• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. I thought GS was the most boring, clunky, slow, useless weapon out there...

User Info: 2Smug

2Smug
1 month ago#1
But I just discovered the shoulder tackle and it might be one of my favorite weapons. I'm sorry Greatsword users.

I can just shoulder tackle everything not super threatening, then unleash a slash that can split the planet in half as a follow up.

That said, for some reason, enraged Azure Rathalos f***s me up when I use this weapon. I think I need to learn the limits to shoulder tackle. But then again, thinking is for the weak. I'll just shoulder tackle it again!

User Info: Semeki

Semeki
1 month ago#2
Yeah, raths a predictable but 1 mistake punishes you hard with combos. Try to knock it down on the legs just be wary with his jump and poison claws.

GS is like tanking lol
The darkest shadows are cast by the brightest light.

User Info: Ecclesiastes273

Ecclesiastes273
1 month ago#3
I do miss the old "omae wa mou shindeiru" style of charging an attack four seconds before it connects, but there's nothing quite like shoulder checking a tempered Elder Dragon in the face or chest and knocking it down.
Stop reporting each other. Go post in other topics and chill. -spartan99ruler (Moderator)

User Info: FroMan

FroMan
1 month ago#4
I've heard how amzing the shoulder tackle can be, but whenever I try it out I find more often than not the monsters attack momentum carries them off center, if not outright behind me resulting in me whiffing my follow up charge strike by a mile :/
There's now a board for discussing all things YouTube.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1323-youtube-general

User Info: Enigma8th

Enigma8th
1 month ago#5
FroMan posted...
I've heard how amzing the shoulder tackle can be, but whenever I try it out I find more often than not the monsters attack momentum carries them off center, if not outright behind me resulting in me whiffing my follow up charge strike by a mile :/

in general, you'll want to roll after a tackle when the monster is out of slash range, whether if that's to return in standing position faster or to get the monster in slash range again. keep also in mind you can do tackle right after any roll with an unsheated GS

i might add that GS is one of those weapons that shines more solo for various reasons, like the lower stagger requirement, less chasing around and no monster reposition from sudden staggers caused by others
There was a HOLE here. It's gone now.

User Info: void_lily

void_lily
1 month ago#6
I've been a Greatsword main since MHFU, welcome to the club :)
Living monster of the night, you made me what I am today. You don't have to scream and shout, in this silent place

User Info: PopSmore

PopSmore
1 month ago#7
Get health augment on your gs of choice. Then tackle all day long and never worry about dying cuz then once youu slamming 300s to 700s on monstys you be full health all the time without using any potions

User Info: SwordsmanOrion

SwordsmanOrion
1 month ago#8
You can even shoulder tackle Teostra's Supernova.
"Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare."

User Info: Enclosure

Enclosure
1 month ago#9
Finishing off AT Lunestra with a TCS into a bunch of bombs feels nice.
http://imgur.com/wNyX55h.jpg

User Info: 2Smug

2Smug
1 month ago#10
I need to see a group of 4 people killing monsters with nothing but the tackle.

I also think we should be allowed to shoulder tackle projectiles back at the enemy.

SwordsmanOrion posted...
You can even shoulder tackle Teostra's Supernova.

This is the post I'll be referencing whenever my group wipes due to me shoulder tackling nukes. You opened this door, prepare your inbox.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. I thought GS was the most boring, clunky, slow, useless weapon out there...
  • Topic Archived