You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Assume that LS loses Foresight Slash and SA gets it, how does the game change?

User Info: Bananamatic

Bananamatic
4 weeks ago#1
SA main, only tried LS a few times and FS seems a bit extreme, how much of LS's power is thanks to it? Both are somewhat similar with their range and not having any other evasive moves, would SA ascend to god status while LS would drop back down to SA level or worse?

Discuss

User Info: Archwing3441

Archwing3441
4 weeks ago#2
Bananamatic posted...
SA main, only tried LS a few times and FS seems a bit extreme, how much of LS's power is thanks to it? Both are somewhat similar with their range and not having any other evasive moves, would SA ascend to god status while LS would drop back down to SA level or worse?

Discuss

It'll hurt but as long as fade slash doesn't get touched, it should be fine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KztZmZDNCVg

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
4 weeks ago#3
SA gets Foresight Slash, LS loses it?
Well gee, guess I'll just play SA now.
That's about how much it'd change the game for me.
Which isn't particularly much, but eh.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I prefer casual games. Let's play! [I fear vacuums and the ocean and I'm a Scrublord. I suck!]

User Info: tiathecat

tiathecat
4 weeks ago#4
Well the Switch Axe FAQ would get an update, that's for sure.
Look what's laying at our feet. That's the wreckage of broken dreams and burnt out halos and it's here on our street.

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
4 weeks ago#5
Without FS to advance your levels, LS would fall behind on dps. If you take that away, the you better add something to advance levels faster than- hit hit hit hit hit + demon combo... oops missed the last slash, start over.

For LS at least FS serves a purpose... what would it do for SA other than just a bailout move bad players would spam?

User Info: TrueArchery

TrueArchery
4 weeks ago#6
Well their tier placement would just switch.

DarxWingDuck posted...
For LS at least FS serves a purpose... what would it do for SA other than just a bailout move bad players would spam?

Maybe it'd activate amped mode instead of the usual "just hit it bro".

User Info: Jaegon

Jaegon
4 weeks ago#7
LS players would have to gid gud

User Info: Bananamatic

Bananamatic
4 weeks ago#8
DarxWingDuck posted...

Being able to dodge things more reliably and spending less time repositioning because some attacks are near impossible to step dodge?
LS can stay near ALeshen forever and just FS every aoe attack

User Info: Deaga

Deaga
4 weeks ago#9
LS would become pretty terrible instantly. It got huge nerfs in World (no more flashing gauge buff, that was something like a 13% raw buff) and needs the Foresight into Helm Splitter spam to compensate. Without foresight slash to recover gauge instantly after the Helm Splitter, it would have one hell of a bad time.

If SA could use it from Sword mode, the weapon would suddenly skyrocket in viability. Terrible mobility is not an issue when you have a move with invincibility, after all.

DarxWingDuck posted...
what would it do for SA other than just a bailout move bad players would spam?

It would be the bailout move the weapon desperately needs with that s***ty mobility. Broken counters that don't really buff any gauge are not unheard of too, Valor LS did that in GU before World.
Shameless self-plug for my MH speedrunning youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/DeASDFga

User Info: Dark_Abaddon

Dark_Abaddon
4 weeks ago#10
LS users would suck even more. people would still use it for the same reasons they always used it.

SA would have better speed run times, and maybe attract some more popularity. It's a fun weapon, but it's sadly not great :(
Gaming while on a treadmill
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Assume that LS loses Foresight Slash and SA gets it, how does the game change?