dragon and black diablos hunts only until I got them. I got the plat finally after semi trying.

I know people can be really obsessive about those trophies. but hey, they are just trophies, no need to lose sleep over them.
https://psnprofiles.com/FacistJockGlitch
https://soundcloud.com/noizedemon

User Info: Semeki

Semeki
2 months ago#5
Um... yes... well... its complicated
I have everything on my main, you see. And I also have a sub secondary account, on that 2nd account I still do crowns even though there is no point since I made this to go through the game again for fun. ... but crown hunting is fun especially the events because I get to fight multiple monsters in one quest rather than 1-2 per quest (investigation are hardly more than 2-4) and there is variety. I still enjoy fighting monsters like Tobachi, Yakus (even if they die easily), dodo, etc.
I'll even jump in on B./Diablos investigations, I did always like their designs and such.

Elders do get a bit stale tbh. We only have what? 5? Conpared to the other 20 so normal ones.
The darkest shadows are cast by the brightest light.

User Info: blazerMFT

blazerMFT
2 months ago#6
Yes, I'm actively spamming crown quests for them at the moment (Effluvial Opera, Deep Green Hues, etc.) when they do come up on the events. I have to check which ones I still don't have but I think there's still a handful I'm missing for the trophies.
Member of CMWABME
Awesomeness Redefined

User Info: DeusMortem

DeusMortem
2 months ago#7
I do! Mostly play events and kill the ones I need and pick return from quest afterwards. EDs are f***ing annoying though. Only have Teo cleared there.
I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space -- were it not that I have bad dreams ...

User Info: Rayanson

Rayanson
2 months ago#8
You guys should try making group hunts with cluster and focus on 2S1G (2 silver 1 gold) investigations, they definitely gave me most of my crowns, try to save scum them too, I got both crowns for Kirin from the same investigation as an exemple

You can cheese hunts in under 1 minute making it pretty easy to get crowns
Who reads these anyway

User Info: puffyfish

puffyfish
2 months ago#9
No, because there haven't been any new crowns since launch.

User Info: dcharms

dcharms
2 months ago#10
I've been gold crown hunting a lot lately. I still need one crown for Rathian, one for Diablos, one for Black Diablos, one for Kushala, and both for Kirin. It's so annoying not to have Rathian completed yet...
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Do people still Crown Hunt?
  • Topic Archived