• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Suggestions for post game

User Info: MegalaserLAWS

MegalaserLAWS
2 months ago#11
Real life pagan rituals in order to appease the rng deities that rule over kulve taroth's rng pool. I would generally stick to goat heads on sticks and the consumption of uncooked pigs blood because the other pagan rituals I know of are generally illegal or carry high chances for stds. But maybe the deities above have picked up on my lack of conviction cause I still ain't got a kjarr sword decay.

User Info: Exo_Icarus

Exo_Icarus
2 months ago#12
Beat your head against the wall until RNG graces you with all decorations and KT weapons then shelf the game until Iceborne releases.
" Imagination is the essence of discovery. "

User Info: FroMan

FroMan
2 months ago#13
lol, "post game" :P

That's a silly term to use when talking about Monster Hunter. What you'd refer to as the "post-game", I'd argue is actually "the game". Everything pre-credit roll is just the tuturial. Think of it like Monster Hunter School, where they'll hold your hand for 20 or so hours giving you goals and objectives to get you comfortable with the complexities of it's various systems. The end game serves as it's finals. Make it to the end and you'll graduate, you'll have proven to the game you are competent and worthy of being a monster hunter, your training wheels will be taken off, the walls will come down, and you're set free to do what you please. A hunter doesn't hunt because he's driven to complete a series of checklists handed to him. A hunter is driven by the hunt itself.
There's now a board for discussing all things YouTube.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1323-youtube-general

User Info: Auron_Masamune

Auron_Masamune
2 months ago#14
FroMan posted...

That's a silly term to use when talking about Monster Hunter. What you'd refer to as the "post-game", I'd argue is actually "the game". Everything pre-credit roll is just the tuturial. Think of it like Monster Hunter School, where they'll hold your hand for 20 or so hours giving you goals and objectives to get you comfortable with the complexities of it's various systems. The end game serves as it's finals. Make it to the end and you'll graduate, you'll have proven to the game you are competent and worthy of being a monster hunter, your training wheels will be taken off, the walls will come down, and you're set free to do what you please. A hunter doesn't hunt because he's driven to complete a series of checklists handed to him. A hunter is driven by the hunt itself.

Well, If you "graduate" from MH school anything you do after that would be postgraduate. So anything after the game ends would be post-game.
"What you made will be unmade. What you learned will be unlearned. And when you're done, you will be undone."
- Ambassador Laquatus

User Info: FroMan

FroMan
2 months ago#15
Auron_Masamune posted...
FroMan posted...

Well, If you "graduate" from MH school anything you do after that would be postgraduate. So anything after the game ends would be post-game.

I'm a high school drop out, so my lack of knowledge on academia may have caused me to misspeak, but I stand by my analogy. You go to school to get ready for something else. You don't go to school because you want to be a graduate, you go to school because you want to be an engineer. You don't play the Monster Hunter campaign because you want to "beat" Monster Hunter, you play the campaign so you can begin infinitely grinding for gear without the restrictions and limitations the career is putting on you.
There's now a board for discussing all things YouTube.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1323-youtube-general

User Info: Auron_Masamune

Auron_Masamune
2 months ago#16
FroMan posted...
You go to school to get ready for something else. You don't go to school because you want to be a graduate, you go to school because you want to be an engineer. You don't play the Monster Hunter campaign because you want to "beat" Monster Hunter, you play the campaign so you can begin infinitely grinding for gear without the restrictions and limitations the career is putting on you.

True, but after you get your bachelor (as per your example in Engineering) you could/would go get your Masters or Doctorate.
So MH before post would be like getting your Bachelor and after would be like getting your Master.
But don't take it too seriously. I'm just messing with ya.
"What you made will be unmade. What you learned will be unlearned. And when you're done, you will be undone."
- Ambassador Laquatus

User Info: Caroniver

Caroniver
2 months ago#17
Semeki posted...
Destiny_Breaker posted...
Caroniver posted...
SilverHawke27 posted...
If by "end the game" you mean you beat Xeno'jiiva, you haven't really ended the game.

You now have to reach HR29 to face two Tempered Bazelgeuse to break your HR lock.

You then have to beat a Tempered Kirin to break the HR49 lock.

You have to reach HR100 to get the final quest against several tempered Elders at once.

You have Arch Tempered Elders to face.

You have Kulve Taroth to besiege and grab her best weapons for your categories.

You have Spring Blossom tickets to gather for the layered and special stuff associated with them.

You have to fully augment your gear via Gleaming Streamstones, Warriors Stones, and Hero Stones.

You have all of this to do while waiting for Iceborne to come along and continue.

It's been long accepted in gaming communities that the credits rolling is the "end" of the main game, much like how the credits roll at the end of the movie. This is why the term "postgame" exists, which is what remains of the game after the final boss. All of your points are valid things he has left to do, but you didn't need the "um, ackshually" at the beginning.

Even funnier since I say post game and asked what to do now. He kind of answered that in a holier than you way, but hey its the internet. I think I'll just complete the side quest and unlock everything and then worry about HR going up.

Good idea, most of the post game content is tied to events which means they're are on rotation not exactly permanent. Look forward to the Spring Festival when all event quests will be up. My only suggestion is to be at least HR 50+. There is prejudice for players who join harder quests at HR14. That and I think a few you have to be above a certain HR.

I wouldn't call disdain for HR 14-49 prejudice, since they can't farm TEDs and can't have augmented gear and thus cannot be up to standard.
However, people who think you're not worth their time if you're below 100 or below 200 (lol) definitely qualify as prejudice.
Mixer of Mega Dash Juices, slayer of giant monsters.
Self-proclaimed leader of the Tri Hards. http://tinyurl.com/y8s94446

User Info: Semeki

Semeki
2 months ago#18
Caroniver posted...
Semeki posted...
Destiny_Breaker posted...
Caroniver posted...
SilverHawke27 posted...
If by "end the game" you mean you beat Xeno'jiiva, you haven't really ended the game.

You now have to reach HR29 to face two Tempered Bazelgeuse to break your HR lock.

You then have to beat a Tempered Kirin to break the HR49 lock.

You have to reach HR100 to get the final quest against several tempered Elders at once.

You have Arch Tempered Elders to face.

You have Kulve Taroth to besiege and grab her best weapons for your categories.

You have Spring Blossom tickets to gather for the layered and special stuff associated with them.

You have to fully augment your gear via Gleaming Streamstones, Warriors Stones, and Hero Stones.

You have all of this to do while waiting for Iceborne to come along and continue.

It's been long accepted in gaming communities that the credits rolling is the "end" of the main game, much like how the credits roll at the end of the movie. This is why the term "postgame" exists, which is what remains of the game after the final boss. All of your points are valid things he has left to do, but you didn't need the "um, ackshually" at the beginning.

Even funnier since I say post game and asked what to do now. He kind of answered that in a holier than you way, but hey its the internet. I think I'll just complete the side quest and unlock everything and then worry about HR going up.

Good idea, most of the post game content is tied to events which means they're are on rotation not exactly permanent. Look forward to the Spring Festival when all event quests will be up. My only suggestion is to be at least HR 50+. There is prejudice for players who join harder quests at HR14. That and I think a few you have to be above a certain HR.

I wouldn't call disdain for HR 14-49 prejudice, since they can't farm TEDs and can't have augmented gear and thus cannot be up to standard.
However, people who think you're not worth their time if you're below 100 or below 200 (lol) definitely qualify as prejudice.

Well so long as you get what the message I was going for. And yes you're right its mostly because those low HRs (14-49) dont have anything augmented or good gear to begin with. So yeah it's better to be 50+HR at least before hitting the heavy post content such as ATs.
The darkest shadows are cast by the brightest light.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Suggestions for post game
  • Topic Archived