• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Now I understand the hate for Behemoth

User Info: cx6998

cx6998
1 month ago#21
Have one hbg tank (use Taroth Glutton), one healer (ls or sns) and 2 cluster hbg.

Cleared it several times with this method.
Peace cannot be achieved by force, it can only be achieved by understanding
-Albert Einstein

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
1 month ago#22
Zoldarr posted...
nebula2 posted...
Why not try with the people here?

Because I suck at ecliptic meteor jump taunt.

It doesn't work for me all the time. It's a 50/50 gamble, eventhough I know I'm doing the timing right. I might be at the wrong distance, I guess.
and I hate the fact that on the final phase he does this 3 times before he dies. My last run we alllmost had him, but then someone died. All we needed was 1 more ecliptic meteor, and that layer set would've been mine.

After that loss, I quit and left in despair. I just don't want to bother with this stress. Why does he have to do it 3 times at the end? Just... Why? My stress levels are too high.. maybe I'll try it again tomorrow..

Then why are you trying to use the Jump in the first place? Comets are there for a reason. And unless your team is terrible and getting the comets constantly destroyed, they should be the go-to to avoid the Ecliptic.

It isn't like it is even hard to get behind one. I've run Behemoth for Drachen last week, did Extremoth last night for the Layered. I haven't fainted once and I've always used the comets.

Jump seems like the unreliable method anyways. Like it's something to boast about that you took the harder method of avoiding Ecliptic, rather than the easy method of hiding behind a comet.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye."
PSN: CrysisZephyr ~~~R.I.P - Burt Reynolds (9/6/18)~~~

User Info: Bananamatic

Bananamatic
1 month ago#23
SilverHawke27 posted...
Jump seems like the unreliable method anyways. Like it's something to boast about that you took the harder method of avoiding Ecliptic, rather than the easy method of hiding behind a comet.

Jump means that you can disregard comets entirely for the rest of the fight by learning one simple timing
it's way easier in the long run and the whole comet/ecliptic mechanic becomes completely irrelevant, even failing the dps check is only a minor time loss if you can jump it

don't stand too close to the point of impact, look at the sky, meteor appears, jump, that's it, now extreme behemoth is just a regular one with more hp and faster tornados

User Info: Armedragon

Armedragon
1 month ago#24
Like many here already said, post your id room here. These guys are extreme competent in dealing with extremoth. Hunt with them and have the quest done, free stress and free headaches. I was helped by them back when extremoth was released and I'll happily help you if I can
MHW IGN: Mizuki
PSN: AnthonyKied (not a native English speaker but if you want to point out my grammar mistakes do it in a constructive way)

User Info: DarthVashti

DarthVashti
1 month ago#25
DarxWingDuck posted...
SilverKyousuke posted...
DarthVashti posted...
SilverKyousuke posted...
Well at least you got past regular.
I still have FF music on my main character...

One of these times I should see how many Xbox players are on this board and try to get it done.

I had to turn music off because I was so sick of that ff music playing. Wish you could choose what music played in the settlement.

I honestly don't mind the music itself.
But everytime I hear it, it's like the game is taunting me..
"Still haven't defeated Behemoth eh?
Final Fantasy music it is then!
HA HA ha, looooooooooser!!"

If you're on this board and you have ps+ there's no reason for you to not have cleared reg behemoth. Players are always helping on this, myself included.

I’m only on this board because it’s more active than the Xbox board.
Not a quality poster

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
1 month ago#26
Bananamatic posted...
SilverHawke27 posted...

Jump means that you can disregard comets entirely for the rest of the fight by learning one simple timing
it's way easier in the long run and the whole comet/ecliptic mechanic becomes completely irrelevant, even failing the dps check is only a minor time loss if you can jump it

don't stand too close to the point of impact, look at the sky, meteor appears, jump, that's it, now extreme behemoth is just a regular one with more hp and faster tornados

That really only works if it were actually difficult to reach a comet, or to have them always around when you needed them. TC can't get the timing for it down. But is treating it as if Jump is the only possible way to go in against Behemoth, and it's not.

I went in concerned because I thought it might actually be difficult to get behind a comet in time. That was gone after the first fight when I realized just how blatantly easy it is to use the comets.

At the end of the day, what matters is being able to survive it. You don't get bonus points for Jumping to avoid the Meteor, any more than you do for using a comet to avoid it.

Beyond that, I imagine most people running Extremoth would be irritated to have someone tagging along who insisted on practicing and using the Jump move so they could get the timing for it right, and risk screwing up and ruining the entire run. When it is far easier to just step behind a comet.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye."
PSN: CrysisZephyr ~~~R.I.P - Burt Reynolds (9/6/18)~~~

User Info: Symphoenixa

Symphoenixa
1 month ago#27
SilverHawke27 posted...

Tell that my consecutive successful jump counter of 264! (Which broke yesterday! DAMN IT! >XD)

Anyway, if TC decides to accept help, then he/she can post a session ID. To gain enmity isn't the problem if you try it seriously, but even then ... the last couple of hunts I wasn't even trying to get it and we still managed to get the kill.
However, if I can see that we can make it with a tank, then I get my tank set for a success alone and call it a day. But with the right team I don't bother anymore to use a tank set ...
(Sometimes we don't even need a dedicated healer or even one wide range user in general.)

Depends on your choice, TC. Give us a call, get your kill and don't bother with Extremoth anymore.
Rising like a Phoenix, raging like a Cucco!
(Not a native english speaker, so feel free to correct me in a construcive way. I'm very much thankful for that! ^^)

User Info: Bananamatic

Bananamatic
1 month ago#28
SilverHawke27 posted...
Beyond that, I imagine most people running Extremoth would be irritated to have someone tagging along who insisted on practicing and using the Jump move so they could get the timing for it right, and risk screwing up and ruining the entire run. When it is far easier to just step behind a comet.

You can get behind a comet and still try to jump, if you get it right you land on behemoth, if you don't then nothing happens

or you can practice it solo

User Info: SilverKyousuke

SilverKyousuke
1 month ago#29
DarxWingDuck posted...
SilverKyousuke posted...
DarthVashti posted...
SilverKyousuke posted...
Well at least you got past regular.
I still have FF music on my main character...

One of these times I should see how many Xbox players are on this board and try to get it done.

I had to turn music off because I was so sick of that ff music playing. Wish you could choose what music played in the settlement.

I honestly don't mind the music itself.
But everytime I hear it, it's like the game is taunting me..
"Still haven't defeated Behemoth eh?
Final Fantasy music it is then!
HA HA ha, looooooooooser!!"

If you're on this board and you have ps+ there's no reason for you to not have cleared reg behemoth. Players are always helping on this, myself included.

Unfortunately for me I'm on Xbox, so all the Behemoth Slayers can't help me lol.
GT: xXPakkunXx My FC is: 3539-9672-6526
I'm not superstitious. I am, a little stitious.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Now I understand the hate for Behemoth
  • Topic Archived