• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. I don't understand the hate for Behemoth

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
2 months ago#91
Zoldarr posted...
Rhiethreal posted...
Zoldarr posted...
by run away I don't mean "run away" I mean lure it to attack. Like I will stop to make it attack then I will run away and not get hit.

Then why not just say "evade," and why would you need to put your weapon away for evade tanking?

Because I'm not evading. I run in and out. I run in to make it attack so others can take advantage of it, and I run out to not get hit. Until the target is off me. but that's when I'm not using Charge Blade or Gunlance.

Then we have gone way off the rails then. The original argument was that a HBG was a worse tank because it did less damage than something like a Lance. If you are completely sheathing and baiting attacks like that, your DPS drops fully to zero.

Plus, it still doesn't keep Behemoth as stationary as a shield tank would. It is also riskier because Behemoth's hit boxes aren't always visually accurate (ex: swinging over your head and it counting as a hit anyway), and something like a HBG can keep attacking even when they do have aggro.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
2 months ago#92
Rhiethreal posted...
Zoldarr posted...
Rhiethreal posted...
Zoldarr posted...
by run away I don't mean "run away" I mean lure it to attack. Like I will stop to make it attack then I will run away and not get hit.

Then why not just say "evade," and why would you need to put your weapon away for evade tanking?

Because I'm not evading. I run in and out. I run in to make it attack so others can take advantage of it, and I run out to not get hit. Until the target is off me. but that's when I'm not using Charge Blade or Gunlance.

Then we have gone way off the rails then. The original argument was that a HBG was a worse tank because it did less damage than something like a Lance. If you are completely sheathing and baiting attacks like that, your DPS drops fully to zero.

Plus, it still doesn't keep Behemoth as stationary as a shield tank would. It is also riskier because Behemoth's hit boxes aren't always visually accurate (ex: swinging over your head and it counting as a hit anyway), and something like a HBG can keep attacking even when they do have aggro.

Still more efficient than hbg. No healer required.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

Rhiethreal
2 months ago#93
Button_Masher_Z posted...
Still more efficient than hbg.

False.

Button_Masher_Z
2 months ago#94
Rhiethreal posted...
Still more efficient than hbg.

False.

I too like to either cart, or have one person deal half their damage babysitting someone dealing 40% of their max damage because they had to sacrifice two-three mods, and several damage skills. Even though a GL could allow a third DPS and still get in 60% of its dps (literally only losing damage because it has to block).

GL survives better, being able to slot both hp and recovery decos without sacrificing damage, on top of full guard and guard up, and evade window. Hbg is inefficient as a tank. It just is.

Running around with a weapon sheathed would allow the third dps still. It isn’t good, but it’s better than hbg.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.

User Info: tokerblue

tokerblue
2 months ago#95
Caroniver posted...
Can we stop talking about how much damage a tank should be able to put out and start talking about how Monster Hunter shouldn't need dedicated tanks?

It doesn't.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
- Robert A. Heinlein

Rhiethreal
2 months ago#96
@Button_Masher_Z
The Set:

W: Edge Blaze SnS [Health](Fungiform -or- Expert)
H: Drachen (Flawless, Attack)
C: Empress ß (Friendship * 2, Expert)
A: Drachen (Tenderizer * 2)
W: Drachen (Tenderizer)
L: Drachen (Critical)
Ch: Friendship

The Skills:

[Health Leach]
(95% affinity with 1 Mushroomancer or 100% affinity with no mushroomancer)
Crit Eye 5 (or 6)
Drachen Set Bonuses
Guts
Wide Range 5
Attack Boost 4
Crit Boost 3
Peak Performance 3
Weakness Exploit 3
Airborne
Power Prolonger 1

You don't have to baby sit them. You just pop a heal occasionally, then go back to dunking on Behemoth because they have him distracted.

Button_Masher_Z
2 months ago#97
You have to babysit an hbg. A small session of thunder spam will kill an hbg.

Rhiethreal
2 months ago#98
You have to babysit an hbg. A small session of thunder spam will kill an hbg.

Yeah, you heal them after they take a big hit or two. Then you go back to attacking.

https://youtu.be/fDPETwSMR7k
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. I don't understand the hate for Behemoth
  • Topic Archived