• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. A Valid Argument Against Stun

User Info: Alpha_Jam

Alpha_Jam
4 weeks ago#71
Prince_Hircine posted...
Stun is just one of those things.

It's really, really annoying in Multi-Monster quests, since getting blindsided isn't a matter of skill deficiency, in my opinion.

I remember in my brief stint with World, I was hunting a Barroth when Bazelgeuse came from literally nowhere and crashed into me. No warning, nothing on map. Just hit me like a hijacked airliner that had its radar and tracking systems disabled so nobody could see it coming.

And Astalos and Rajang. The latter can literally stun you in one hit if he catches you with a punch and knocks you into a wall as a direct result. Although it's kinda hilarious.

Actually, Thunderblight in general is irritating. It's quite hard to actually get hit by attacks that cause it, but if you do you better pray you don't get skimmed by a particularly sharp monster toenail because it WILL stun you. And then you'll get stomped.

And Najarala and his stupid exploding scales.

It's also obvious when you're actually going to get stunned, since you can't just stay on the floor to escape danger. You're forced to stand.

Stun IS, for the most part, a direct result of you screwing up, but the mechanic is just fine. I loved having the little shouts set so everyone could laugh at your ineptitude when they see a desperate plea appear on screen.

Reminds me of the good old days of 4U, and hunting a G rank Rathian. It was a three-man party and since it was just lolRathian (and we were all endgame) we went in brazenly and proceeded to, in sequence, get stunlocked to death. It was both shameful and glorious, right @Alpha_Jam?

Lmao. Stop airing our dirty laundry 😡
The Alpha of the Apex Predators
3DS Friend Code: 0404-9320-5852 / Switch Friend Code: SW-6373-7563-6511 / PSN ID: Pr3d4t0r__4lph4 (2 underscores)

User Info: laughingmeds

laughingmeds
4 weeks ago#72
Valrien posted...
Spin the stick too

Already do. If this is actually the reduced time is now, that's hilariously awful. Almost no point in even trying.
/(-_-)o Because it is not is not enough
o(l) // to merely tell you that I am facepalming. https://i.imgflip.com/2yg49a.jpg

User Info: Caroniver

Caroniver
4 weeks ago#73
laughingmeds posted...
Valrien posted...
Spin the stick too

Already do. If this is actually the reduced time is now, that's hilariously awful. Almost no point in even trying.

Don't worry. You're doing everything right. You've drastically reduced the time stun lasts.
The recovery animation, however, is painfully long and unmitigable.
Mixer of Mega Dash Juices, slayer of giant monsters.
Self-proclaimed leader of the Tri Hards. http://tinyurl.com/y8s94446

User Info: Caroniver

Caroniver
4 weeks ago#74
Bananamatic posted...
really easy to have anti wind=swap 60% of your gear for armor with bad skills

In other MonHun games, yeah. In this game, jewels are way more powerful AND you can have way more jewels. So just swap out like 3 decos and you're set.
Hell, even in other games, if you've got a good talisman it does half the work.
Mixer of Mega Dash Juices, slayer of giant monsters.
Self-proclaimed leader of the Tri Hards. http://tinyurl.com/y8s94446

User Info: DrakeRathalos

DrakeRathalos
4 weeks ago#75
Stun was always be a punishment for your carelessness, but...Stun never felt so broken in previous games as it is in World.

User Info: Enclosure

Enclosure
4 weeks ago#76
Just had a fun ol run against an Uragaan for the weekly limited bounty. An Azure Rathlos was hanging around the area.
Tremor into poison and roars into stuns with side helping of burns. Plus just a dash of paralyze because why the gajalaka not.

multimonster hunts with no status defense skills lol.
http://imgur.com/wNyX55h.jpg

User Info: Symphoenixa

Symphoenixa
4 weeks ago#77
Enclosure posted...
multimonster hunts with no status defense skills lol.

Or without dung bombs.
(Unless they caught you off guard like a certain stealth bomber does it most of the time.)
Rising like a Phoenix, raging like a Cucco!
(Not a native english speaker, so feel free to correct me in a construcive way. I'm very much thankful for that!)
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. A Valid Argument Against Stun
  • Topic Archived