• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. ~~Kulve Taroth Gfaqs Room~~

User Info: DarxWingDuck

DarxWingDuck
4 weeks ago#301
Sirk posted...
SilverHawke27 posted...
Which was good for nothing. That is done easily during the run to break the horns.

All we did was waste an extra five minutes on the Siege.

It's the sort of thing you'd find in a public session.

I don't like it either, but it's understandable, at least. The developers didn't release a statement with the debut of ATKT saying, "Oh hey, we screwed up the incentives in this quest, so there's absolutely no reason to fight ATKT past a certain point in Pursuit Lv1."

Even so, for players who have done the new siege a bunch of times, I would assume they'd figure out that spending 5 minutes in Phase 4, possibly triple carting, all to do no more than perhaps breaking the tail ... is not useful to themselves.

Started pursuit 2, barely stopped her retreat in phase 2... then she sheds her coat in the first 30 seconds of phase 3. I barely touched her...

Meh... I'll take the heat for it. Sorry gents.

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
4 weeks ago#302
@Sirk
An accident is understandable enough.
I have seen Kulve runs where she releases the instant she enters Area 3, with nobody nearby attacking.

But it's different when they deliberately go in breaking parts. Some players just aren't willing to learn. Or else they have this delusional hope they are going to get a horn break on PL1.

Sort of like breaking the one rock wall in Area 1, using the second cannon Kulve reaches. I've seen a number of them continually doing this. So she comes up through the broken path instead of going the long way and breaking through the other wall.

Which is just senseless in a first run, because there are usually 2-3 footprints and several gold chips if she takes the long route. And that helps push the PL higher.

@DarxWingDuck
Best thing to do is just not attack at all, aside from dropping those three boulders on her. Just run around gathering tracks and chips as they pop up.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye."
PSN: CrysisZephyr ~~~R.I.P - Burt Reynolds (9/6/18)~~~

User Info: Ad-vice

Ad-vice
4 weeks ago#303
Area 3 has a 5 part rule:
If 5 parts are off of KT at the same time then she sheds.

You always need to count how many are currently broken off as she heads to Area 3. If there are 3/4 pieces off then even trying for the rock drops could be dangerous depending on where they land. Even the lava eruptions could break weakened parts. It's also possible to break the 5th part off as she heads down to Area 3 so as soon as anyone enters she will instantly shed (so at PL1 it's probably not a good idea to keep attacking as she heads down to Area 3).

On the other hand if you only need like 1 more break and she just refreshed everything right before Area 3 then you can safely target/break it off in Area 3 for the extra points.

User Info: Semeki

Semeki
4 weeks ago#304
Well if you all let her go on Phase 2, then your argument of it a waste of time releasing her an pushing her to phase 4 would of made sense. But nope.
The darkest shadows are cast by the brightest light.

User Info: Button_Masher_Z

Button_Masher_Z
4 weeks ago#305
Semeki posted...
Well if you all let her go on Phase 2, then your argument of it a waste of time releasing her an pushing her to phase 4 would of made sense. But nope.

It's not black and white like that. The further you go, the longer it takes for her to escape.

The longer you pummel her and gain tracks and chips, the more points you get towards a higher pursuit level.

That said, you can grab tracks in phase two, you can go get chips that gajalakas dig up in zone 1. You can lead kulve around in both phase 2 and 3 to gather tracks. Breaking parts increases pursuit level. The difference lies in whether it's better to gather tracks, as few as they are, in phase 2, or get some more breaks and tracks in phase 3. I can tell you that a lot of times when we run kulve and stop in phase 2, PL only reaches 3. PL4 is a bit more reasonable, though both can be done.

I think, the larger the group running kulve, the more I'd lean towards settling in phase 2. The fewer, drive her to phase 3.
Support for optimism: Nearly everyone I meet is some poor sod who doesn't realize what they've got, and I'm the worst offender.
We all learn when we lose it.

User Info: Placid01

Placid01
4 weeks ago#306
Bedtime for me. Thanks! 8 new items in 3 runs (well, one partial and 2 full runs), including 6 r8's and a king gold exploder.

No kjarr bows, lbgs, nor snss, though, and only 1 kjarr db. Can't have everything, I guess.

Ad-vice
4 weeks ago#307
Don't tell anyone, but this is the super secret strat we did in Area 3 PL1 the other day for max points:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlivALEdnSI

User Info: Semeki

Semeki
4 weeks ago#308
Ad-vice posted...
Don't tell anyone, but this is the super secret strat we did in Area 3 PL1 the other day for max points:

Lol she released right before she was leaving.
The darkest shadows are cast by the brightest light.

Ad-vice
4 weeks ago#309
Semeki posted...
Ad-vice posted...

Lol she released right before she was leaving.

Yep, and it was the lava that broke her chest causing it (was telling the hub it was 'environmental damage' then my jaw dropped when she started leaving lol). Everyone was just gathering as usual the whole time in Area 3.
In that run we destroyed all her parts by Area 2, and I guess we softened her up too much as she went to Area 3.

User Info: Great_Khan

Great_Khan
4 weeks ago#310
Anything going right now? It's my last day to get a full run at her and going on my own has been glacial and uninformative
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. ~~Kulve Taroth Gfaqs Room~~
  • Topic Archived