You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Using chargeblade online with other users

User Info: Zoldarr

Zoldarr
3 weeks ago#1
is the most frustrating thing ever. Even Gunlance is fun with other users. Chargeblade requires a lot of planning, charging, and phial building in order to get the damage that you want from it. Trying to get all that done while being around trippy teammates with their long swords and insect glaives, makes this super hard to manage properly.

On top of all that the monster moves around a lot more since everyone is all over the place. With gunners all the way over there and I'm on the complete other side etc., it's really hard to dictate who the monster is gonna go after next, so SAED is a lot more tricky. Like seriously. I rarely SAED unless I know for a fact it's gonna hit, and even still I could still be wrong.

My whole game is off from solo to multiplayer for CB. Other weapons are more fun online. :(
I had to sub it now, and work on a new main weapon for online.

I've been having a lot of fun with Dual blades and Switch Axe so far

Charge Blade online is pretty much like how Machinist is in FF14.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Valrien

Valrien
3 weeks ago#2
Except Machinist is made for group play in an MMO based on group combat and is a meta job
PSN: ValrienDravic

Zoldarr
3 weeks ago#3
Valrien posted...
Except Machinist is made for group play in an MMO based on group combat and is a meta job

True but you still gotta go through a lot of weird rotations to get what you want from it. Charge Blade doesn't have it as bad with managing, but it's still comparable since it goes through a linear routine that has to to be kept alive through out the whole battle, in order to maintain the damage you want, instead of having that luxury from the get go, and just going all out there.

It's a complicated weapon.

Valrien
3 weeks ago#4
Zoldarr posted...
Valrien posted...

True but you still gotta go through a lot of weird rotations to get what you want from it. Charge Blade doesn't have it as bad with managing, but it's still comparable since it goes through a linear routine that has to to be kept alive through out the whole battle, in order to maintain the damage you want, instead of having that luxury from the get go, and just going all out there.

What exactly do you mean? Charge Blade is one of the simplest in World and a lot of weapons have a similar build-up to their DPS.

Not to mention that the method to their rotation can't even compare.

Machinist lines up their buffs every minute and every other minute to maximize their damage within a 10 second window. Charge Blade is about quickly building resources to blow in one large hit/series of hits

It's more like Red Mage really

Zoldarr
3 weeks ago#5
Valrien posted...
Zoldarr posted...
Valrien posted...

What exactly do you mean? Charge Blade is one of the simplest in World and a lot of weapons have a similar build-up to their DPS.

Machinist lines up their buffs every minute and every other minute to maximize their damage within a 10 second window. Charge Blade is about quickly building resources to blow in one large hit/series of hits

It's not the simplest online because you gotta charge up the phials, then your shield, and keep it maintained, and sometimes charge up your sword ( if you need to), while trying to dictate when to use your phials, and know when to guard point while watching out for trippy teammates etc.
Other weapons don't have to go through all that,.... well maybe except for hunting horn, but that's about it.

Insect Glaive has the bug power up thing to keep maintained, but that's easy to get started.

I was only comparing the 2 because both have to be maintained more than other weapons in their own games.

Even Gunlance is less complicated, and I've been using that weapon since the beginning of time. ( kinda retired from it, though)
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Valrien
3 weeks ago#6
Zoldarr posted...
Valrien posted...
Zoldarr posted...
Valrien posted...

It's not the simplest online because you gotta charge up the phials, then your shield, and keep it maintained, and sometimes charge up your sword ( if you need to), while trying to dictate when to use your phials, and know when to guard point while watching out for trippy teammates etc.
Other weapons don't have to go through all that,.... well maybe except for hunting horn, but that's about it.

Insect Glaive has the bug power up thing to keep maintained, but that's easy to get started.

I was only comparing the 2 because both have to be maintained more than other weapons in their own games.

Even Gunlance is less complicated, and I've been using that weapon since the beginning of time. ( kinda retired from it, though)

1. Gain phials
2. Charge shield
3. Gain Phials
4. Charge sword
5. SAED
6. Gain Phials
7. Repeat from Step 5

After that all you really have to do is watch the monster to know when to Guard.

Zoldarr
3 weeks ago#7
Valrien posted...
Zoldarr posted...
Valrien posted...
Zoldarr posted...
Valrien posted...

1. Gain phials
2. Charge shield
3. Gain Phials
4. Charge sword
5. SAED
6. Gain Phials
7. Repeat from Step 5

After that all you really have to do is watch the monster to know when to Guard.

Yeah but depending on certain monsters that easy 7 step can get complicated very quickly.
My problem is online. because monsters act different from there depending on the players you get.
Monsters don't stay to you online. They're jumping all over the place.

If players are rolling all over the place, the monsters will be tackling and jumping everywhere making it harder for me to get in. ( Tempered Teostra, Lunestra and Daora are the main ones that I have a problem with online*sigh*)

It just depends on the monster. I don't have this problem with monsters like Behemoth or Diablos, because they're slow and huge.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Max58201

Max58201
3 weeks ago#8
ummmm what? now that CB's DPS rotation doesn't involve the giant wide swinging charged swing you have to be on top of someone to trip them since it should charged attack - swing or shield bash - charge attack repeat till Red then bank your phials and let loose an SAED and repeat till you need to charge your shield.
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples

User Info: Somedude9

Somedude9
3 weeks ago#9
I have over a 1000+ hunts on CB and play online quite a bit, it’s fine, just don’t play it when a range weapon is in the group(I follow this rule for melee weapons in general for multiplayer). If everybody else on the group isn’t a complete scrub they shouldn’t trip you, and playing CB you should be positioning yourself towards the head and tons of people usually stay away from the head.

User Info: Enclosure

Enclosure
3 weeks ago#10
Somedude9 posted...
tons of people usually stay away from the head.

What. The only people in my experience who stay away from the head are the scrubbiest of scrubs who just attack whatever is near, plus the rare tail cutter doing good.

Edit: in most random sos anyways.
http://imgur.com/wNyX55h.jpg
(edited 3 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Using chargeblade online with other users