• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Monster Hunter adds a Fist Weapon

User Info: DarkKirby2500

DarkKirby2500
1 month ago#31
SilverHawke27 posted...
Not sure why you are thinking blunt dual blades. There is a vast difference between punching and slashing with a blade weapon.

What I mean is if you're going with normal gauntlets as the weapons, the weapon would have no reach, which is a big deal in monster hunter.

Going with large mechanical fists would be more in line with the other weapons which have more reach, but would be different than a more martial arts based style if that's what you're looking for.
The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. They're all complacent sheeple. Passion fights, but reason wins.

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
1 month ago#32
Dual Blades don't have a lot of reach. Maybe a foot beyond your Hunters arm length. With gauntlets having 6" spikes or longer on them to fight with, the reach would be largely the same.

The fist moveset would also probably be more of a mobile one anyways.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye."
PSN: CrysisZephyr ~~~R.I.P - Burt Reynolds (9/6/18)~~~

User Info: DarkKirby2500

DarkKirby2500
1 month ago#33
SilverHawke27 posted...
Dual Blades don't have a lot of reach. Maybe a foot beyond your Hunters arm length. With gauntlets having 6" spikes or longer on them to fight with, the reach would be largely the same.

The fist moveset would also probably be more of a mobile one anyways.

I know, I was comparing normal gauntlets as a weapon to dual blades because they are both double handed weapons that have no reach. Dual Blades is already relegated to attacking the lowest point of most monsters, I'm saying if normal gauntlets was a weapon, it would likely have the same premise, but be blunt (aside from your "bladed gauntlets" idea).

Dual Blades is already among the most mobile weapons in the game though in terms of quick positioning and dodging, you're imagining your fist weapon be more mobile than that.

Not saying they can't be, this is your weapon idea.

Although I think mechanical fists with less pure martial arts, and more flare, would be cooler.
The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him. They're all complacent sheeple. Passion fights, but reason wins.

User Info: Lucanidae

Lucanidae
1 month ago#34
I really like this idea!

My suggestion: give the gauntlets/fists shelling capabilities, too. Not as strong as gunlance, but maybe like a short ranged shrapnel burst from the knuckles (sort of like Doomfist, from Overwatch), or if super close to monster, a tiny wyvernstake animation, like some kinda big finish after a flurry of DBZ style punches.
Mother of Metapods

User Info: Enclosure

Enclosure
1 month ago#35
Lucanidae posted...
I really like this idea!

My suggestion: give the gauntlets/fists shelling capabilities, too. Not as strong as gunlance, but maybe like a short ranged shrapnel burst from the knuckles (sort of like Doomfist, from Overwatch), or if super close to monster, a tiny wyvernstake animation, like some kinda big finish after a flurry of DBZ style punches.

Hi Yang.
http://imgur.com/wNyX55h.jpg

User Info: PrimalElz

PrimalElz
1 month ago#36
Enclosure posted...
Lucanidae posted...
I really like this idea!

Hi Yang.

And Bullet. And Jacqui Briggs.
I love Monster Hunter so much that I made a Gameplay Music Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxRnI9yrzlo

User Info: Crudelitas

Crudelitas
1 month ago#37
Caroniver posted...
DarkKirby2500 posted...
And you seem to be requesting the weapon has both cutting and blunt attacks, which no weapon has.

CB
SnS
SA if you use an Exhaust Phial
IG if you count the Kinsect (you should it's part of the weapon)
I think Lance and GL have shield bashes but I'm not sure.
Guns

CB and SA don't have impact attacks. They can inflict ko and/or exhaust, but all of their attacks still deal either cutting, elemental or true damage.

Lance, GS, SnS and HH have both impact and cutting attacks. And, yeah, the IG can have blunt bugs.
There is no path to git gud, for gitin' gud is the path.

User Info: orphanjohn

orphanjohn
1 month ago#38
Yes. Move over DBs, I have a new main.
PSN: OrphanFromdabloc
Home Alone is just the kids version of Die Hard.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Monster Hunter adds a Fist Weapon
  • Topic Archived