• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Question about Tempered monster rewards.

User Info: DevilHands

DevilHands
2 months ago#1
Hi guys, as far as I know. Decorations are the only new thing and reason for doing tempered as oppose to non-tempered monsters.

However with the same threat level. Do they all drop the same decorations?

Like for example if Tempered Nergigante and Tempered Kushala have the same threat level but I found T. Kushala to be easier overall. Is there a reason to do T. Nergigante?

Also the Arch Tempered Version of monsters gives a new armor set right? So there's a reason to do all of them.
"For everything we love we eventually lose
and for everything we hate we eventually face"

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
2 months ago#2
Arch Tempered monsters give Tickets that are used to craft Gamma armors, which can be more powerful depending on the piece and skills associated. Usually the defense is always about 20 points higher.

Decoration drops are a percentage thing.

Tempered (T1)
60% Mysterious Feystone
35% Gleaming Feystone
5% Worn Feystone

Tempered (T2)
36% Gleaming Feystone
35% Worn Feystone
26% Warped Feystone
3% Warrior's Streamstone

Tempered (T3)
72% Worn Feystone
13% Warped Feystone
12% Warrior's Streamstone
3% Hero's Streamstone

You want the Warrior/Hero Streamstones in order to augment your weapons and give them bonus affinity or a health-stealing augment.

Different Feystones come out to different decorations.

Mysterious Feystone
85% Rank C decoration
15% Rank B decoration

Gleaming Feystone
65% Rank C
34% Rank B
1% Rank A

Worn Feystone
10% Rank C
82% Rank B
6% Rank A
2% Rank S

Warped Feystone
77% Rank B
18% Rank A
5% Rank S

Rank C are the R5 level decorations. Mostly 1-slot stuff. This is easy to get with the Triple Threat Throwdown event when it's available.

Rank B are the R6 decorations, you can also get these through Triple Threat Throwdown, so farm it when it's there. You should be able to beat it in 4-5 minutes and get 5-6 feystones per run.

Rank A are the R7 decorations. The hard to obtain ones. Mostly 2 and 3-slot items.
Rank S are the R8 decorations, rare and usually sought after stuff. These are about half 2-slot and half 3-slot.

Sniping is generally the preferred method to go after the Rank A and Rank S decos.

For that, you need another Tempered drop item, Gleaming Streamstones. Sullied/Shining work to a lesser extent, but it's a lot faster if you have around 20 Gleaming and then a bunch of Sullied/Shining to move the reward list forward as needed.

If you try to play it straight, this is like gambling in Vegas. It's a numbers game and you are royally screwed before you ever start out.

Tempered 2 is a 26% chance you get a Warped. After that, you have a 5% chance for that Warped to be a Rank S.
That means you have a 1.3% chance of getting a Rank S jewel.
There are 12 Rank S jewels currently in the game.

Only 4 of those require 1 deco. Handicraft requires 5, and the rest require 3 each.

So it becomes even more difficult to get the ones you want, in the numbers to maximize their usage.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye."
PSN: CrysisZephyr ~~~R.I.P - Burt Reynolds (9/6/18)~~~

User Info: Caroniver

Caroniver
2 months ago#3
Streamstones are dropped from tempered monsters, which are used for augmenting, which makes you more powerful.

Higher threat levels have a better chance to drop better decorations and streamstones.

Within a threat level, they're all the same. If you think Kush is easier than Nerg, you can go aheas and farm Kush.

Yes, AT monsters give Gamma sets, which are the equivalent of R sets in Generations.
Mixer of Mega Dash Juices, slayer of giant monsters.
Self-proclaimed leader of the Tri Hards. http://tinyurl.com/y8s94446

User Info: DevilHands

DevilHands
2 months ago#4
Got it, thanks!!
"For everything we love we eventually lose
and for everything we hate we eventually face"

User Info: Caroniver

Caroniver
2 months ago#5
SilverHawke27 posted...
Tempered 2 is a 26% chance you get a Warped. After that, you have a 5% chance for that Warped to be a Rank S.
That means you have a 1.3% chance of getting a Rank S jewel.
There are 12 Rank S jewels currently in the game.

To add to this, it's not split evenly within a rank how likely you are to get each jewel. Here's the split https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSpxxcdDrk2vNFFolh4Xz6QPSZeavjszVcUj7rh3LCoBsxALCyR5k_VhF9EadWKOeDMbRNxbW0kNpEx/pubhtml
Mixer of Mega Dash Juices, slayer of giant monsters.
Self-proclaimed leader of the Tri Hards. http://tinyurl.com/y8s94446

User Info: SilverHawke27

SilverHawke27
2 months ago#6
See my post above, on the off chance you have already read it. I made an additional edit with some math.

Out of the list of T2s, Odogaron could be easier than the rest, if you have Bleed Resistance and Evade Extender.

Lavasioth is a JOKE if you do it multiplayer with one hunter using a weak fire weapon to keep the lava boiling so he doesn't harden up. Back on the Tempered Lavasioth event for decos, I tried this and we destroyed it in six minutes. For solo, I'm not sure how good a Palico with fire weapon would be for handling that aspect of the fight while you stuck with raw/Poison damage.

With the Tempered Immunity to Flash, the Raths and Legiana become annoying as hell.

Diablos and Black Diablos are a pain for having to keep a cache of scream pods.

Uragaan and Bazelgeuse are annoying for the bomb drops everywhere.
"Sa souvraya niende misain ye."
PSN: CrysisZephyr ~~~R.I.P - Burt Reynolds (9/6/18)~~~

User Info: Enclosure

Enclosure
2 months ago#7
Bazel is just one giant weak spot to pierce. As long as you aren't roar locked he's pretty cake against well geared endgame hunters.
http://imgur.com/wNyX55h.jpg

User Info: mazingetter

mazingetter
2 months ago#8
SilverHawke27 posted...
For solo, I'm not sure how good a Palico with fire weapon would be for handling that aspect of the fight while you stuck with raw/Poison damage.

What about if you use a fire weapon and your palico is using a negative affinity weapon? It's how I was able to farm Lavasioth quickly.

User Info: Snazzy21

Snazzy21
2 months ago#9
SilverHawke27 posted...
See my post above, on the off chance you have already read it. I made an additional edit with some math.

Out of the list of T2s, Odogaron could be easier than the rest, if you have Bleed Resistance and Evade Extender.

Lavasioth is a JOKE if you do it multiplayer with one hunter using a weak fire weapon to keep the lava boiling so he doesn't harden up. Back on the Tempered Lavasioth event for decos, I tried this and we destroyed it in six minutes. For solo, I'm not sure how good a Palico with fire weapon would be for handling that aspect of the fight while you stuck with raw/Poison damage.

With the Tempered Immunity to Flash, the Raths and Legiana become annoying as hell.

Diablos and Black Diablos are a pain for having to keep a cache of scream pods.

Uragaan and Bazelgeuse are annoying for the bomb drops everywhere.

When soloing The Names Lavasioth my best time with Styx LBG was 4:03 and that was using the Gala set (its actually pretty good) so it could have been faster. Make good use of the torch pods around the area and shoot them at the ground not the monster and they leave a little fire patch the keeps ticking for a small amount of fire damage to heat him up.
3DS Friend code 4613-7498-1738

User Info: Enigma8th

Enigma8th
2 months ago#10
SilverHawke27 posted...
Tempered (T2)
36% Gleaming Feystone
35% Worn Feystone
26% Warped Feystone
3% Warrior's Streamstone

there must be something off here, i'm pretty sure you can get hero streamstones from threat level 2 tempered as well
There was a HOLE here. It's gone now.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter: World
  3. Question about Tempered monster rewards.
  • Topic Archived