You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Kjarr Sword "Decay" vs Reaver Calamity

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
4 weeks ago#51
MegalaserLAWS posted...
paulodybi posted...
You can pull helmsplitter after FS, skipping roundhouse slash
Roar -> FS -> helmspliter

That is probably true but that has a requirement in being at red already.

I just want to be clear though that I'm not saying they are great skill and that personally I DONT use them. I'm just saying they are more useful than people give them credit for. I also agree with dante's previous point about it being better on other weapons which is undoubtedly true.

Also more importantly using earplugs 5 is a must have requirement for kirin battles and without it makes the fight nearly impossible..... but we all know that already.

I agree with basically everything you've said on this and plugs are really useful... roaring is like the one thing every monster has in common and being able to ignore roars opens opportunities for more damage and prevents hits from roar/combos... so yes, they're absolutely useful but they're also a very expensive skill... requiring 5 levels and level 3 jewels.
Experience is really the only thing that reduces the usefulness... to the point they're just not worth the cost.

At some point you'll learn to know... hey I can just fs through the roar, add X and Y skills to replace plugs in my build, and now im putting out more dps and all I have to do is drop a skill im confident i don't need anymore.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
4 weeks ago#52
DarxWingDuck posted...
requiring 5 levels and level 3 jewels.
Experience is really the only thing that reduces the usefulness... to the point they're just not worth the cost.

You can get them with a helmet and charm alone, and the helmet even has decent slots.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
4 weeks ago#53
Rhiethreal posted...
DarxWingDuck posted...

You can get them with a helmet and charm alone, and the helmet even has decent slots.

Yeah or even some Luna/styx weapons come with 2 level 3 slots... so it's just charm + weapon slots if you go that route.

Still a pricey skill no matter how you cut it. Dropping plugs usually means you can get another 2 skills.

Rhiethreal
4 weeks ago#54
DarxWingDuck posted...
Rhiethreal posted...
DarxWingDuck posted...

Yeah or even some Luna/styx weapons come with 2 level 3 slots... so it's just charm + weapon slots if you go that route.

Still a pricey skill no matter how you cut it. Dropping plugs usually means you can get another 2 skills.

If you pair it with something like a Luna Bagel weapon and Drachen armor, you can easily get 5/5 earplugs, 425 raw, Guts, and 100% affinity.

User Info: TrueArchery

TrueArchery
4 weeks ago#55
You still sacrifice 8-10% damage if you go plugs compared to pure offense.

Rhiethreal
3 weeks ago#56
TrueArchery posted...

Depends on how you look at it. You do less damage per hit, but you get more opportunities to hit.
Rhiethreal posted...
TrueArchery posted...

Depends on how you look at it. You do less damage per hit, but you get more opportunities to hit.

An opportunity
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: UndyingStick

UndyingStick
3 weeks ago#58
Button_Masher_Z posted...
Rhiethreal posted...
TrueArchery posted...

An opportunity

3 at best in most of the fights in the game, lol. Plus, you get to practice the FS timing.

Plugs just really aren’t worthwhile no matter how you look at it, unless you just started.
UndyingStick posted...
Button_Masher_Z posted...
Rhiethreal posted...
TrueArchery posted...

An opportunity

3 at best in most of the fights in the game, lol. Plus, you get to practice the FS timing.

Plugs just really aren’t worthwhile no matter how you look at it, unless you just started.

It’s got one niche:

Multihunts where two monsters will roar a million times.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: Enclosure

Enclosure
3 weeks ago#60
Double bazel lol.
http://imgur.com/wNyX55h.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Kjarr Sword "Decay" vs Reaver Calamity