You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What's currently the best way to farm tempered investigations?

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
3 weeks ago#11
SilverHawke27 posted...
So yeah, Odogaron is probably T2 king.

Black Diablos is if you are wanting to farm in multiplayer. It will fill up in seconds because of the number of people looking for the crown.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: Enclosure

Enclosure
3 weeks ago#12
Meh i like doing the fliers. Azure rath and legiana. Just flash them down and go to town.
http://imgur.com/wNyX55h.jpg

User Info: Elmdor043

Elmdor043
3 weeks ago#13
Once you've collected a couple of T3 Investigations, I wouldn't even bother with the event quest to collect them. It's all rng and you get investigations like mad by just fighting, breaking parts, and picking up tracks during a fight. Just hope you're not as unlucky as me and have most of yours be Lunastra investigations.

Diablos, of course, is really great for T2 if you have any. Although, if the Simple Task event is up and running right now then I'd save them for when it's not around so you'll always have a good, steady source of T2 investigations flowing in. Tbh,

User Info: PrimalElz

PrimalElz
3 weeks ago#14
I use the Vaal Hazak/Odogaron quest (A Summons From Below?) to farm T2 and T3 investigations.
I love Monster Hunter so much that I made a Gameplay Music Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxRnI9yrzlo

Rhiethreal
3 weeks ago#15
Elmdor043 posted...
Once you've collected a couple of T3 Investigations, I wouldn't even bother with the event quest to collect them.

The event quest is still quicker, and it is a good way to pick up 4 and 5 box investigations. Just keep running it and deleting any investigations with less than 3 boxes.

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
3 weeks ago#16
The Ancient Forest simple task event is really easy to run.

Just slap on the Gala Suit, then stick in Intimidator 3, add in Marathon Runner, Stamina Surge. Stuff to keep you moving fast. Also to note, you don't have to complete the quest. Just grab the tracks and return from quest rather than bother with gathering the shrooms.

There is a path to run that is fairly efficient.

Start at the A17 camp, run up to the Rath Nest, there is a Bazel misfired scale and a Rath scale there.

Slide down the ramp and when you reach the bottom, just run straight ahead and drop over the side. You should end up with two more Rath bits on the ground here. Then you need to drop over again near where the one was, I believe. So you can go down into A14.

Here you can get a Tobi Kadachi T1, then hook up to the right to leap off a ledge onto a flat area where another T2 Rath track is. Then you go down and there are Gashes on the wall.

From here you go down to the far NW area, forget the number. But there are like 5-6 tracks here with the Jagras.

The final step is to run south towards A1, near the ledge overlooking the Gajau Pool are the final two tracks.

Generally you can get 1-2 investigations per run. With the skills to let you dash almost constantly, and knowing the path cold, you can make this in around 4 minutes or so.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye."
PSN: CrysisZephyr ~~~R.I.P - Burt Reynolds (9/6/18)~~~

Rhiethreal
3 weeks ago#17
There is a more efficient run than that. Just look up the T2 run on youtube.

User Info: Lewkis

Lewkis
3 weeks ago#18
All you really need is Ghillie Mantle, and that's just if the Jagras annoy you (like they do me).

Path I take: Start at the 17 camp, run to the nest and get the 2 tracks there. Jump off the ledge (the one Rathalos falls from when the dam breaks), get the 2 tracks there.

Fast travel to NW camp. Run out of the camp, jumping off the ledge head right (equip mantle here if you want). After you slide down the slope you can get 3 (4? I think 3) tracks in the room with the Jagras. Climb up the little ledge and continue south. Next little room has 2 tracks. Continue south and you should be on the rocky slope with the paratoads. 2 more tracks at the base of the slope, by the red mining node.

11-12 T2 tracks in about 3 minutes :)

As for T3, I did Triple Threat Throwdown and just ran around collecting tracks, there are quite a few.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
3 weeks ago#19
@Lewkis
Those are not all T2 tracks. A number of them are T1s.

Your run is only getting 10 T2 tracks and 2 T1 tracks.

The run I listed is the most efficient, because you hit all 14 T2 tracks in the event. All other tracks are T1.

It's basically the Ancient Forest divided into two pieces along a / boundary. The northwestern half of the map contains all of the T2 tracks. The southeastern half of the map contains all of the T1 tracks.

Also, I'm not exactly sure why you think you are getting T3 tracks off the Triple Threat event. Given it's only high rank monsters.

There is a second Simple Task event that is set in the Elder's Recess. That one has only T3 tracks to find. The pathing on that is to start at the first camp, circle around and go up to the peak of the mountain. Then port to another camp and go around through the lower area and lava caverns for the remainder of the tracks.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye."
PSN: CrysisZephyr ~~~R.I.P - Burt Reynolds (9/6/18)~~~

User Info: Lefty113

Lefty113
3 weeks ago#20
If you want T3 tracks just start the Tempered Nergi mission, start the mission stay in camp and go off and do something and come back after 25 minutes. Beat him off to the second area, collect the tracks in that area(usually about 15) then knock him over in another 10 minutes and start again. Easy as
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. What's currently the best way to farm tempered investigations?