• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. I don't understand the hate for Behemoth

User Info: moseph187

moseph187
2 months ago#11
It’s my favourite fight and the main reason I still play but I have a group to play with and enjoy trying to help randoms through it, the majority of the hate comes from people who want to play MH solo but capcom wanted something different with behemoth so didn’t scale it for solo.

I think it was a good thing because currently with most ATs people’s advice is to do it solo because it’s far easier(I’d probably suggest the same) and it would have been the same with behemoth but because it’s not scaled it forces players to come together to defeat him as most won’t be able to solo it and lets capcom try new things without worrying how someone on there own can deal with him.
My hunting horn videos
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLSOTtIg16QCnEtAFevm5In4E2etGHH7t

User Info: Semeki

Semeki
2 months ago#12
moseph187 posted...
It’s my favourite fight and the main reason I still play but I have a group to play with and enjoy trying to help randoms through it, the majority of the hate comes from people who want to play MH solo but capcom wanted something different with behemoth so didn’t scale it for solo.

I think it was a good thing because currently with most ATs people’s advice is to do it solo because it’s far easier(I’d probably suggest the same) and it would have been the same with behemoth but because it’s not scaled it forces players to come together to defeat him as most won’t be able to solo it and lets capcom try new things without worrying how someone on there own can deal with him.

Lol you do realize forcing something on to players removes the freedom from the players right?

Also what? You expect for everyone to give each other pats on the back for constant failures. If multiplayer function was design better I've agree with but MP in Word sucks and therefore quests that require and forces MP suck.
The darkest shadows are cast by the brightest light.

User Info: smeefsmeef

smeefsmeef
2 months ago#13
I love behemoth. He’s not too difficult to solo for me ... kinda reminds me of G Rank difficultly.

Still haven’t solo’d extreme or AL, but I love the fact that it can be done and I’m gonna try. :)
Mysticphotog.Com

User Info: cooolio

cooolio
2 months ago#14
smeefsmeef posted...
I love behemoth. He’s not too difficult to solo for me ... kinda reminds me of G Rank difficultly.

Still haven’t solo’d extreme or AL, but I love the fact that it can be done and I’m gonna try. :)

Just takes too much time for the best of players, unless they use a certain weapon/ equipment. That goes for AL as well.
Life is neither cruel nor precious. Some people are just born in pain others either walk in it or wield it.

User Info: smeefsmeef

smeefsmeef
2 months ago#15
cooolio posted...
smeefsmeef posted...

Just takes too much time for the best of players, unless they use a certain weapon/ equipment. That goes for AL as well.

I don’t mind it. I had a harder time with fatalis and some other guys from the old games where the time limit was 50 minutes. Solo’d behemoth 2nd try GL solo. Did take me 32 mins, but I’ve spent longer on other monsters in the past ::::)
Mysticphotog.Com

User Info: dantemundus81

dantemundus81
2 months ago#16
He’s my favourite monster in the game by far, and although I initially thought it was bs that there wasn’t a solo version of him, I now consider him to be the ultimate monster to solo. I really want to start ta’s on him, but not sure I have enough time to get it down before Sekiro on Friday....

User Info: Akuro19

Akuro19
2 months ago#17
Behemoth is one of my favorite monsters, cause he actually provides a decent challenge. A hunt is only entertaining when you know the monster could kick your ass if you let them. EX behemoth is just the same as behemoth, but with tighter circumstances. If you like fighting behemoth, you won't be far off from enjoying Extremoth.
"Though it's interesting to see monsters killing each other, go ahead and kill them yourself." - Goddess Ilias

User Info: moseph187

moseph187
2 months ago#18
Semeki posted...
moseph187 posted...

Lol you do realize forcing something on to players removes the freedom from the players right?

Also what? You expect for everyone to give each other pats on the back for constant failures. If multiplayer function was design better I've agree with but MP in Word sucks and therefore quests that require and forces MP suck.
I still stand by what I said as it lets them experiment with the MH formula instead of designing it for solo and just bump the health and damage for multiplayer, for me multiplayer is awesome and where this game shines the most(I rarely played any MP before MH) but what sucks about it is the lobby system because you would join an online session and 9 times out of 10 you would find 14 people doing sos or set quests to solo but behemoth and KT changed that with actual active session with the phenomenon of strangers playing with each other.

All the people I’ve met and become friends playing MH is mostly due to KT and behemoth and just look at this place, it can be a real s*** show but the behemoth and KT rooms have been some best things here with people helping each other rather than the standard advice of “git gud” do it solo and don’t get hit.
My hunting horn videos
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLSOTtIg16QCnEtAFevm5In4E2etGHH7t

User Info: flsomerv

flsomerv
2 months ago#19
I don't have a problem with Behemoth even though I have only beat it once (zero EX Behemoth). What I have a problem with are the monsters that do area-of-effect damage over time with no way to completely nullify the effect. That includes: Teostra (to a lesser extent), Lunastra, Vaal Hazak, Leshen/Ancient Leshen.

Also Kushala (tempered and AT) is a pain for melee users when you have to get close to attack, but the wind won't let you get close. Stupid design. Flash bombs were the solution until they decided to only allow one or two flashes before Kush becomes immune.

MHW needs more monsters that are hard, but in a fair way. We need to see the likes of Fatalis, Akantor, Ukanlos, Amatsumagatsuchi, and Alatreon. (Can't believe I'm putting Alatreon in that list because I hate Alatreon, but I'd rather have Ala or Rajang than I would have monsters that do the damage over time s***.)
Gaming since 1982

User Info: Akubarix

Akubarix
2 months ago#20
Zoldarr posted...
I think he's fair.

Lunestra is the monster that ruins this game, imo.
I don't even know why they made this thing to be this way.

It's not difficult in a fair way, but difficult in a bulls*** way. She's not fun to fight.

He just eats randoms. No matter how good one person is, if you're with 3 buffoons, you're getting kenshiro'd.
Lao on the streets. Rajang in the sheets.
R.I.P. Chrome Razor. 2004-2018
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. I don't understand the hate for Behemoth
  • Topic Archived