• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. So, I take it that I'm not supposed to be able to fight Behemoth yet?

User Info: Lewkis

Lewkis
1 month ago#11
2Smug posted...
I didn't know there were multiplayer bosses in this game.

It's only because of the crossover aspect. They wanted it to be full-on crossover: A boss for us that is designed for a party composition similar to FFXIV (even has an enmity mechanic for a tank). FFXIV got Rathalos, with MH style combat - No enmity and no target indicators.

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
1 month ago#12
Lewkis posted...
2Smug posted...
I didn't know there were multiplayer bosses in this game.

It's only because of the crossover aspect. They wanted it to be full-on crossover: A boss for us that is designed for a party composition similar to FFXIV (even has an enmity mechanic for a tank). FFXIV got Rathalos, with MH style combat - No enmity and no target indicators.

Yep, and ancient requires a group because a single player game has multiple jobs to fill in a grouping...

Wait...
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
1 month ago#13
Good luck TC...

For what it's worth, health boost 3 and wide range skills are highly recommended especially if you're just learning the quest.

Having said that... check out Luna armor, especially for melee weapons.

You'll want "minds eye" armor skill that comes with 4pc Luna armor as any attack to behemoth's body is an auto-bounce.

Learn the jump emote timing which allows you to survive ecliptic meteor without standing behind a comet.

There's a lot of other tips and suggestions but it looks like you're more into figuring this out on your own... I respect that for sure.

User Info: MachinE_

MachinE_
1 month ago#14
On my fresh pc playthrough I did him at 30 with randoms never carted, took a few hours to get a few winning groups but got it done. but I solod him on console so not really a fair comparison if you aren’t very familiar with his move set yet. I’d say augment all your armor first then yolo, HR doesn’t matter. you’ll only learn by trying. Watch some YouTube videos first to get a feel for his tells so you aren’t running in blind.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. So, I take it that I'm not supposed to be able to fight Behemoth yet?
  • Topic Archived