• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Would 'Meteor Hammers' be a good new weapon category?

User Info: jagger_wanderer

jagger_wanderer
2 months ago#21
It need a gimick, momentum. Drawing the weapon will have it dangling on the hunter's hands. First attack is always throwing it forward. Follow up attacks is dictate by the which direction the player push their analog stick and press the attack button with correct timing. Correct button presses will increase the attack speed of the weapon with a max speed. Failure to do timing input drops the weapon forcing the hunter to start from drawing again.
"People's opinion are like chains, they can pull you along or hold you down." Commander, MHW

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
2 months ago#22
This sounds like the description of a flail.

EDIT: Which is not to say I think that it's a bad idea for a new weapon class. It's probably the best balance of "realistic" and "not already covered by other weapon classes" that I've heard on this board.

I don't like the name "Meteor Hammer" though; whether or not that's an official name, it sounds too edgy, almost like it's the name of a specific Hammer rather than its own class.
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

User Info: silverbullet474

silverbullet474
2 months ago#23
Sirk posted...
This sounds like the description of a flail.

EDIT: Which is not to say I think that it's a bad idea for a new weapon class. It's probably the best balance of "realistic" and "not already covered by other weapon classes" that I've heard on this board.

I don't like the name "Meteor Hammer" though; whether or not that's an official name, it sounds too edgy, almost like it's the name of a specific Hammer rather than its own class.

They could also be called kusari fundo or manriki gusari (Japanese names for similar weapons) but those don't roll off the tongue nearly as well. An alternate English name would probably have to be along the lines of 'ball and chain' or 'flail' or something.
PSN: KPlaysHere
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/silverbullet4747

User Info: Great_Khan

Great_Khan
2 months ago#24
Button_Masher_Z posted...
SilverHawke27 posted...
Button_Masher_Z posted...
Would be kinda neat for a rope weapon to latch onto a flying enemy to go aerial, help combo, and maybe eventually bring it down.

I think flash pods are a lazy way to design a game around flying monsters, would be nice if flight was something that you could exploit, but with the weapon, and not with the super cheap consumable...

The Slinger should have incorporated this. Since it already latches onto wingdrakes.

Sort of?

Might be going a bit too far to give every player a grappling hook as an attack...

You could make it play by Switch Axe discharge rules to balance it. Sure you can latch on, but grounding the monster takes 12 seconds and you don't have true mount invincibility.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Would 'Meteor Hammers' be a good new weapon category?
  • Topic Archived