• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What's currently the best way to farm tempered investigations?

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
2 months ago#31
There is a Spreadsheet you can find on Google.

It basically works like this. Stick in a USB flash drive. Back up your save. (I recommend then taking the USB drive to your PC and creating a couple backups, of your backup. So you don't risk your file.)

Go to the Elder Melder and perform Strange Stream ritual. The one with Gleaming stones. Do it for 3 decorations each time. Use any decos you have, you won't lose them.

Use that spreadsheet you can enter in rows of 3 entries, in the order they appear in your Melding window.

Continue doing this for all of your Gleaming stones/Decorations to spend. Record all the data.

The spreadsheet works like this. You need to find your 1-1-2 pattern location. So once you have recorded all the data, restore your save from USB flash drive.

Now you know #1 on the list in the sheet is what you are getting if you meld. So go run a simple quest. the 2S Jagras slay quest is horribly fast and perfect for this.

After you complete the quest, return to the melder and perform a Gleaming ritual for 3 decorations.

Look at your spreadsheet list and see where you at. You were at #1 when you started this. If you are now at #2, it means you are either on 1 or 1.

By completing the meld, you increased your number by 1, so in this example, that makes your current list position as #3.

Go do the Jagras quest again. Then go meld once more, exactly the same way.

If you find yourself on #4, that means you are on position 1. If you find yourself on #5, it means you are on position 2.

So basically, if you take the first results, you are on the first 1 out of 1-1-2. In the spreadsheet these are referred to as 1-2(1)-3(2)

This is important because it shows you what your current Quest ID is in the upper right of the sheet. Which tells you HOW to get to a specific row of your decorations.

You can usually figure your QUEST ID pattern from 2-3 quests and melds.

Just DO NOT forget this fact:
1) Each quest increases the row you are on by either 1 or 2.
2) Melds always increase the row by 1, but do NOT alter the Quest ID.

Figure out your current Quest ID position and enter it into the field near the top of the sheet. This will adjust automatically as you proceed.

Now, you have your list of decorations. Reload your save again so you can start plotting on how to snipe them.

Every time you Meld, there is a slot on the upper right that you need to increase by 1. This adjusts the numbers in the Meld column, to accurately tell you WHAT the current meld row is.

Every time you complete a Quest, you need to update the # of Quests slot by 1. This will update the numbers in the Quest column, to accurately tell you how many quests you need to complete, to reach rows.

I highly advise you practice this a little to make sure you understand it. The sheet can help tremendously once you learn to use it.

Now for the actual sniping. You need to ID the rows that have stuff you want. Then you slowly work your way towards them. The lowest row with 0 in both quest/meld columns is the row you will currently get if you try and meld.

Another important factor. You only have to meld for the decoration you want. It doesn't always have to be all three.

If it is the first decoration on the list, but the other two are those you already have, then only meld for 1 decoration, don't waste your fodder jewels on junk. It takes 36 points per meld, and that is 27 total if you are using 4-point jewels (the cheapest). It's not worth 18 jewels for two trash ones back.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye."
PSN: CrysisZephyr ~~~R.I.P - Burt Reynolds (9/6/18)~~~

SilverHawke27
2 months ago#32
If it is the second on the list, you have to spend 18 points to get #1 and #2, no way around that. Similarly you must meld all three if it's last on the list.

Once you have practiced and got it down, you can proceed through your list to snipe out the ones you want/need from it.

Afterwards, immediately save, and back it up on USB once more.

I personally keep two backup copies on separate hard drives. I also have older backups, which I began doing back in February. It's easy to date the folders. I use this as a pattern
3-27-19 MHW (pre-snipe) -- <folder ID>
3-27-19 MHW (post-snipe) -- <folder ID>

I added the pre-snipe/post-snipe as a before and after save file. In case anything were to go wrong, I have backups to fall back on, rather than lose everything.

It may sound way more complicated than it actually is. It does take a little time for recording what you get, and figuring out your Quest ID position. Once you do, you can keep track of stuff, depending on just how long your list is.

User Info: SilverKyousuke

SilverKyousuke
2 months ago#33
Wow. I'm sure it is easier to understand once it's done lol.
Didn't know I could backup save data onto a USB on Xbox One.
GT: xXPakkunXx My FC is: 3539-9672-6526
I'm not superstitious. I am, a little stitious.

SilverHawke27
2 months ago#34
Not sure if you can. You can with the PS4, which is what I use.

You don't need the spreadsheet to do it. But it can help keep track visually besides just a list of stuff. To adjust the list based on quests/melds automatically. I used it for my first sniping attempt just the other day.

I got an Enhancer jewel, Handicraft (literally the first meld on the list), and a Flawless jewel.

The other 10 or so after that were all crap though. So I have at least 5 quests or so when I pick the game up again before I can go farther. I need to gather about 30 Gleaming Streamstones and then do it, when I can look farther ahead.

User Info: SilverKyousuke

SilverKyousuke
2 months ago#35
SilverHawke27 posted...
Not sure if you can. You can with the PS4, which is what I use.

You don't need the spreadsheet to do it. But it can help keep track visually besides just a list of stuff. To adjust the list based on quests/melds automatically. I used it for my first sniping attempt just the other day.

I got an Enhancer jewel, Handicraft (literally the first meld on the list), and a Flawless jewel.

The other 10 or so after that were all crap though. So I have at least 5 quests or so when I pick the game up again before I can go farther. I need to gather about 30 Gleaming Streamstones and then do it, when I can look farther ahead.

Ah ok. Yeah I'll check what I gotta do on Xbox then.
I appreciate all the help!
GT: xXPakkunXx My FC is: 3539-9672-6526
I'm not superstitious. I am, a little stitious.

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 month ago#36
SilverKyousuke posted...
Meh. In any case I've been finishing it with all T2 tracks around 5 minutes or so.
Now I just gotta farm them decos....

I get either 13 or 14 T2 tracks in little more than 3 minutes, and that is with a successful completion of the quest, which means I can go right back to camp and repeat it as many times as I like.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: Lord_Shadow_19

Lord_Shadow_19
1 month ago#37
If you have a tempered Kirin investigation with 30 or 50 minutes, you can sacrifice an attempt and just follow him for the entire duration picking up his tracks (he drops quite a bit of them). He will never aggro as long as you dont actually attack him and you will get probably a dozen t3 investigations when time runs out.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What's currently the best way to farm tempered investigations?
  • Topic Archived