• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Don't bring a lance to Kulve.

User Info: DukeLukewarm

DukeLukewarm
2 months ago#61
DarxWingDuck posted...
DukeLukewarm posted...
shinkyo- posted...
Lance and all other weapons are viable.

https://twitter.com/_shinkyo/status/1108324376082997250?s=21

"Viable" is an incredibly meaningless and useless statement considering the standards people usually apply to it.

Going naked is probably completely viable too, but if someone showed up to your KT room like that you'd probably still tell them to put on some armor.

I kinda get what you're trying to say but man that's terrible example...

Going naked would never be considered viable... not even by somebody who could pull it off.

If apparently the only thing you need to be viable is to be able to finish quests within the time limit then how is it not? And if not, then where do you draw the line for what is "viable" and what isn't?

I simply want to illustrate just how stupid the whole "viable" argument really is.

User Info: JD Old No7

JD Old No7
2 months ago#62
DukeLukewarm posted...
DarxWingDuck posted...
DukeLukewarm posted...
shinkyo- posted...

"Viable" is an incredibly meaningless and useless statement considering the standards people usually apply to it.

Going naked is probably completely viable too, but if someone showed up to your KT room like that you'd probably still tell them to put on some armor.

Going naked would never be considered viable... not even by somebody who could pull it off.

If apparently the only thing you need to be viable is to be able to finish quests within the time limit then how is it not? And if not, then where do you draw the line for what is "viable" and what isn't?

I simply want to illustrate just how stupid the whole "viable" argument really is.

You're arguing semantics here for no reason. TC says he auto kicks people who use Lance. Lance is perfectly fine to use against kulve with the right build. Any weapon is if you known what you are doing.

Yeah I get that people are sick of the grind and want to do it as fast as possible. If you want to be super optimal or whatever then create your own organized room with 4 LBGs and do pursuit 1 breaks. Dont be an ass in a public room. Its toxic.

Tc was trolling anyway.
Tennessee Whiskey

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
2 months ago#63
One thing worth getting at is a balance between fun and effeciveness. Or rather, a balance between individuals and/or groups selfishness.

People get sick of kulve, it’s no secret. So they want to deal with it in two ways: break up the monotony with varied weapons, and rush it down asap.

If you pick an SnS, especially if you don’t pick the element for her coat, you’re probably wasting time. Though I’d bring bombs and bombardier to compensate a little. Not that SnS is weak per se. But the weapons that rule kulve have AoEs, or massive targeted damage. LBG goes along the body, CB hits a v pattern. GS can break a targeted part efficiently (forearms can be tough for AoE weapons).

I personally switch between Light bowgun, and charge blade, because I want to remain as useful to the group as possible, and vary it for myself. An issue arises when someone wants something else, because it can mean a stark decrease in efficiency, and you have to weigh the fun if one person against the lack of fun of a few others.

I think it’s great that people manage to keep the efficiency up despite not giving in to LBG metas, because many do run other weapons in the gfaqs crew, and many feel it’s too much to ask someone to ditch a weapon, but would still advise better sets to optimize that weapon for kulve. It works out, and people ultimately let others have their fun over decreasing the time spent running kulve. Though to be fair, it’s usually not a massive loss/gain either.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

DukeLukewarm
2 months ago#64
JD Old No7 posted...
DukeLukewarm posted...
DarxWingDuck posted...
DukeLukewarm posted...
shinkyo- posted...

You're arguing semantics here for no reason. TC says he auto kicks people who use Lance. Lance is perfectly fine to use against kulve with the right build. Any weapon is if you known what you are doing.

Yeah I get that people are sick of the grind and want to do it as fast as possible. If you want to be super optimal or whatever then create your own organized room with 4 LBGs and do pursuit 1 breaks. Dont be an ass in a public room. Its toxic.

Tc was trolling anyway.

It's "fine", but is it good? Is it desirable over one of the many other alternatives?
And, well, yeah. If it's your room then you have the freedom to kick or accept whoever you like. You can't just call somebody an ass because they don't want to play with you, at least as long as they're, well, not being an ass about it.

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
2 months ago#65
DukeLukewarm posted...
where do you draw the line for what is "viable" and what isn't?

When things no longer work. Like soloing AL with a HH according to TA rules probably isn't viable.
http://rhiethreal.deviantart.com/

User Info: Caroniver

Caroniver
2 months ago#66
DukeLukewarm posted...
JD Old No7 posted...
DukeLukewarm posted...
DarxWingDuck posted...
DukeLukewarm posted...
shinkyo- posted...

Tc was trolling anyway.

It's "fine", but is it good? Is it desirable over one of the many other alternatives?
And, well, yeah. If it's your room then you have the freedom to kick or accept whoever you like. You can't just call somebody an ass because they don't want to play with you, at least as long as they're, well, not being an ass about it.

OK, fine. ATTENTION EVERYONE. IF YOU'RE NOT USING A LS, GS, BOW, HBG, OR LBG, YOU SHOULD SWITCH BECAUSE IT IS NOT DESIRABLE OVER THE ALTERNATIVES.
Mixer of Mega Dash Juices, slayer of giant monsters.
Self-proclaimed leader of the Tri Hards. http://tinyurl.com/y8s94446

DukeLukewarm
2 months ago#67
Caroniver posted...
DukeLukewarm posted...
JD Old No7 posted...
DukeLukewarm posted...
DarxWingDuck posted...
DukeLukewarm posted...
shinkyo- posted...

Tc was trolling anyway.

OK, fine. ATTENTION EVERYONE. IF YOU'RE NOT USING A LS, GS, BOW, HBG, OR LBG, YOU SHOULD SWITCH BECAUSE IT IS NOT DESIRABLE OVER THE ALTERNATIVES.

You don't have to think that way, just don't call someone an ass because they do.

User Info: CrimsonStrider

CrimsonStrider
2 months ago#68
@CapcomFan1012

great bait mate. all da fishies in da pond be wiggling for a bite
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Don't bring a lance to Kulve.
  • Topic Archived