The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. I don't understand the hate for Behemoth

User Info: Zoldarr

Zoldarr
2 months ago#1
I think he's fair.

Lunestra is the monster that ruins this game, imo.
I don't even know why they made this thing to be this way.

It's not difficult in a fair way, but difficult in a bulls*** way. She's not fun to fight.

User Info: Unbound-King

Unbound-King
2 months ago#2
I quite like Behemoth.
Except EX form can quickly become a god give me strength moment for an atheist if the tornadoes start rolling in.
GT: Sho Minamimotto PSN: Azure_Reaper8 3Ds FC: 0662-2616-5710
I prefer casual games. Let's play! [I fear vacuums and the ocean and I'm a Scrublord. I suck!]

User Info: cooolio

cooolio
2 months ago#3
The main criticism i hear is the fact that he is not balanced for single player.
Life is neither cruel nor precious. Some people are just born in pain others either walk in it or wield it.

User Info: Jesserae

Jesserae
2 months ago#4
Zoldarr posted...
I think he's fair.

Lunestra is the monster that ruins this game, imo.
I don't even know why they made this thing to be this way.

It's not difficult in a fair way, but difficult in a bulls*** way. She's not fun to fight.

Completely agree, the amount of area her nova covers as well as the long lasting and high damaging aura or whatever the f*** that is is absolutely broken and annoying.
Praise The Sun - DDDA Pawn Ciri (Ranger)
PSN: Darkestsoul92

User Info: SilverKyousuke

SilverKyousuke
2 months ago#5
For me it's mostly that I can't solo him unlike everything else besides Kulve and Ancient Leshen, which I haven't even fought cause I took a break before the Witcher crossover.
If I didn't need to spend weeks attempting to beat him, he'd actually be a really fun fight. Instead he is just a wall of muscle and frustration.

I can definitely understand why people who CAN beat Behemoth would like him though.
GT: xXPakkunXx My FC is: 3539-9672-6526
I'm not superstitious. I am, a little stitious.

User Info: shuma

shuma
2 months ago#6
I really like Behemoth and he's unquestionably one of my most loved monsters if not my favorite overall.

I can tell Capcom put a ton of effort with this monster unlike the lame artificially difficult monsters like Lunastra or AT elders.

Not only does Behemoth feel like a breath of fresh air, he truly puts your skills to the test and will mold you into a much better hunter

My only issue is behemoth not having solo scaling. But I at long last beat him solo and it feels amazing

User Info: The_Pup

The_Pup
2 months ago#7
Multiplayer ruined it. Majority of casuals and pugs end up in disaster because of one person who isn't versed in the mechanics and treats him like a typical damage sponge.

It's essentially Luna, AT Kirin, AT Luna, AT Vaal with their DoTs... But instead of players having problems with a single simple mechanic, it's those same players having problems with several mechanics.

Completed normal behemoth, but not going to bother with EX any time soon because all of the normal runs were so f***ing bad (and I really hate how drachen looks, so the layered armour isn't a good carrot for me to care about it).

Just going to wait until I after Xeno Y is released on PC before I consider EX Behe again.

User Info: Semeki

Semeki
2 months ago#8
cooolio posted...
The main criticism i hear is the fact that he is not balanced for single player.

Pretty much this. And if it where single hp balanced, it solved the problem on relying on strangers help which is a toss up.
The darkest shadows are cast by the brightest light.

User Info: Bananamatic

Bananamatic
2 months ago#9
35k hp really isn't that excessive for singleplayer considering AT Xeno has a similar amount with a stricter time limit and no rock drops, plus he has a ton of openings available, way less erratic movement and no wasting time flying around.

If anything he does too much damage, he doesn't have enough hp for an endgame 4 man party but his damage is too much for lower level players. The few times I tried him in a party he did almost nothing but drop comets and cast ecliptic, you hit the next threshold every couple of seconds with 4 people.

User Info: Panthera

Panthera
2 months ago#10
Combination of forced multiplayer health scaling and janky hitboxes on a few moves (and with the way he drops after a meteor, which can lead to some really odd stuff if he's standing near a comet)...and of course the fact that the fight is basically designed to torment you for playing with other people despite being designed to be multiplayer. The first day or two of Behemoth was torture due to the army of people who refused to stop face tanking Ecliptic Meteor and putting tornadoes in the middle of the room. I'm usually pretty forgiving of mistakes in multiplayer but that fight managed to even get me pissed off at some of the people I played with. There's nothing like a fight designed so that you will watch for several seconds as a guy throws the entire quest away by mashing buttons out in the open with absolutely nothing you can do about it.
Meow!
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. I don't understand the hate for Behemoth
  • Topic Archived