• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Noob Question about Kulve Taroth. Is she also suppose to be easy?

User Info: DevilHands

DevilHands
1 month ago#1
Decided to try the quest yesterday. Expecting not to be able to finish it. Since I had a hard time with AT Kirin and haven't even broken the HR49 cap yet.

I am not sure what the goal is. I do know to break as many part as possible I guess. But not quite sure what the Pursuit LVL the reward LVL is for. How high should we level it up before breaking her horns off? What Quest/Carve Rewards should we be looking for?

The first time we tried this, she ends up running away. The 2nd time, my partner ends up dying twice and another random died failing the quest but I told my partner that she probably just bought poor armor because I still havent experience being one shot KOed. The 3rd time, we ended up breaking her horns off under her fury state (Isn't this the AT version? A NPC was saying to be careful, they haven't experience this before)

Overall I think we end the quest the 3rd time for around 12 mins.

I don't know, but overall she's not too hard. Because I didn't die or got one shot KOed I guess lol. Unlike AT Kirin, she will daze me then thunder and cart me off.

Was it because of my armor that made it easier?

I had a full set lunastra and fire resist 3. As for weapon I was using Divine Slasher.
"For everything we love we eventually lose
and for everything we hate we eventually face"

User Info: HitBattousai

HitBattousai
1 month ago#2
Yes, that armor and decorations helps a lot for Kulve. She hits hard with some of her physical attacks, but the only real danger comes from her fire attacks.

Kulve herself is not difficult. The challenge of the quest is running it enough times to finish it and break the horns. The higher the pursuit level, the easier it is to extend the run and break her parts/horns. Ideally, you'd like to get a reward level of 15-17 range for the best rewards, which is achieved by breaking as many parts as possible before finishing the siege.

After it's over, you claim your rewards at the counter in the Gathering Hub, which gives you random weapons with no crafting involved. A lot of those weapons are regarded as the top tier weapons for most of the weapons types in question. You also get materials to create Kulve's armor.

User Info: Sirk

Sirk
1 month ago#3
DevilHands posted...
(Isn't this the AT version? A NPC was saying to be careful, they haven't experience this before)

It's kind of confusing, and it wasn't perfectly explained before she came out. Kulve Taroth in The Fury of El Dorado is always AT, but she may enter Fury Mode in Phase 4. She doesn't become AT; she already is.
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.

User Info: AE_

AE_
1 month ago#4
Someone correct me if im wrong:

Pursuit level , she dies / breaks parts alot easier th higher the pursuit level.

Reward level is the ammount of rewards. Max is 17, for breaking everything (?).

Honestly, i had just played regular KT once, and this was my first time playing ATKT. I was playing with 2 good players. Im sure they where doing alot more damage than me, but i frequently got the partbreakers notification at the end, so i was surelly doing something, at least.

What i was struggling with, and learned from them, was to figure out where she goes on first phase, where the boulders are etc, and getting used to mega barrel bomb spamming.

We did 4 runs, we finished her in 2 fights everytime (i think once we almost did at pursuit 1, felt like the horns where almost off).

I was somewhat geared, had a good build but not every pieece fully augmented. Ran thunder lbg , and ice lbg for stage 4. I carted once to a 1 shot belly flop. A couple hits left me with a sliver of health, but overall she was super easy to dodge with a ranged weapon.

I remember running it first time with lance (normal kt), and struggled a whole lot more.
3DS FC: 4957-2586-5832

User Info: Somedude9

Somedude9
1 month ago#5
DevilHands posted...
Decided to try the quest yesterday. Expecting not to be able to finish it. Since I had a hard time with AT Kirin and haven't even broken the HR49 cap yet.

I am not sure what the goal is. I do know to break as many part as possible I guess. But not quite sure what the Pursuit LVL the reward LVL is for. How high should we level it up before breaking her horns off? What Quest/Carve Rewards should we be looking for?

The first time we tried this, she ends up running away. The 2nd time, my partner ends up dying twice and another random died failing the quest but I told my partner that she probably just bought poor armor because I still havent experience being one shot KOed. The 3rd time, we ended up breaking her horns off under her fury state (Isn't this the AT version? A NPC was saying to be careful, they haven't experience this before)

Overall I think we end the quest the 3rd time for around 12 mins.

I don't know, but overall she's not too hard. Because I didn't die or got one shot KOed I guess lol. Unlike AT Kirin, she will daze me then thunder and cart me off.

Was it because of my armor that made it easier?

I had a full set lunastra and fire resist 3. As for weapon I was using Divine Slasher.

Your also not fighting AT Kirin, your HR49 so you’re fighting Tempered Kirin.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Noob Question about Kulve Taroth. Is she also suppose to be easy?
  • Topic Archived